Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. This line is all about an original property, and while one can argue characters like Death and the Grim Reaper, are not "original", they are open to interpretation, and thus easier to implement into Sideshow's intellectual property. Contrarily, Jack the Ripper, is harder to insert because of his real world distinction, regardless of how macabre and beastly Sideshow's interpretation of the infamous killer. I think Sideshow realized that and phased him out.

Also the fact that Jack is an evil character whereas the characters in the CotD line are being presented as anything but evil. They are neither good nor evil.

i love the jack the ripper statue, hes like my favorite from sideshow so far (until xiall) i even have a custom table in my room just for him....lol. id love to get the whole court, but since im not ima just pretend he's part of it with the lady's i get...(xiall, gallevarbe, and cleopsis...i mean really look at his tongue....he must be a good french kisser...) AHAHHAH.....but really...id love a statue of that multi-armed dude from the flesh poster....he's so cool, and ive only seen one other concept of him and hes epic.

Queen's simplicity and uhm, assets may make her stand out more to some, but when the entire collection vid was shown at the con it made her fade into the background for me personally. I did have her PO-ed at first, and I probably would have kept it had I not seen others in the line with LOADS of detail and clear resin and over spray lighting effects and better bases and more flair character wise. Now if you just love a pretty face and body she's good, but when Kier, Death, Cleopsis and Xiall hit....

way more interesting in terms of sculpt, fabrication and paint aps. IMO Cleopsis and Lord Death are the standout pieces from the line. The exalted General is also very cool, but his design has way too much going on and the color palette is muddy.

Queen's simplicity and uhm, assets may make her stand out more to some, but when the entire collection vid was shown at the con it made her fade into the background for me personally. I did have her PO-ed at first, and I probably would have kept it had I not seen others in the line with LOADS of detail and clear resin and over spray lighting effects and better bases and more flair character wise. Now if you just love a pretty face and body she's good, but when Kier, Death, Cleopsis and Xiall hit....

way more interesting in terms of sculpt, fabrication and paint aps. IMO Cleopsis and Lord Death are the standout pieces from the line. The exalted General is also very cool, but his design has way too much going on and the color palette is muddy.

I'm leaning towards passing on her as well. I think she'll be lost in my collection because of her colors and stature. Plus if my wife is going to be mad at me for having a booty statue I'd rather it was Emma Frost :lol

Do those 10% coupons extend indefinitely? I mean, if I buy the Queen and get a code, then use it on another Sideshow original, will I get another 10% code to use on yet another Sideshow original?

I like Queen. I am hoping to get her and Kier only.

I'm just sad I won't get the 10% off discount on the other Court of Dead statue until after she ships which will be who knows when. :(

I like Queen. I am hoping to get her and Kier only.

I'm just sad I won't get the 10% off discount on the other Court of Dead statue until after she ships which will be who knows when. :(

I only want those two as well. I pre-ordered the Queen and was going to wait for the 10% code but didn't want to wait so I used the $25 off I got from the whole faction thing instead.

My 10% off code for her (from the pop-up offer) disappeared from my wallet. Was hoping it would stay there past her release in case she comes out gangbusters and I can't pass.

No in-hand pictures yet? Just saw this posted on Facebook

1919667_10153046187232661_5378519762444789078_n.jpg

Back