Premium Format R2-D2 Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles - 2015 LE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visedar

Freaked Out
Reaction score
star-wars-r2-d2-premium-format-300509-03.jpg

Limited Edition: TBD - $379.99

"Beep boop beep!"

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, two unforgettable droids put an adventure in motion that would change the galaxy forever! Joining his loyal yet neurotic companion C-3PO, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the R2-D2 Premium Format™ Figure.

Carrying an important message from Princess Leia, Artoo joins the Rebel mission aboard a Millennium Falcon inspired base. Built with screen accurate details, a weathered finish and light up features, the feisty blue and white astromech is standing by for a game of holographic chess or to repair a hyperdrive. An essential addition to any Star Wars collection, R2-D2 is the droid you’ve been looking for.

What's in the Box?
Composed of high-quality PVC and polystone

Pre/order at: Star Wars R2-D2 Premium Format(TM) Figure by Sideshow Collec | Sideshow Collectibles

Before someone posts something along the line that this thread already exists, please read below:

As a community we should do better job titling/organizing the new threads. We all have busy lives outside the forums, but it just takes few extra seconds to properly create a new thread for the newer items. As much as this is a rehash of the old and the same, it's a different release and different item. You can hate as much as you want for me saying this, but the Admins need to do better job moderating and/or enforcing best practices, i.e. when it comes to naming conventions, whether it's the prefix, tittle, or the recycling of old/existing threads -- which can be confusing at times.

I'm all for merging similar/duplicate threads and keep the boards neat and less convoluted, but new(er) and/or revised releases should have their own distinct threads. You're not saving the world or reducing any carbon footprint by adding a new release/item to an older thread; you will actually be doing the exact opposite.

Call me "whatever" nazi you want, but if you don't have the capability or the capacity to start a proper thread for new items, then let someone else do it.

Last edited:
Wow the hoses on both their bases look like crap. This one's poly though? That's better...

edit: Are you sure it's poly? It says only 5lb and I assume the base is poly in which case that leaves like no weight for the RD. I think he's still plastic at 5lb :|

Last edited:
I'm gonna want to see some in hand reviews before buying this. Really want a R2-D2 statue but don't want a hollow plastic one. :(

Holy **** this figure is expensive

Agreed. The previously released duo-version with the Tatooine base was $750, and that had a decent, large and heavy base. These new individually released versions, their prices combined, will total $780! With inflation in mind, I doubt their new bases are that amazing to justify that pricing. The 6th/1:6 scale R2-D2 has more accessories, and costs the fraction of this 1:4 scale. They should have added at least sound board to it! The original 6th/1:6 scale Imperial Probe Droid had both light-up and sound with interesting base, and it cost little over half what this is priced at.

Wow the hoses on both their bases look like crap. This one's poly though? That's better...
edit: Are you sure it's poly? It says only 5lb and I assume the base is poly in which case that leaves like no weight for the RD. I think he's still plastic at 5lb :|

On their site, it describes it as "composed of high-quality PVC and polystone." So it's pretty much made of plastic and probably the polystone only exists in the bass.

I'm gonna want to see some in hand reviews before buying this. Really want a R2-D2 statue but don't want a hollow plastic one. :(

My sentiments exactly. So far the only useful aspect, for me, is the fact that I can use this as a spare piece for my original duo version; since they're seem to be identical.

As I mentioned above, for this price, Sideshow should have at least added more accessories like they did with the 1:6 scale, as well as sound! Then to me, the price at least would have been justified.

Isn't there already a thread for this?

Yes and there has been a lot of discussion in there as well.

I understand the idea for better "organization" but two more threads to scroll down across for the same products is counter-productive. A simple change in the title of the original thread would serve a better purpose than 3 threads for the same product.

I understand the idea for better "organization" but two more threads to scroll down across for the same products is counter-productive. A simple change in the title of the original thread would serve a better purpose than 3 threads for the same product.

That "simple title change" will be a disservice to the legacy posts regarding the previously released version. Appending posts of the new release to the older one, will be a convoluted experience. They're distinct releases, whether you agree or not, and they require separate threads. It's not a better user experience to waste time navigating through irrelevant posts (created and added for the newer release) in order to find the posts relevant to the actual and original release/version.

Also, they're not the same product; hence, they're not 3 threads for the same product.

Moreover, the hierarchy of the threads and the page you currently see them on and in close proximity to each other, is not static or permanent. The threads page is dynamic, and it may be two threads down now, but that won't be the case tomorrow.

Hm I was hoping that I could get a "clean look" version so I'll have to get it painted by someone. I like the base more than the other 2 though.

The dome on this one will be removable, so you can fill up r2d2 with rocks, milk, piss, diarrhea, etc, to add back that "good quality" heft to it.

I think I'll go with jelly beans. Maybe there's a slot on the bottom they can spill out from.

tumblr_li9klojKCQ1qd9fzl.gif

You have to wonder how we ever made it this long without the condescending guidance of obsessive-compulsive newbs.

Am I missing something. You say $30 difference to the original release and that's not justified. $30 is not much extra but it's a hell of a lot less than what the original release is going for now.
And if you already own the original release than this release doesn't really matter for you.

You have to wonder how we ever made it this long without the condescending guidance of obsessive-compulsive newbs.

+1

Tolerance and patience, my friend. And the ability to forgive those who tend to speak/act before thinking.

While tolerance can lead to learning something (Jakob Dylan), we shouldn't get so tolerant that we end up tolerating intolerance (Bill Maher).

The dome on this one will be removable, so you can fill up r2d2 with rocks, milk, piss, diarrhea, etc, to add back that "good quality" heft to it.

Has nothing to do with weight and has to due with it being made out of hollow plastic like toys but SS wanting $300+ for it.... just a rip-off but to each their own...

Here ya go, it's 1/4 scale, $160 and it's interactive :)

Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens - R2-D2™ Interactive Robotic Droid - Thinkway - Toys "R" Us

Back