Question: Most Wanted/Rarest LOTR PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglerabbit89

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was wondering at this point in time out of the following three LOTR PFs which would be the most wanted by fans and the rarest?

Aragorn PF
Lurtz PF
Uruk Kai Berserker PF

At this point I would have to say Lurtz PF...the exclusive more so. In fact I wish I could get my hands on one myself. I have the reg version, but I always wanted the ex., but never came across it at the right price (for me at least).

The Uruk-Hai Berserker would be next and the Aragorn seems to be available at quit good prices on ebay even now.

That is how it seems to me anyway...but it's just my opinion.

:duff
Bill

I would say the top 3 is tough...but Frodo is climbing that list quickly. Top 2 is much easier:

1) Lurtz PF (Exclusive the definitive #1)
2) Berserker (Exclusive is a MUST)
3) Frodo (tough to decide on this...could be Aragorn or even Gandalf the Grey...but he is still available)

1) Lurtz EX
2) Berserker EX
3) Aragorn (not so available as one would think, at least here in the EU)

The rarest three are obviously those with the smallest ES's :

1]. Galadriel
2]. Gollum
3]. GTW and Frodo

The most wanted/sought after are [or will be] :

1]. Lurtz
2]. Berserker
3]. Gollum

I still need a Frodo. Got my Lurtz ex from The Ringer. I think Lurtz is the hardest to come by for a good price.

Lurtz is by far the most impressive and difficult to obtain at a good price. I'm really suprised he never reached close to the 1k mark after all this time, but its prolly do to the fact he was only on screen for a matter of minutes.

I wouldn't be shocked if it started trending more towards the 1k mark as excitement for the hobbit builds. It may take a year or so, but I think it will have a good chance of hitting the 1k plateau. Of course a lot will depend on the economy and that may be the reason why it hasn't already.

My order

1a. Berserker ex
1b. Lurtz ex
3. Moria Orc ex (if you weather the cloth)

Lurtz ex is indeed the most difficult to obtain at a reasonable price.The first LOTR PF and imo still the most beautifull executed PF around.
Berserker has a close second place in my books,not the ex but the regular.I like the regular better cause it has a better flow to it,a better continuity.I also like the idea of brute savagery that the monster broke the arrows from its own flesh.

My personal list is:

1. Lurtz Ex
2. Berserker
3. Morgul Lord Ex
4. Moria Orc Ex
5. Gollum
6. GTG Ex
7. Aragorn

I missed out on Lurtz as I wasn't into PF yet when it was released. Lurtz will remain the grail piece that I am still hunting for....

Lurtz is by far the most impressive and difficult to obtain at a good price. I'm really suprised he never reached close to the 1k mark after all this time, but its prolly do to the fact he was only on screen for a matter of minutes.

Man total disconnect. I don't care how much Lurtz is selling for because he is a completely fabricated character from the movies. The actual statue is cool enough but nowhere hear as cool as the Berserker IMO. So is the Lurtz love due to being a named character rather than a generic?:dunno

Man total disconnect. I don't care how much Lurtz is selling for because he is a completely fabricated character from the movies. The actual statue is cool enough but nowhere hear as cool as the Berserker IMO. So is the Lurtz love due to being a named character rather than a generic?:dunno

So, are you saying if they just called it Orthanc Uruk-Hai, that you would be interested in it? IMO, he represents the Uruk-Hai. Doesn't matter if he actually has a name.

Randomly named characters put in movies for marketing is a pet peeve of mine. Jackson is nowhere hear as bad as Lucas of course. I just recall seeing Lurtz for the first time and thinking, who the he// is that? Name or not, I think the berserker kicks Lurtz's rear any day of the week in the coolness factor.

Back