Raiders : IDOL picture thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restaurajones,

Have you ever thought about casting your sculpt, having them vacuum metalized and selling them to grateful fans the world over? Your work is incredible!

no problem! :banana

I don't feel like bumping up a thread that was created to crap on a piece when others want to share their joy of having it in a non-hostile posting environment.

Go ahead and post some shots if you've got 'em!

Believe me...those of us who frequent here still manage to appreciate the pieces for what they are, perceived warts-n-all...and part of that appreciation/celebration from some around here is ripping into them as well as enjoying them...

The more images from folks we can get, the better...so post 'em, please!

Restaurajones,

Have you ever thought about casting your sculpt, having them vacuum metalized and selling them to grateful fans the world over? Your work is incredible!

Thanks. Yes, I have thought but my first goal was to make a hero prop version for me. The problem is that this version have a lot of work for make more than one. Another posibility is to make a solid Belloq version with drilled pupils like mk o Magnoli version or an idol with the glossy eyes painted very realistic, would be my best choice for the fans. My mold have my original resculpt idol with the drilled pupils. ;)

Go ahead and post some shots if you've got 'em!

Believe me...those of us who frequent here still manage to appreciate the pieces for what they are, perceived warts-n-all...and part of that appreciation/celebration from some around here is ripping into them as well as enjoying them...

The more images from folks we can get, the better...so post 'em, please!

I'll post em when I got em, I just don't think this should be the official photo thread if the sole purpose was to bash the piece and not to share any enjoyment or appreciation of it. It just feels so . . . dirty, but whatever. :lol

I'll post em when I got em, I just don't think this should be the official photo thread if the sole purpose was to bash the piece and not to share any enjoyment or appreciation of it. It just feels so . . . dirty, but whatever. :lol

Agreed. Discussing or bashing or arguing about this should be kept to the original thread. We need a pure photo thread, no discussion.

Dude...again, this thread was not started to BASH Sideshow. It was soley to show the first available pics and discuss what I saw. If what you saw was different from what I see then by all means, discuss it. It was meant as a simple discussion of the pics. What difference does it make if we discuss it in this thread or another? I'm also not going to call a Honda a Ferrari just because some people may get upset. Sideshow has produced many Ferrari's and when they do I am the first to praise them for it. I just call them the way I see them and I think I was more than fair to this piece.

I would hope the sensitivity and usual bickering can cease and whoever else has pics, please post them up.

Dude...again, this thread was not started to BASH Sideshow. It was soley to show the first available pics and discuss what I saw. If what you saw was different from what I see then by all means, discuss it. It was meant as a simple discussion of the pics. What difference does it make if we discuss it in this thread or another? I'm also not going to call a Honda a Ferrari just because some people may get upset. Sideshow has produced many Ferrari's and when they do I am the first to praise them for it. I just call them the way I see them and I think I was more than fair to this piece.

I would hope the sensitivity and usual bickering can cease and whoever else has pics, please post them up.

Doesn't matter, when you start a thread bashing that is how the rest of the thread is going to go.

Some of us have high standards and when you are paying hundreds of dollars for a product that is an "officially" licensed 1:1 prop replica you expect it to be as faithful and accurate to the original screen props as possible. When you produce something that is a general idealization and not an accurate 1:1 "replica" that just opens the door to criticism and nitpicking, as so often is the case with Sideshow. Now whether it is Sideshow's fault for not doing painstaking research and sculpting with precision accuracy or Lucasfilm demanding that it not be so precise out of fear that recasts and bootlegs of their original 1:1 props are copied and mass distributed is something we'll probably never know for certain but I suspect it's probably a bit of both.

There are high standards and then there is being reasonable. Nothing is perfect and I cannot imagine how you are a collector if you cannot accept that.

Nothing is perfect but it is reasonable to expect as close to accurate as possible. I'm sure a company like eFX could produce a much more screen accurate replica if they had the license. If you can't accept the fact that there are others with different opinions then your own and accept only mediocrity then I don't know how you can call yourself a collector.

There are high standards and then there is being reasonable. Nothing is perfect and I cannot imagine how you are a collector if you cannot accept that.

I have to agree. Unless its the exact one used on film its not going to be 100% correct even if its cast from the original. And even the "real" ones can look different in the movie and in real life. I understand people wanting it to be perfect but nothing is going to be 100% perfect when humans are involved in making it.

Nothing is perfect but it is reasonable to expect as close to accurate as possible. I'm sure a company like eFX could produce a much more screen accurate replica if they had the license. If you can't accept the fact that there are others with different opinions then your own and accept only mediocrity then I don't know how you can call yourself a collector.

I have no problem with your opinion for the most part...it is the CONSTANT negativity that just gets old. I definitely do no agree with some stuff Sideshow puts out but honestly nagging and _____ing and moaning and whining all the time is not what I do. I enjoy collecting, if there is something I don't like I don't buy it but I don't find the need to make remarks about something all the time. I say my peace once if I don't like it and that is that. You and others seem to always find a way to bring up why you don't like something whenever possible, even when it is old news. (hint hint, German Indy...really guy?)

I have to agree. Unless its the exact one used on film its not going to be 100% correct even if its cast from the original. And even the "real" ones can look different in the movie and in real life. I understand people wanting it to be perfect but nothing is going to be 100% perfect when humans are involved in making it.

That is why I need to invent Skynet so I can have perfect screen accurate replicas.

For your information I actually bought German Indy when guys like Nam were ____ing and moaning and whining about it.

For your information I actually bought German Indy when guys like Nam were ____ing and moaning and whining about it.

Ok but why the need for negativity? We get it, you have problems with it, we don't need to hear about it when one guy asks if there is an exclusive.

That is why I need to invent Skynet so I can have perfect screen accurate replicas.

I still don't know... I think some of those Terminators were different. I mean if they were made at the same time how come T2 Arnold looks older than T1 Arnold. :)

And to stay on topic.. I like the Idol.

I wasn't being negative. I answered his question truthfully. They SHOULD have included the hatless head. I still bought it. What's your problem? Don't like what I have to say use the ignore button. This is a discussion forum and people have a right to discuss an opinion whether you agree with them or not.

I still don't know... I think some of those Terminators were different. I mean if they were made at the same time how come T2 Arnold looks older than T1 Arnold. :)

And to stay on topic.. I like the Idol.

Idol rocks!

Skynet knew they were sending that Arnold to a different time so they needed to update his hair...which still doesn't explain the age looked.

Oh well.

I wasn't being negative. I answered his question truthfully. They SHOULD have included the hatless head. I still bought it. What's your problem? Don't like what I have to say use the ignore button. This is a discussion forum and people have a right to discuss an opinion whether you agree with them or not.

I usually do ignore but sometimes I just have to be a jackass. You know how it is. :)

:duff

I'm sure a company like eFX could produce a much more screen accurate replica if they had the license.
That is, IF LFL allows anyone to.

I would like to take the time to make all of you aware that Stellarcreative is a liar and a thief. He took from me, lied to me and made money with my help but screwed me out of a deal several years ago, so proceed at your own risk.

Back