Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "God's Lonely Man"

Well the DX before didn't have the gun slide thing. And I'm not sure that it is two figures, because he may not double dip with all the clothing on the full sets (and I'm guessing only one body will be included in any case). You may get one pair of pants and boots, but different shirts/jackets, so you can make either look, but not both without extra clothing. I don't think that's been clarified yet.

Last edited:

Hi It's rainman~
I want to know about this.

-------------

H&C Set 1:

Mohawk sculpt & outfit/accessories

H&C Set 2:

Haired Sculpt & outfit/accessories

Full Set:

Both outfits with both sculpts/accessories

EX Item: sunglasses

DX:

EX Items: sunglasses and gun sling

-----------------
Is there no problem right?~ if so i will keep this option for Driver.

This is perfect!!!! I just hope you decide to increase the edition size as I know many of us want this awesome figure!

Rainman, is there a way you can offer an extra pair of boots as an option? I'd like to display both heads/outfits, but I'm worried about only having one pair of boots!

That's a great way to split up the sets Rainman! Most will be very happy with it.

Excellent way to break it down as fair and as accessible as possible! Now looking forward to seeing more of those sculpts :)

Haha to be honest I sent Rainman the email with that layout, was surprised when he posted it word for word haha glad people like it! And glad I can get a Haired H&C set!!

While reading through these threads, ive found it interesting how many people get in contact with RM regarding his releases. IMO, from an artist point of view, i would find this kind of annoying no?? I mean, let the guy do what he does. Many of you guys have gone from being collectors to being direct participants in his releases. I just hope in the future, it doesn't turn him off to getting input.

Some better sculpt reveals soon hopefully :pray: Still very hard to make a call on the likeness. Don't see that Deniro Nose.

While reading through these threads, ive found it interesting how many people get in contact with RM regarding his releases. IMO, from an artist point of view, i would find this kind of annoying no?? I mean, let the guy do what he does. Many of you guys have gone from being collectors to being direct participants in his releases. I just hope in the future, it doesn't turn him off to getting input.

I would think he'd find it annoying too, but actually, it's probably smart business to put up with it. People are probably more willing to part with these large sums of money and be loyal to a particular artist when they feel they have that artist's ear and are "part of the club."

I would think he'd find it annoying too, but actually, it's probably smart business to put up with it. People are probably more willing to part with these large sums of money and be loyal to a particular artist when they feel they have that artist's ear and are "part of the club."

Possibly. You are talking about some serious cash. I wonder if rm will ever go the licenses route ala eb and rm.

Hi It's rainman~
I want to know about this.

-------------

H&C Set 1:

Mohawk sculpt & outfit/accessories

H&C Set 2:

Haired Sculpt & outfit/accessories

Full Set:

EX Item: sunglasses

DX:

EX Items: sunglasses and gun sling

-----------------
Is there no problem right?~ if so i will keep this option for Driver.

Screen-Shot-2012-09-04-at-9.56.31-PM.png

This has been the case since as far back as I started paying attention to Rainman stuff (when the Dude came out). If Rainman didn't allow it to happen, then it wouldn't, so I don't think he has much reason to get turned off to it--it's always his prerogative to listen or ignore. Like Obsolete says, it's good for business to listen to customers. Bad for "art" in my opinion, but he's not running a charity, and he clearly does want to maximize his profits with these things.

I'm still dying to know some of the details that are still unclear. 3 guns for the DX? 2 full outfits down to the boots for the full sets or just the bomber & plaid shirt? Is he down to make a few extra!?!?!? :lol

Side-note: Really liking this structure that makes everyone happy :yess: The vibe is peaceful for once and everyone wins. Bellissimo

Yeah, giving non-DX guys the alternate head option is extremely cool of him. But I'm also curious about the parts. Hopefully all will be made clear before the auctions go up, so folks know what they are getting into.

Haha to be honest I sent Rainman the email with that layout, was surprised when he posted it word for word haha glad people like it! And glad I can get a Haired H&C set!!

:yess:

Hi five to you Ajk :hi5:...I want the hair regular set (well if I can score one)...

I'm still dying to know some of the details that are still unclear. 3 guns for the DX? 2 full outfits down to the boots for the full sets or just the bomber & plaid shirt? Is he down to make a few extra!?!?!? :lol

Side-note: Really liking this structure that makes everyone happy :yess: The vibe is peaceful for once and everyone wins. Bellissimo

Yeah but the question is will it remain peaceful when people realize you're paying DX prices for a Fullset. :monkey1 (which is fair since you are getting the extra HS)

DX you're getting the arm slingy thingy, which took the man 1 day to make. The interesting thing is going to be the price difference between FS and the DX. I know some numbers have been thrown out already, but I am curious to see something more official. Guess we'll find out on release date? :dunno

Yeah but the question is will it remain peaceful when people realize you're paying DX prices for a Fullset. :monkey1 (which is fair since you are getting the extra HS)

DX you're getting the arm slingy thingy, which took the man 1 day to make. The interesting thing is going to be the price difference between FS and the DX. I know some numbers have been thrown out already, but I am curious to see something more official. Guess we'll find out on release date? :dunno

I really doubt that people will bug out when the official prices are announced... well no one should anyway. Everyone at this point should have a good idea of what to expect.

The slide? I'm still trying to make sense out of that. It did appear out of nowhere but it's hard to think that he whipped that up within his waking hours of a day. Maybe he was tinkering with this already and scrapped the idea, and then revisited it and just added the finishing touches; but who knows. Vince's book appeared in a couple of hours too. Even though its a much easier accessory to make I was still really surprised how fast that came to life. He must have a magic wand or a team of elves or something

Back