Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Asmus. Thanks for the awesome LOTR/Hobbit figures!

I?m really looking forward to the new Crown Series Gandalf The Grey, but PLEASE... Can you upgrade his outfit a bit?

Most importantly, can you please make the robes from a fabric that hangs and drapes more naturally and looks a little more like the rough-woven costume fabric? Also, maybe make the robes a bit longer?

Secondly, can we get a belt that looks a bit more like the woven belt Gandalf has in the film? The belt we have on the existing figure is nice, but (forgive my bluntness) looks a bit like a shoelace.

Finally, if possible, and not too expensive, would it be possible to get some blue stitching details near the hem of the robes, rather than that satiny strip of fabric? The ?satin stripe? looks nice, but seems a bit of a departure from the design seen on screen.

I think these tweaks would really improve the figure.

Thanks for interacting with collectors on the forum! It is really appreciated!

:goodpost:

Absolutely yes to thebreen's post. A LOTR costume detail nerd after my own heart. Get the details right now so I don't have to fix it later. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I?m really looking forward to the new Crown Series Gandalf The Grey, but PLEASE... Can you upgrade his outfit a bit?

Most importantly, can you please make the robes from a fabric that hangs and drapes more naturally and looks a little more like the rough-woven costume fabric? Also, maybe make the robes a bit longer?

Secondly, can we get a belt that looks a bit more like the woven belt Gandalf has in the film? The belt we have on the existing figure is nice, but (forgive my bluntness) looks a bit like a shoelace.

Finally, if possible, and not too expensive, would it be possible to get some blue stitching details near the hem of the robes, rather than that satiny strip of fabric? The ?satin stripe? looks nice, but seems a bit of a departure from the design seen on screen.

+1

I totally agree.

Maybe we could have just Smaug's head in 1/6. I have the incredible Weta bust, but even at its big size, it's too small for 1/6.
View attachment 464857

A bust of sleeping Smaug surrounded by treasure would be great. In order to be to scale, or close enough to create the proper illusion of it, I think it could be roughly the size of a human head?

A bust of sleeping Smaug surrounded by treasure would be great. In order to be to scale, or close enough to create the proper illusion of it, I think it could be roughly the size of a human head?

to be to scale, or even close - it would have to be much bigger.
if the 1/6 wingspan is nearly 67 feet the head would probably be about the size of a person at least.

I don’t have much interest in any Hobbit figures; I’d rather see them concentrate on the multitude of LOTR figures we haven’t gotten. The Hobbit movies weren’t even half as good as LOTR.

Crown/dlx Aragorn in Helm's deep gear, with his strider accessories to give you the FOTR look.

If they can nail a new Viggo then they are good to go for 3-4 variants.

Maybe Asmus should hunt down the person who did the 1:4 scale sculpt for Molecule 8. I'm sure they'd be eager to make some money off of a project they never had the opportunity to see fulfilled.

Crown/dlx Aragorn in Helm's deep gear, with his strider accessories to give you the FOTR look.

If they can nail a new Viggo then they are good to go for 3-4 variants.

Maybe Asmus should hunt down the person who did the 1:4 scale sculpt for Molecule 8. I'm sure they'd be eager to make some money off of a project they never had the opportunity to see fulfilled.

Could you provide pics of that? Can't find any myself.
Thanks,
m.

Spot on! I agree!

Another figure I'd love to have is the Moria orc. It would be great with two interchangeable sculpts and/or removable helmet, several detachable armor pieces and different weapons. This way you could have two or three of them and make them look different. Just an idea! :) View attachment 464856

This remembers me of my proposal for Asmus to create a line of cheaper figs that you can customize to be several anonymous characters.

Smaug as pointed out is too big even in 1/6..
View attachment 464848

Galadriel and Elrond is already in the works, so right after that, for you Lurtz and Balin seem to be on the top of the list? then it's Ra***ast maybe? what about Azog?
We of course have Gollum in mind but it will take us some time to develop (whole new body and parts. etc.)

Top priority Sauron!!! I want you to beat Weta's and SSC's statues!!!!!!
Mr Asmus you did the Witchking, then the Ringwraith, then the Mouth. You already have a fully developed 1/4 body... Everything is ready for Sauron!

If that can't be, what about finishing pending issues, like rooted Legolas, or your Ringwraith w/ steed v2?

Otherwise, if you want to make a wise move, please include a second costume set with your Elrond, now that you are still working on him. I won't buy Hobbit Elrond, but Council Elrond on his Council chair. I am not the only one, I believe.

Anyways, Mr Asmus, some of us have provided prioritized lists, you just have to look back (not too long) to find them.
Anyways (again), why don't you create a Doodle? Let the people vote!

Thanks,
m.

to be to scale, or even close - it would have to be much bigger.
if the 1/6 wingspan is nearly 67 feet the head would probably be about the size of a person at least.

Yep, I meant a bust (which is the head) of Smaug. :)

thank you for referring us to that and it IS quite impressive. but that particular figure is not licensed, so if we're ever going to attempt something like that, we do have to take into account of licensing costs and it will have to be done in the crown line.

thank you for referring us to that and it IS quite impressive. but that particular figure is not licensed, so if we're ever going to attempt something like that, we do have to take into account of licensing costs and it will have to be done in the crown line.

Well that seems like the exact kind of task for which the Crown Series was invented- but obviously it would only make sense for the most popular, ?safe bet? characters that people are willing to pay such a premium for; someone like Aragorn at The Black Gates for example... Although that would be a lot of work and added cost for something that would mostly lie beneath his tunic.

Real chain mail has been done, look at the COO Model 1/6 crusader knights. Those along with this Witcher being shown by AB are all larger than 1/6 scale (the chain mail). If you take those and scale it up to 1:1, most arrows can go through the holes. For those that want scale accuracy, they won't be happy with it.

Back