Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right, the pics were taken during the Thailand Toy2Show event, on December 11-13.

vyxgNI2.jpg

Looks like it's already out. The sculpted hair variant, at least. Thanks to Tony Tong for letting us know.

5SIYVdk.jpg

uKHQbRL.jpg

thqshdp.jpg

2pNS0W0.jpg

MF7QCnI.jpg

YN2kWbg.jpg

ejQBFpj.jpg

cabuHgJ.jpg

bMGIkhX.jpg

zsiUkbA.jpg

The problem with these things in general, is that some people don’t realise that due to difference focal lengths and a multitude of other variations in equipment, the object in question can look ‘off’ from official images. Heck even among images released by the studio there can be differences, and it doesn’t help matters when there are variations of the ‘same’ object used during the production.

The criticisms may even be correct, but until you get it in hand and compare it directly with the stills there’s no guarantee.

he was shown in different lights from different angles and my verdict is always the same:the Bruce Wayne portrait looks really really good, respect, the Batman cowl sculpt is ok but not great.... not sure what should change when I see it in person except that one always tends to overlook flaws due to excitement. happy for all those who like it but it's not what I wanted it to be and I don't need to get it in hand

Light seems to really help this piece. The Bale sculpt is mind-blowing good...just might display it with that portrait now. Unfortunately the Batman portrait is not where I thought it would be at this point. I am surprised it is out so early!

he was shown in different lights from different angles and my verdict is always the same:the Bruce Wayne portrait looks really really good, respect, the Batman cowl sculpt is ok but not great.... not sure what should change when I see it in person except that one always tends to overlook flaws due to excitement. happy for all those who like it but it's not what I wanted it to be and I don't need to get it in hand

What I’m saying is that different focal lengths can distort photos all the time. Heck I can use two different cameras or even different settings on the same camera and the photo produced can look quite a bit different. Though honestly that may only adjust the width of the object, sometimes making it look skinnier than it actually is (I’ve seen so many photos posted like this on social media and seen the resulting crash of negative comments), but if that’s not the cause of the potential inaccuracy than you could well be right. I personally have never been well versed enough to catch the inaccuracies that many seem to be able to see at a glance.

And I’m sure we’ll soon see someone post images of where this statue is totally inaccurate, with lines, circles and arrows, and history will repeat itself as it always does in these Batman and Joker movie threads. Heck I’ve even read the same comments when items were ‘supposedly’ produced using scans or molds of the original props as something always seems to get lost during the production cycle.

The problem with these things in general, is that some people don?t realise that due to difference focal lengths and a multitude of other variations in equipment, the object in question can look ?off? from official images. Heck even among images released by the studio there can be differences, and it doesn?t help matters when there are variations of the ?same? object used during the production.

The criticisms may even be correct, but until you get it in hand and compare it directly with the stills there?s no guarantee.

This. This and this. This guy's gets it.

No matter how many photos (or even a video), a complete full proof comparison is impossible.

Hence why the element of 'risk' in this hobby, unless your fortunate enough to actually see a production piece live before release, you'd have to go with your gut with whatever images or videos are available.

That said, this does look like an excellent piece, it looks quite accurate, I can see the Bale Batman instantly.

And I?m sure we?ll soon see someone post images of where this statue is totally inaccurate, with lines, circles and arrows, and history will repeat itself as it always does in these Batman and Joker movie threads. Heck I?ve even read the same comments when items were ?supposedly? produced using scans or molds of the original props as something always seems to get lost during the production cycle.

This is pretty much whats happening in the Prime 1 endo thread on both SF forum and sideshow forum (the last 70 pages). I'm pretty sure will also happen with other lines like predator or aliens due to the huge popularity of those characters, especially if the piece was early marked as a 'grail' type statue.

For the Prime 1 endo, collectors have either gone with their gut and stuck with their purchase and for those who did, the good news is just about all were happy with the piece in the end. Or pulled out completely, which is understandable given these aren't cheap purchases, for some it is not worth the risk. Or for whatever other reasons, trapped in a loop of analysis paralysis, an ever continuing phase of pointing out issue after issue, mostly due to, as I suspect, inconsistent photography variables you mentioned.

That aside, I do like this Batman from QS. If I were to buy or given the choice to pick one for free (yes in my dreams), QS would be my first choice, followed by Prime 1, then sideshow.

it is quite noticeable that the "you gotta see it in person first" argument is usually a response to (slight) criticism, not praise. everyone agreed so far that they nailed the Christian Bale portrait but it's too early to say that the Dark Knight head sculpt isn't as good.

anyway, it's a nice representation overall.

Found this on instagram. Not sure if it's from the production piece.

131980193_704512496916442_2337747702194368819_n.jpg

Back