Question about head sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonv808

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you buy a head sculpt does it just snap onto the body, or do you have to fix it on in some other special way?

It depends on the body you're going to use. Hot Toys bodies will come with an adapter for a neckless and necked version. Some bodies come with a neck built into the body (like the muscle bodies) and you would need a "neckless" headsculpt.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was just curious because I see customizers selling just the heads and I was wondering how people complete the figure.

Thanks. I was just curious because I see customizers selling just the heads and I was wondering how people complete the figure.

In most of those cases, the heads are glued onto a TrueType small neck adaptor. Or if it's just a head meant for a body with a sculpted neck, it's pre-drilled so all you have to do is find a TrueType head, yank out the socket part and glue that into the figure's head.

Be careful tho, I have bought heads in the past that need a lot of work to make them fit the desired bodies but there is pretty much always a way. Some of the heads on ebay from China etc can be very hard work. You may have to pack them out, buy extra pieces (neck parts) and in some cases completly drill the heads and clean up the rough bits from the casting. Also some heads will need paint touch ups too.

Try to get a hold of autobotjohn. He's the undisputed master of custom improvisation.

Try to get a hold of autobotjohn. He's the undisputed master of custom improvisation.

Dont... Thats TOO funny!

Those vids on Youtube when he is trying to sell his customs at crazy prices and especially the video when that guy sends him a fake check through the mail for his life size Batman. :slap

Given the newb nature of the question and admission of such nature by the OP, don't you two think the sarcasm would be a little inappropriate given he likely wouldn't see it as such and take it as solid advice? :huh

LOL @ YOU of all people talking about inappropriate sarcasm. C'mon Nam, seriously!? You must be trolling here, right?

Start what? You were being serious there?!?

I was. I am. The nature of the OP's post was such that it didn't really warrant sarcasm. It'd be one thing if the remarks were said in a thread and in boards where AutobotJohn came up regularly. Hell, even moreso if the OP spent time in sections where he's brought up. But that's not the case here.

I was. I am. The nature of the OP's post was such that it didn't really warrant sarcasm. It'd be one thing if the remarks were said in a thread and in boards where AutobotJohn came up regularly. Hell, even moreso if the OP spent time in sections where he's brought up. But that's not the case here.

OK, I don't agree with you here but everyone has their own views and opinion. ABJ is open to be joked about anytime IMO.

Back