Question Regarding Playstation Plus Free Game Library

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have noticed lately that the PS+ free games library has begun to remove games from their list, in favor of adding new games. Now, does that just mean that they are no longer available for new members? If a Playstation Plus member downloaded a game, will it become unusable (well, outside of canceling your PS+ account, of course) when removed from the list? Can you erase the game from your system and re-download these games? Just curious about the rules, as I saw no useful info on PS+ main site about this.

As long as you've previously downloaded the free games before they've expired from the list, you can still re-download them at any time from the download manager in the PSN store. So, don't worry if you need to delete something to free up hard-drive space, or whatever else.

You'll be able to access all of the free games that you downloaded on PS Plus, as long as you keep your subscription. In addition, the free games that you've downloaded will never expire, even if you cancel your subscription and return to PS Plus at a later date.

Last edited:
As long as you've previously downloaded the free games before they've expired from the list, you can still re-download them at any time from the download manager in the PSN store. So, don't worry if you need to delete something to free up hard-drive space, or whatever else.

You'll be able to access all of the free games that you downloaded on PS Plus, as long as you keep your subscription. In addition, the free games that you've downloaded will never expire, even if you cancel your subscription and return to PS Plus at a later date.

Cool. Thanks for the info. My poor lil' 60 gig launch system was getting very full ... but I didn't want to lose some of my games that I have downloaded.

I have gotten into a habit of "purchasing" the free games when they pop up (selecting the buy icon when it lists the game at free) just in case I want to play them in the future. I haven't downloaded all of them, but I am assuming that going through the process of "buying" them connects them to my account, even if I don't completely download them - correct?

Cool. Thanks for the info. My poor lil' 60 gig launch system was getting very full ... but I didn't want to lose some of my games that I have downloaded.

I have gotten into a habit of "purchasing" the free games when they pop up (selecting the buy icon when it lists the game at free) just in case I want to play them in the future. I haven't downloaded all of them, but I am assuming that going through the process of "buying" them connects them to my account, even if I don't completely download them - correct?

Correct. As long as they show up on your transactions list you can still download them even after Sony has removed that PS+ game from the PS store for new ones.

PlayStation Plus subscribers can download Battlefield 3 for free after the store update. Other free PS Plus games set aside for July include Jet Set Radio, Metal Slug XX, Dokuro and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD.

Back