Rabidwolverine customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys heres my update on my sideshow body/marmit fett kitbash, his armor is all on i just need to do some more sanding to get the feet pegs i created to fit in the shoes and the original marmit feet. real quick crappy flash pics

rabidwolverine21 said:
hey guys i need some advice, im doin my regular anakin, and where do you think i should position the eyes.

Les has taught the wisdom of having them looking a bit up, into the lids, so as to give him that brooding grimace. I think Josh and I have bothe followed suit. :lol

Mikey's right, I would do them up slightly....but not too much or he'll look like a zomby. But y'know the best way to figure out where to position them? Watch the film, or google-image LOTS of pics... and choose the ones you like the look of... where you like how the character looks.

Then copy that :D

This is how I always work. It's easy to just paint eyes and think "well they'll be fine" but if you really want it to look like the actor, like the character, then the eyes have to be exactly the same... or as close as you can get them. And that means looking at reference images. I never, ever work on a repaint without having LOTS of images to hand, showing the person from all angles. Plus a few showing him how i want him to look.

Make sure you show us when you're done... can't wait to see it, you got the Sith eyes placed perfectly :D

finished4.jpg

I'm considering painting the Sith eyes the same way, instead of off to the side. I know we've all gotten used to doing it off to the side, but I think the other way might be more menacing. We shall see.

i just went through all the brushes in the art shop and picked out one of the smallest ones that I thought was about right. It has a '0' on it if that means anything.....

that's the brush I use for the eyes. It's possible the UK system is different to the US one, and to be honest I've never gone by 'sizes' anyway.. whenever I've bought brushes, both for customs and oil paintings, I just pick them up and choose the ones that feel right for whatever i needed

hunky_artist said:
that's the brush I use for the eyes. It's possible the UK system is different to the US one, and to be honest I've never gone by 'sizes' anyway.. whenever I've bought brushes, both for customs and oil paintings, I just pick them up and choose the ones that feel right for whatever i needed

Ditto that.... You just buy a bunch of small brushes and find one that works best for you. It takes a little time to find out which ones are best suited for different jobs, but you'll get it.

And as for the eye... looking up is best... And remember to position the eyebrows accordingly or the expression won't work. The brows are VERY important to the emotional "feel" of your figure repaints. :D

Great work so far... I can't wait to see your finished Anakin!

hey guys heres my next update, highlander repaint, just the eyes and scruff and hair nothing to major to correct, but for the life of me i couldnt figure out his eye color even after google and yahoo image searches, though the closet i got was a darker blue color just so i could have it done for right now.

Back