Racism at the White House Correspondents Dinner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows? :dunno

It could be true, but instead of taking meaningful action to bring appropriate consequences against the individuals who wronged her, she used the incident to make blanket accusations of 'white privilege', etc. She may preferred to insinuate that Americans were racist than to seek any justice for herself.

If that's the case, I have little sympathy. The answer to being judged for belonging to an arbitrary grouping isn't to arbitrarily group others with the individuals who wronged you. Racism isn't exactly the cure for racism. After I was assaulted, I didn't go the police (I was homeless; they would not have given half a damn) but I sure a hell didn't go off in public about how 'black racism'.

:rotfl

^ I agree with that

And she should officially report it, even consider a lawsuit

Absolutely. She's a wealthy, intelligent professional. There's no reason on Earth why anyone in her position should be reduced to shilling for a surrogate vindication in the face that kind of abuse.

Last edited:
The answer to being judged for belonging to an arbitrary grouping isn't to arbitrarily group others with the individuals who wronged you. Racism isn't exactly the cure for racism. After I was assaulted, I didn't go the police (I was homeless; they would not have given half a damn) but I sure a hell didn't go off in public about how 'black racism'.

Well said!

There's always 2 sides to a story. If you spoke to the security guards I'm sure there story would be different. It's to hard to judge a story when there's no witnesses & if you don't know any of these persons personalities at all.

But theres no denying that racism is about & it's so sad that people can hate someone just because of the colour of there skin.

I didn't read the entire story. Did she eventually ask one of the people being let through to contact her husband for her?

P.S. - You all know that The Huffington Post is very little better than The National Enquirer, don't you?

Last edited:
Yellow journalism at its most educated. :lecture

Exactly. Makes you weep a bit for humanity. Why can't we all just hate on people for their beliefs and customs?

Because it's wrong to hold a negative opinion of another person just because their ideas are patently retarded. Or, something.

I can't tell you the number of people who have accused me of being all manner of evil for not giving them a key to their hotel room because they couldn't produce proof that they were the person renting the room. I've never been fired, but then again, my employer wasn't this President.

Sounds like satire to me.

$10 says it's made up.

Yeah, I'm calling B.S. on this. At the very least, I think she's exaggerating.

It's just so melodramatic. Tears? Really? And these guys just outright treated her like a potential terrorist while she wept in her evening gown? Out of spite? Yeah, maybe in Mississippi. Not in D.C. at what amounts to a Hollywood event. It's too cliche, and not exactly savvy. Stereotypes are raging in that article, but at the other end of the pen.

Back