Storing sculpts in foam inserts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming the Amazon link you posted is not the page you intended to send?
Yes it is, just to show the different sizes, especially the height of the foam sheets. It's better illustrated there than on the US site when I searched for it.

Yes it is, just to show the different sizes, especially the height of the foam sheets. It's better illustrated there than on the US site when I searched for it.
The content of the link is somehow changing when I view it.
amz.png

Apparently there are some differences between Amazon.com and Amazon.de or the keywords being used...thanks for trying and posting the links, I really appreciate it.

1.png
2.png

Dude that is really weird. Maybe they have it region-blocked? Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 71+DJZ4oM4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71+DJZ4oM4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 71gPltCWiuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71gPltCWiuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 71htFKAhIzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71htFKAhIzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 91YV1R6MTiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91YV1R6MTiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It is weird, also weird is none of the attachments display for some reason, lol. Thanks so much for trying. I think I get the idea of what you wanted to post....

EDIT: Now the attachments display. I think there was some delay between you uploading them and the photos becoming available for some reason....thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 11.44.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 11.44.38 AM.png

Last edited:
I have seen foam deteriorate over time. It's best to have the figures & accessories in plastic bags, then place in foam, otherwise when it does deteriorate, you get tiny crumbs everywhere

I wouldn't trust foam over time either. I've seen it rot down to a sticky goo which would ruin sculpts. When companies pack figures in foam they put plastic over the head to protect it, just as you suggested.

I have seen foam deteriorate over time. It's best to have the figures & accessories in plastic bags, then place in foam, otherwise when it does deteriorate, you get tiny crumbs everywhere
We still have a case with one of those big foam blocks where camera parts were stored in. It's like 25 years old I think and the foam still is like new.

I wouldn't trust foam over time either. I've seen it rot down to a sticky goo which would ruin sculpts. When companies pack figures in foam they put plastic over the head to protect it, just as you suggested.
This is exactly the type of info I was looking for before going down this route. Putting the sculpts in plastic before going into foam seems simple enough....

platic bags can leech glossy coat and react. if you have acid free papers but they arent cheap.

Dude that is really weird. Maybe they have it region-blocked? Here are some pics:
are these designed for minis because there are few that looks alike.

i actually bought those designed for plants. not sure if they are as good as the minis but they definitely not the same type of foam as what toy companies used but from what i hear you cant buy those foams from even online stores.

are these designed for minis because there are few that looks alike.

i actually bought those designed for plants. not sure if they are as good as the minis but they definitely not the same type of foam as what toy companies used but from what i hear you cant buy those foams from even online stores.
Sorry, what exactly do you mean with "minis" in this case?

And when you're saying plants, do you mean floral foam - if that's the right word for it - those bricks you put artificial flowers in? That's a completely different material. Or are we talking past each other here? :huh

Back