QUI PROD. PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poncho doesnt look right at all. Should be tattered and the stripe screenprinted on or the stripes weaved in it.

i saw your post but it took to to a production blog.

nevermind...i went to production blog :duh

I saw it both here and at RS Zakk. Haven't had a chance to post my thoughts till now.

I can't wait to get him. He looks every bit as awesome as the proto pics. I have not one thing bad to say about him (except that I wish they had done the hair sculpt closer to Origins Connor, but oh well. I knew that when I first oredered him).

Anyone notice the hologram projector? Unlike the others this one still has the three prongs on the side. Is that actually staying this time?

I like it. The pose they used for the poncho is a nice pose. Might steal that one for mine.

Looks pretty good, but I hate wings on the hair. I wonder if the hairpeice is removeable (looks like a separate peice), the side of the head could dremeled down for a better fit. I'm not gonna good mad for him but might consider it later down the line after Maul surfaces. Thanks for the link!

Memnoch21 said:
Anyone notice the hologram projector? Unlike the others this one still has the three prongs on the side. Is that actually staying this time?

Yup, mine has the three prongs.

gu1438.JPG

The poncho looks weird, but that was discussed ad nauseam when the proto was shown, I wonder why it stayed the same?
Otherwise the figure looks great. I'll wait to see it in hand before passing judgement on the weird looking hair piece...

abake said:
The poncho looks weird, but that was discussed ad nauseam when the proto was shown, I wonder why it stayed the same?

That's exactly what I would like to know.

I can understand them not changing the George Washington-like hairpiece, but the poncho remaining exactly the same (inaccurate) really does baffle me. I mean, they had SIX MONTHS to at least use a more accurate piece of fabric and/or making it a little longer.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sachiel said:
Phantom Menace had the 3 prongs. Clones and Sith did not.

Did the Clone and Sith holoprojectors have glue on the back of them? Because mine all came with glue on the back of them.

Come on now, we all know the glue, stucky stuff or whatever is there so it stays in the figures hand. My question is will it last forever?

IrishJedi said:
That's exactly what I would like to know.

I can understand them not changing the George Washington-like hairpiece, but the poncho remaining exactly the same (inaccurate) really does baffle me. I mean, they had SIX MONTHS to at least use a more accurate piece of fabric and/or making it a little longer.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

https://www.qui-gonline.org/features/quiponchoshmi.jpg

That picture there has the poncho appearing the same color as Sideshows, only thing off then would be the length.

No. Because of the way Lucas color-timed the film Qui-Gon's poncho was much closer to a tannish-brown color than the bluish-gray that SSC's is. Even in the pic with Shmi you posted it looks closer to the color of Qui-Gon's tunic.

I think it is the same color as Sideshow's, only in the movie it looks like hes been sleeping in it and wearing it day and night for 3 months strait.

Back