Raiders of the lost ark Imax poster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiosity, is the poster only available at the AMC theaters? I called the Cinemark Galleria in Pittsburgh to see if they'll still have TDKR next week, and they said that they will, but they might be getting Raiders later that week. It's a classic, so I definitely want to see it, but the question is whether I go see it in 70mm in Pittsburgh, or just go to the closer AMC "liemax" in Columbus.

I'm going to see this on 7 September at the Pinnacle 18 & IMAX in Knoxville, TN.:panic: I wouldn't mind picking up one of these posters as well.

At CVI the artist had a large print of the poster without the revisd title or blu-ray promo. He said he wasn't allowed to sell it that way. :(

Last edited:
So which 2012 re-release poster is better, TPM 3D or Raiders IMAX?

star-wars-phantom-menace-3D-poster.jpg

63242.jpg

Indy, definitely. I liked the painted SW posters, and as much as I love Maul, the "big Maul and some other stuff haphazardly thrown in" look seems cheap.

Indy, definitely. I liked the painted SW posters, and as much as I love Maul, the "big Maul and some other stuff haphazardly thrown in" look seems cheap.

Well, if you don't centralize Maul, who are you going to put there as the focus?:rotfl Once we saw that mysterious kid in the teaser poster act onscreen, mystique was set to zero.

HF towered over Raiders, so no problem there.

I did notice that they revised his IJATROTLA painting to get rid of a handgun in his hand!

Well, if you don't centralize Maul, who are you going to put there as the focus?:rotfl Once we saw that mysterious kid in the teaser poster act onscreen, mystique was set to zero.

Maul should be the focus, but the layout of everything else just seems lazy when it's photos. I guess the painting aspect of the other posters allows for more clutter, while still managing to look good.

Anybody going to see the marathon willing to sell me their Raiders poster?

It's not playing near me and I am a poster collector, so this would be very much appreciated.

If willing, please message me.

Edit- Anyone know if this poster is an original or merely a repro?

Last edited:
A little heads up.

The 11" x 17" Imax mini poster that people are selling on eb*y right now are free give aways.
I went to the marathon and the mini posters were free. No ticket needed.

If this is a piece you want, go to your local AMC showing "Raiders" in Imax. They may have some left. It's a pretty nice 11" x 17" mini. Well worth tracking down.

Back