Rabidwolverine customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidwolverine21

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey guys just got a camera so i decided to take some pics of my aragorn first and il post more pics of my collection later. this is a custom that i did a few weeks ago, mind you i just got this camera so the pics arent the best but expect much better pics of more customs and aragorn later.
IMG_0053.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0094.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0033.jpg

hope you like, this is my first real full face sideshow custom, so please be nice lol:rotfl

Last edited:
Solid efforts RW! There is room for improvement for sure, but a very good start. I know my first wasn't as ballsy, so kudos to you for going for the big dog first. Aragorn is not easy to paint by any measure at all, and you didn't ruin it at all.

Best advice I can give on getting a more varied skin tone that doesn't look so "toyish" would be to learn to love drybrushing. It will save your ass many times if you learn to use it right. Just start dark with the skin and go lighter and lighter until it looks natural. And remember to dry that brush as much as you can without it being entirely devoid of paint before you apply. At the end I like to hit it with a shade darker than the face to give it touches of color at the top of the forehead, brows and cheekbones.

And a good trick for stubble is to mix a thick wash of greyish brown and drybrush it where you want the stubble... let it dry and then follow that with a wash of skin tone over the top and a light drybrush over the top to finish it. It really works...

thanks alot man, i appreciate it, unfortunantly alot of the skin tone is lost in pictures, i just got the camera today so i havnt figured out good pics without flash, and the ones where the skin appears very very pale are the ones with flash. im working on sith anakin right now, il post when im done, since i know you to be the king of the anakin repaints.

Last edited:
rabidwolverine21 said:
thanks alot man, i appreciate it, unfortunantly alot of the skin tone is lost in pictures, i just got the camera today so i havnt figured out good pics without flash, and the ones where the skin appears very very pale are the ones with flash. im working on sith anakin right now, il post when im done, since i know you to be the king of the anakin repaints.

I look forward to it!! And be careful with posting flash pics... They are harsh on the paint and people can crucify you with words of criticism...:lol

Welcome to the long and harsh road of painting your figures. Your collection will never be the same again. I promise you. :D

Lookin' terrific RW!
Love your eye work, especially the turned look.

BTW, when I went through these shots the first time, I thought, with that shot of his mech hand up in front of his face in that one shot, that he had Predator dreads! :lol I was like, THAT'S DIFFERENT! A Predatored up Anakin! :D

But no, your paint work is looking very good! Keep posting progress!

Very nice!! To have had so little time working on repaints... you've got eyes DOWN! I'm shocked.

When I started, my eyes looked like crap! :rotfl

thanks alot man, the lucky thing is im only 16 and the years ive had working on art projects in my classes will only be doubled by the years i have left to learn im very very excited with what will be coming around the corner.

rabidwolverine21 said:
thanks alot man, the lucky thing is im only 16 and the years ive had working on art projects in my classes will only be doubled by the years i have left to learn im very very excited with what will be coming around the corner.

welcome to the youth club... no seriously... haha I'm 16 too.

Keep up the good work man!

Back