R.I.P. Jacob Binfield (jbinny)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
candlesad.gif

Very sad news, I didn't have a lot of interactions with Jbinny but do remember him. I hope he is at peace.

Wow....I'm totally shocked by this, blindsided to say the very least.

He will definitely be missed. I worked with him only once when I bought a statue from him years back, but like a lot of us, have interacted with him numerous times in various threads, etc.

My condolences to his family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

RIP jbinny. My sincere condolences to those who were close to him. The MARVEL forum won't be the same without you.

Didn't know jbinny too well, but definitely enjoyed reading his posts on here. He helped shape my views of collecting and forum life too. I know that sounds strange, but I'm a bit shocked. Sad news indeed.

I'm at a loss for words.... Tragic.

Jake was one of the first people I spoke with when I joined the boards a few years ago. So sad. He will be missed.

Like I said earlier, did not know him well on a person to person level...but i do know that he was one of the most passionate collectors here on this very forum.

Aside from the superficiality of collecting...he was passionate about life. How hard is it to go from being an athlete to all of a sudden confined to a wheel-chair :(.

The guy was a fighter and it sucks that he was taken so soon.

...the boards just won't be the same with out Jbinny. We had great discussions in the Marvel forum and teasing the anti-flipper crowd in the WTB thread. Jeesh, I will really miss his frequent images of dolphins.

RIP Jake...:(

Oh my god. This is really sad news. I had a very silly falling out with JBinny over some stupid statue that we were supposed to trade... so trivial and stupid sounding now in hind sight.

What happened? The obit doesn't really say.

I'm very saddened by this news and I always liked how Jake would call anyone out who called him out for profiting over a flipped statue. He pretty much called it like he saw it.

RIP Jake. I'll miss your posts. You'll be missed bro.

If you click on the link in the first post - they have info listed for memorial contributions. People could donate individually....if it seems like several of you would like to pool your money together, let me know and I could start something up.

I'd be willing to contribute. Let me know if there is enough interest.

Back