Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so the skin is lighter? /shrug to each of his own, i still think she looks perfect.

just curious what female statue sideshow has made so far you think is good?

To each his own mate, if you like it no problems at all, I pointed out what I don't like in the statue, but if you are not troubled it's perfectly fine and it's great you love the piece, more enjoyment for you (it would be odd if you changed your mind just cause somebody on a forum has a different opinion :) ).
I'm not really into female statues, I don't feel all the excitement many other seem to feel towards a female sculpt. I'd say that Lady Death was a good piece, Shaak Ti too (but she doesn't have 100% human anatomy), Baroness PF's face sculpt and paint was ok, Elvira and Vampirella were good, too.
Queen of the Dead and Sonja jumped to my attention but I'm very on the fence for both, I don't want to purchase a product that's going to be screwed up with bad paint app... I already got a Dead Space Isaac Clarke statue and it was a major letdown, good pose/sculpt/base ruined by childish paint app.

Beautiful art! I love it. Now that's one print I might actually use, instead of going back into the box, lol.

Hi guys, sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a debate about ivy. I used her as a comparison because although most still regard her as a great piece, the general paint ap was missing a few elements that are quite critical for the queen piece. Rogue was just horrendous and a completely misleading campaign where if SS was smart they'd have done something about it.

The QOTD piece requires some quite finite detail. The lines of her tattoos and facial details are very intricate. We've seen tattoo work done before on pieces and there have been times it looks choppy. Even on our beloved talon, you could see where the tattoo lines were cut to make it easy for the painters to follow the lines. That won't work for this piece.

The tones and shading in her skin gives her depth and context. It allows the piece to be more life-like. This is the biggest element I was pointing out that I feel was missing from ivy. She's cold where she should be warm. Although the QOTD statue shouldn't come across as "warm", I think the most critical element of this character is her gracefulness. That will be lacking if her skin fails to capture tone and depth. She'll look faded out.

That being said, the prot looks outstanding. This is truly an awesome piece. If they pull this off I think it will go for big $$$ in the market.

Hi guys, sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a debate about ivy. I used her as a comparison because although most still regard her as a great piece, the general paint ap was missing a few elements that are quite critical for the queen piece. Rogue was just horrendous and a completely misleading campaign where if SS was smart they'd have done something about it.

The QOTD piece requires some quite finite detail. The lines of her tattoos and facial details are very intricate. We've seen tattoo work done before on pieces and there have been times it looks choppy. Even on our beloved talon, you could see where the tattoo lines were cut to make it easy for the painters to follow the lines. That won't work for this piece.

The tones and shading in her skin gives her depth and context. It allows the piece to be more life-like. This is the biggest element I was pointing out that I feel was missing from ivy. She's cold where she should be warm. Although the QOTD statue shouldn't come across as "warm", I think the most critical element of this character is her gracefulness. That will be lacking if her skin fails to capture tone and depth. She'll look faded out.

That being said, the prot looks outstanding. This is truly an awesome piece. If they pull this off I think it will go for big $$$ in the market.

I'm waiting for in-hand pics. Way too many QC disasters lately with Sideshow and that NEVER used to happen. Will be awful if they mess up Catwoman and Wonder Woman PF. I'm not ordering Sonja or anyone until I see them. I passed on Ivy when I saw the paint app. No excuse for this especially for those of us who pay customs and each statue ends up being almost 500 dollars to buy. Sideshow needs to fix the qc issues and get back to the high quality they were once known for.

That is awesome! I really hope its included with the statue
NOT INCLUDED
ART For Sale
10336584934_2e983717ba_c.jpg

Photo by Paul Nicholasi
Thanks Idle Hands Blog for the pix.

The art print sale was from Sideshow Collectibles booth in "Son of Monsterpalooza 2013" held on October 11-13 in Burbank, CA. Pls wait for news feed via Sideshow Collectibles in case they may have pre-order on the web.

Back