Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see someone else who feels the same way. :) I always thought the Queen had one of the least interesting designs of all the COTD characters. I think they could have done a lot more with her.

Best design evah!! :wink1:

8101CBC7-3559-41A5-ACD4-7A6AFE6B6400_zpskb39o6ux.jpg

All kidding aside I have some concern about the packaging . I was hoping they would be using the better quality Styrofoam (grey). That head piece looks awful delicate.

I think the Queen is one of the transitional pieces in this line up when SS still wasn't sure what they were going to do with the line, back in the days when Jack the Ripper was part of the universe. At least to me it seems that many of the more recently introduced characters have a darker and more demonic design to them making QOTD stick out just a little bit.

I think she's going to go great with Kier. I like her statue since it seems elegant/regal, like it's masking something horrific underneath. Then again, I'm not a fan of the grotesque, so that's probably why Kier and the Queen are the only two I plan to pick up so far.

I think the Queen is one of the transitional pieces in this line up when SS still wasn't sure what they were going to do with the line, back in the days when Jack the Ripper was part of the universe. At least to me it seems that many of the more recently introduced characters have a darker and more demonic design to them making QOTD stick out just a little bit.

I wish he was still included in the COTD universe. :monkey2

I think she's going to go great with Kier. I like her statue since it seems elegant/regal, like it's masking something horrific underneath. Then again, I'm not a fan of the grotesque, so that's probably why Kier and the Queen are the only two I plan to pick up so far.

Same, I'll probably be giving away my minions to Skillet :)lol)

Queen's booty is what got me. Don't care what people say. That is beautiful.

Well I for one am glad he's not. He just doesn't fit in with the theme.

I agree. This line is all about an original property, and while one can argue characters like Death and the Grim Reaper, are not "original", they are open to interpretation, and thus easier to implement into Sideshow's intellectual property. Contrarily, Jack the Ripper, is harder to insert because of his real world distinction, regardless of how macabre and beastly Sideshow's interpretation of the infamous killer. I think Sideshow realized that and phased him out.

Did they cancel the Jack the Ripper statue? I remember seeing it on their site some time ago. Definitely wasn't for me. I didn't realize he was supposed to be part of this theme either. Would stick out like a sore thumb.

Jack is one of my favourite PFs, Sideshow did an incredible job with him. I can understand why he isn't part of the COTD line up but I'll certainly be displaying him with Queen, Red Death, etc.

Back