Question about paying with PayPal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz10

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have ordered a statue from some US based online shop, I have asked if they can ship it to Germany and they said they can but I need to approve the shipping quote they gave me. I accepted and ordered it, had to enter my card details during that. Then they've send me a form which states how much the item including shipping will cost me, saying I need to approve it within 2 weeks otherwise the order would be cancelled but it also states that they want me to pay with PayPal. I have asked them to confirm that they want to be paid this way and they said yes. I haven't paid yet though since it will be available from 1st March, so it should be ok if I pay next week. Now I'd like to know if it is safe to pay this way, meaning just transfer the money to the email adress they gave me. In case I wouldn't receive the item would PayPal give me my money back or not? What should I mention when I pay, item name and order number or copy the entire approval form? I want that statue and can't get it anywhere else otherwise I wouldn't bother. Any help appreciated.

I have ordered a statue from some US based online shop, I have asked if they can ship it to Germany and they said they can but I need to approve the shipping quote they gave me. I accepted and ordered it, had to enter my card details during that. Then they've send me a form which states how much the item including shipping will cost me, saying I need to approve it within 2 weeks otherwise the order would be cancelled but it also states that they want me to pay with PayPal. I have asked them to confirm that they want to be paid this way and they said yes. I haven't paid yet though since it will be available from 1st March, so it should be ok if I pay next week. Now I'd like to know if it is safe to pay this way, meaning just transfer the money to the email adress they gave me. In case I wouldn't receive the item would PayPal give me my money back or not? What should I mention when I pay, item name and order number or copy the entire approval form? I want that statue and can't get it anywhere else otherwise I wouldn't bother. Any help appreciated.

Paypal is safe and if the item doesn't arrive, you can file a complaint with paypal and they will usually refund your money.

I would include the item name and order number. Did they send you a paypal invoice? Usually if your invoice has a link to pay with paypal, it will take you to paypal and all necessary info (order number, etc) will already be listed. If not, include it in the comments/subject.

Paypal is safe and if the item doesn't arrive, you can file a complaint with paypal and they will usually refund your money.

I would include the item name and order number. Did they send you a paypal invoice? Usually if your invoice has a link to pay with paypal, it will take you to paypal and all necessary info (order number, etc) will already be listed. If not, include it in the comments/subject.

Not really an invoice, just that form saying they'll ship with USPS International and how much it will cost that I had to accept and send back which I did. No link, just their email adress they want me to use for payment.

What US based online shop is it? Also, if you do pay by PayPal, don't send payment as a gift.

https://www.designtoscano.com/

Ok...then yes, list order number and the item's name in the subject. And as Firebird said - DO NOT PAY as a gift - pay as Goods purchased.

Not really an invoice, just that form saying they'll ship with USPS International and how much it will cost that I had to accept and send back which I did. No link, just their email adress they want me to use for payment.

Also, the basic USPS International services are:

First Class Mail
Priority Mail
Express Mail (EMS)

Ask the seller which one is it. IMO, go for either Priority or Express as they are trackable. Express would be faster. You can also buy insurance with both the options.

Ok...then yes, list order number and the item's name in the subject. And as Firebird said - DO NOT PAY as a gift - pay as Goods purchased.

Ok :)

Also, the basic USPS International services are:

First Class Mail
Priority Mail
Express Mail (EMS)

Ask the seller which one is it. IMO, go for either Priority or Express as they are trackable. Express would be faster. You can also buy insurance with both the options.

Oh, good to know. Gonna ask which one they use.

Usually I pay for my stuff immediately, I'm just a bit hesitant in this case as it's a statue and therefore fragile and will have a long way to Germany. Not wanting to risk any trouble with this.

Another question, I have to convert the money on my account to USD first, right? Is that even possible? Usually it converts Euro automatically to whatever currency I need to pay for stuff but not sure in this case.

Last edited:
Ok :)

Another question, I have to convert the money on my account to USD first, right? Is that even possible? Usually it converts Euro automatically to whatever currency I need to pay stuff but not sure in this case.

You have the option to convert to USD - which I would do.

You have the option to convert to USD - which I would do.

Ok

I have never heard of the store before, but from what I can tell, it looks legit to me. Looks like they have alot of nice stuff too.

I would still ask them plenty of questions that you are concerned with.

It does look legit but I've ordered something a while ago from a shop in the UK that I had never heard of and looked legit too, however I didn't get the item and got a refund from PayPal, I'm careful ever since with orders from shops I don't know.

I'll definitely ask which service they use.

:goodpost::exactly:I 3rd that...do not pay as GIFT, no matter how much they beg:)

also, you said the statue is available March 1st. Just remember you have 45 days from the day you send payment, if something goes wrong, to make a claim. That's one reason i don't like to Pre-Order anything with a PayPal payment because if something isn't going to be released for many months and if you don't get the item within 45 days, PayPal won't refund you after the 45 days. So just make sure once you pay, the item will be shipped and delivered to you before 45 days from the day you pay.

I won't, they want to be paid by PayPal so they have to pay the fee.

Yeah, that's why I wanna pay sometime next week, then they have around 6 weeks to deliver my statue. I'll keep that 45 days limit in mind. I pre-ordered because I didn't want it to sell out before I could grab one and at the time I placed my order I didn't know that they want me to use PayPal. Anyway, hopefully it'll go well.

It does look legit but I've ordered something a while ago from a shop in the UK that I had never heard of and looked legit too, however I didn't get the item and got a refund from PayPal, I'm careful ever since with orders from shops I don't know.

I'll definitely ask which service they use.

That is very understandable. I get a little nervous too when ordering from a place I have not heard of or done business with.

I have never heard of the store before, but from what I can tell, it looks legit to me. Looks like they have alot of nice stuff too.

I would still ask them plenty of questions that you are concerned with.

Yeah really. I want this.

OA3650.jpg

Back