Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their website sucks, to put it bluntly.
Not being able to access your order history any further back than 6 months is unacceptable in this day and age.

They've also started to ignore me after I decided to pay the extra EMS fee. I'm starting to think they sold all the Gandalfs they had on hand, included those that are for people that paid deposits but cannot be shipped like mine. Without an order history to follow up on, this does not put confidence in customers.

Hmmm hopefully they start answering their emails soon. Again they have always seemed to answer mine within a few days. I would try to direct message them on social media if you have social media accounts or if you don’t I would try messaging them here.

I do agree that their website/store is not the best. Like I have said before I have been locked out of my account for years and have been making all my orders outside of it. I know based on my emails with them all my orders still show up under my email address but I only had two orders officially under the account as far as I can tell (still can’t get access to it). That has been frustrating because I have bought every single LOTR & Hobbit release (sometimes twice) from them but when they do the free gifts for their loyal/regular buyers I probably won’t be on the list and will have to hope they reach out to this site like they did for the sword.

They've also started to ignore me after I decided to pay the extra EMS fee. I'm starting to think they sold all the Gandalfs they had on hand, included those that are for people that paid deposits but cannot be shipped like mine. Without an order history to follow up on, this does not put confidence in customers.

Really? How much extra did you have to pay? They quoted me $160 via DHL which I nearly fell off my chair at.

Im another Day1 pre-order for Gandalf that hasnt heard a word since.

From what I can tell,it seems Rovi is now replying to messages and that Gines Wu may have left?
So maybe this is why there is a delay in return messaging as Rovi tries to catch up?
Just my guess.

From what I can tell,it seems Rovi is now replying to messages and that Gines Wu may have left?
So maybe this is why there is a delay in return messaging as Rovi tries to catch up?
Just my guess.

Well that’s reasonable at least if there’s some restructuring happening. Hopefully communication resumes because we all miss Asmus’ availability and prompt customer service.

Got a very polite email back this morning and apologies for the error with clearing the Galadriel payment, all sorted now.
Just got to wait for uk shipping to go ahead.

My next question was do I need to wait until I get confirmation of my Gandalf balance.?

I paid for a figure on Asmus' site 10 days ago, I sent an email and 2 facebook pm's ....Still no answers, I'm getting worried T.T

Got a very polite email back this morning and apologies for the error with clearing the Galadriel payment, all sorted now.
Just got to wait for uk shipping to go ahead.

My next question was do I need to wait until I get confirmation of my Gandalf balance.?

I'm waiting my answer on that. I wonder if they sold our figures to customers who can receive shipments without the extra fee. I'm starting to worry since there's no way to keep track of your order.

I had Galadriel and Gandalf on pre order, I paid for Galadriel after the error was sorted then noticed Gandalf balance was on too and was in stock to I paid that too .... not sure if I should or not but payment went through ???

So as far as I?m aware now I?m all paid up and waiting for uk shipping to resume.

I have not had an invoice for Gandalf even though I ordered on day 1 in 2019. I would happily pay the courier fees but despite contact by email it has not even been offered. I have had the invoice for Galadriel and was told I could pay $130 for DHL. I said fine over a week ago and expected a link, which has not happened. I am quite surprised. Asmus have always been brilliantly efficient. ����*♂️

I have not had an invoice for Gandalf even though I ordered on day 1 in 2019. I would happily pay the courier fees but despite contact by email it has not even been offered. I have had the invoice for Galadriel and was told I could pay $130 for DHL. I said fine over a week ago and expected a link, which has not happened. I am quite surprised. Asmus have always been brilliantly efficient. ����*♂️

Thats disappointing to hear. I have also now had 2 emails go unanswered. They are really risking my reputation here.

I've cancelled my Gandalf and gone with a retailer that has it In Stock.
I am usually nothing but happy with Asmus as a company but this huge delay with Gandalf's invoice + the mess-up with the Galadriel pre-orders + the relative silence + the hugely inflated shipping quotes all for UK customers only has really affected my confidence in whether this order will be fulfilled.
Despite the issues with Galadriel at least there is some movement on those orders being fulfilled ( plus the exclusive makes me reluctant to re-order through a secondary seller).
I would like to feel confident in ordering directly from them again in the future, so hopefully these issues will be resolved.

It is not for UK customers only. Also European countries are suffering the same from Asmus, and maybe other countries as well.
Any way, not a serious behaviour of a (so far) serious company.

Back