Question about dying clothing.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully one can answer this question because I want to dye a shirt too.

I believe if it's cotton you can use color removal and redye it navy blue. I used color remover on some Sideshow Cobra Commander uniforms and dyed them red. Oh the threads will most likely stay the same color

Most synthetic fabric will not release their dye. There are several dye removers on the market. I recommend that if you use the cooktop method you do it outside as the fumes cans be overwhelming. Heating the dye remover seems to help the chemical process in the dye being released. I am currently trying to remove the black from a uniform set to gain a light grey. It is slowly working however it is hit and miss.

try using bleach like clorox to remove colour from the fabric you want to re colour then use fabric dye with the new colour you want. thats what i do when i customise figures

I know about colour remover but I'm just thinking of going straight over the dark grey with navy blue. I'm dying the sideshow part 7 Jason voorhees clothes, to give an idea that I'm after a dirty look. Doesn't matter if it has some grey patches.

Back