Question About Detolf Displays

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with Detolfs is everyone's collections start to all look the same.

There's only one reason to have a Detolf sitting on the floor. If you have ceilings under 6ft tall. Otherwise put the Detolf on top of something else. It works better to display figures and it just works better as a cabinet. If I were responsible for this produc at IKEA or in any position to influence their line, I'd make sure Detolf had a base to sit on. A shelf at the floor is wasted.

The problem with Detolfs is everyone's collections start to all look the same.

Bull***** ;)

8ft ceilings in this room:

12209529106_57a69f7e5e_b.jpg

12209507866_aeef3478ba_b.jpg
13721743763_e3a62520d9_b.jpg

I'm guessing he's referring to displaying figures without diorama's or b/g's, but I lol'd so carry on boys. :lecture

I'm guessing he's referring to displaying figures without diorama's or b/g's, but I lol'd so carry on boys. :lecture

Even so, I see really different and creative setups without dioramas all the time that don't necessarily look the same as each other. Unless by "same" you're going to be really broad and cover all of "figures and shelves." ;)

i have detolfs and i have no problem seeing those on the bottom. i did put led light strips on each shelf but like anything it depends where you are viewing from. if you configure the layout of your room right from your viewing area (i.e. couch) you can see them just fine

Is it alright to stick in an air freshener into the detolf? was wondering if it would cause any kind of chemical reaction with my figures. :pray:

Air Freshener IN a Detolf? Why?

I was doing some housekeeping today and when i stuck my figures back in there was a weird odour coming from jor-el's outfit. Either he farted of I didnt air the detolf long enough after the Mr Sheen once over.

Just air out the cabinet, don't put anything else into it or you may not like what it impregnates into your collection.

Back