Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a replica of the jeans in homage to the movie:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/three-eight/item/rmc-td7002-140/

It seems the waves are yellow with the same stitching color. Pretty sure thats an easy details for rainman's tailor.

Only details that would be difficult to do at this scale is prolly the 'X' cross stitch replacing the hidden rivets.

Yup, that was the Real McCoys Taxi Driver replica clothing. The jeans are a raw denim but after a few months of constant wear they would fade and break in nicely depending on wear.

The only thing the Real McCoys did not get correct was the King Kong Company patch on the Jackets

Which also means that he have lesser heads to paint = faster in finishing up the painting process.

But yeah, its a bummer and its a sad thing for people to do this to him. At least cancel or email him as a courtesy.

think you've kind of hit the nail on the head here. where do people get off? its totally uncool and pretty disgusting the way people behave in these threads and the way in which they lash out against an artist who--aside from being talented and popular--is kind to his supporters and for this, he has been treated really poorly.
it's truly unfortunate because, honestly, i wouldnt blame RM at all if her decided to step back and no longer communicate with people and treat everyone coldly because some people, apparently, cant be given an inch without demanding the mile.

This comment makes me feel pretty sad
Its too bad that there are people out there that criticize Rainmans work knowing full well what they are going to get.
I don't get get the complaints

Why order in the first place ?
I mean I bought a full set then a few days later a double full set came up so I bagged that and cancelled my other but didn't have the scratch there and then as I hadn't antisapated it being $1300 .... so I spoke to lee and he was great about it gave me the time I needed to get the funds together and now it's all paid and done .
I guess what I'm saying is communication is key if you needed more time to pay contact him and let him know where ur at even tho you've had like 6-8 weeks to save for it ..., but if you had no intention in buying it in the first place then that's a bit unfair really ....

Anyway I'm so pumped to get this double full in hand .

Apparently Rainman's tailor does have this picture for reference. :) So we should get that accurate pair of jeans.
Lee_02.jpg

Back