Raiders of the lost ark Imax poster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't checked since the original announcement. Will my only opportunity to see TOD on the big screen this year require that I also buy tickets for TLC and KOTCS?

Yes.

The marathon is a one-time deal on Saturday 9/15, while RAIDERS IMAX will play for a week.

Still, $25 for a marathon ticket isn't bad at all. You can convince yourself it's just for RAIDERS and TOD and leave after that and you'd definitely get your money's worth. ;)

Oh, and that TPM re-release poster is absolutely wretched.

Yes.

The marathon is a one-time deal on Saturday 9/15, while RAIDERS IMAX will play for a week.

Still, $25 for a marathon ticket isn't bad at all. You can convince yourself it's just for RAIDERS and TOD and leave after that and you'd definitely get your money's worth. ;)

Oh, and that TPM re-release poster is absolutely wretched.

That's true. $25 for a one time double feature opportunity isn't a bad deal at all. :duff

Wait a minute, the marathon is also in IMAX??? I just assumed that they'd put Raiders in a regular auditorium and then you'd sit through all four in a row.

Wait a minute, the marathon is also in IMAX??? I just assumed that they'd put Raiders in a regular auditorium and then you'd sit through all four in a row.

Not sure how it will work, but that's my understanding (that RAIDERS will be in IMAX in the marathon). I don't believe they are releasing any RAIDERS prints that aren't IMAX. Waiting on confirmation, though. The other 3 surely won't be in IMAX (at least I don't believe so... that would be a wild surprise).

Okay, I was wrong :(. Just got it confirmed that the RAIDERS in the marathon will not be IMAX, just the new 4000k transfer (pre-IMAX conversion). Oh well. Still probably gonna do it, though. Still a good deal at $25.

Here's the release schedule in a nutshell:

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 7 - THURS SEPT. 13: Raiders of The Lost Ark: The IMAX Experience (1 week only). Get list of participating theaters with tickets and showtimes here: https://www.imax.com/movies/m/indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-the-imax-experience/

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15, starting 10:30 AM: Indiana Jones 4-Film Marathon: Exclusively At Participating AMC Theaters (list here: https://www.amctheatres.com/events/indiana-jones-marathon). Free RAIDERS IMAX posters (weird since it's not IMAX) and lanyards to all ticketed attendees while supplies last.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 18: Indiana Jones Complete Adventures Blu-ray released in North America.

Now I'm considering doing Raiders in IMAX and just coughing up the $25 to see TOD alone. I guess I'd still have to get there at 10:30 for the poster though.

Now I'm considering doing Raiders in IMAX and just coughing up the $25 to see TOD alone. I guess I'd still have to get there at 10:30 for the poster though.

I thought about that as well but then realized that RAIDERS is only one of the most perfect movies ever made and seeing it twice on the big screen in 1 week (perhaps for the final time) is not such a bad thing. ;)

No, not in Imax... LIEMAX at AMC.

Well it looks like this isn't coming to the UK :(

If any of you lucky people manage to get an extra poster, I will gladly pay for it and be eternally grateful!

The AMC website appears to show the marathon poster. I could be wrong.
The image is not the IMAX poster image.
Does anyone know what the give away posters actually looks like? Size of it?

Don't know the size (but I hope/assume full 27x40) but Raats confirmed that the giveaway posters will indeed be his new artwork for the IMAX release.

I will see this at Century City's AMC IMAX in Los Angeles.... but I think that AMC location has LieMax... how do I tell if its genuine? First off, it ain't a huge screen.

These in CA have been confirmed as true IMAX (list is almost a year old, though):

Cathedral City Desert IMAX Theater (1999)
Irvine Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 & IMAX (2002)
Los Angeles California Science Center (1998)
Los Angeles Rave 18 IMAX (2010)
Ontario Edwards Ontario Palace 22 & IMAX (2003)
Sacramento Esquire IMAX Theatre (1999)
San Diego Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (1973)
San Francisco AMC Loews Metreon (1999)
San Jose Tech Museum of Innovation (1998)
Universal City AMC Loews Universal City (2000)

Back