Queen Facehugger Life-Size Maquette!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i received my QAFH last thursday and must say i have never had such mixed feelings about a piece. The sculpt itself is AWESOME. The paint to me is AWESOME although it could have been a little more glossy but it's fine The translucent legs, AWESOME. Normally that would be enough to make me happy but QC SUCKS!!! The base is nicely sculpted and painted other than a few spots they missed showing up as tiny white areas in a few crevices. Honestly you have to get real close to see them and they are very small. The Velvet stuff on the bottom of the base is wrinkled and loose. Looks like crap. You don't see it but you also don't see $700 in my wallet anymore so i expect better. As others have said the pole that holds it up is a joke and the thing sits mid air all crooked although it's not the pole that makes it sit crooked it's the casting thats messed up. I made a new pole and was able to get it to sit with 4 legs down and 2 up. Took me 2 hours to cut and bend and rebend and rebend and file and cut the pole down so it looked right. Nerve racking to say the least putting that thing on and off 15+ times. Not something i should have to do after dumping $600 + shipping on it. If i had broken it it would have been my fault for trying to fix their mess up. Lets move to the tail, looks like they all have scoliosis. Mine has it as does everyone i've seen. The socket on the hugger is cast crooked so it doesn't sit in the middle of the hugger and the vertibrae is cocked to the side. If you could line up the vertibrae then the bottom of the tail would be off so it's just a messed up casting, or more likely a poor molding job. All the major issues look to be from a poor molding job. So i am very unhappy about some things but happy about the sculpt itself. The new pole has it sitting better so thats water under the bridge for me now. The tail looks like it's crooked on all of them so returning this one for another is probably not going to get me a better one. So even with all it's fault i'm keeping it. It is impressive....and wonky. Don't know what else to say other than I will not be this forgiving if the $1250 Vader bust is this messed up and they will get it back for a refund and i will cancel my T600 bust and i will be done with SS. Were talking good money for these pieces and i'm not playing this game with my money. I don't think asking for something to be straight and sitting propery is asking too much. SS either knew they were mess up and said OH well or they didn't and sent them out.
DSC01024.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01032-1.jpg

Hey guys I really really love this piece and I wanna make it my second sideshow piece. What do you think is a fair price for this item inclusive of shipping to australia? thanks!

Is this a reissue? I remember one being out years ago, with the same "finger webbing"....or is this new?

Finally my lovely queen came in! Got it for about AUD $765 inclusive of shipping. I got it together with the 25 inch neca balrog and Darth Sidious, each for $119 and $85 respectively

These were how they came in:

DSCF6814.jpg

Had to collect 'em pretty much one by one cause my ringer was not working so had to carry 'em back. Thankfully the post office is only 50 meters away from my doorstep.

I think the balrog is limited to 300 pieces? There's a run number of the box which seems to indicate that, but I doubt that's the case.

Here's the 19 inch darth sidious if anyone's interested. That is just a temp setup, gonna bring back everything to my other home to really showcase 'em.

DSCF6854.jpg

And finally to the beauty:
(Sorry for the lousy pics guys, was just to excited to take pics of it)

DSCF6849.jpg

DSCF6846.jpg

DSCF6851.jpg

Lastly, do you guys think I should return this piece because of this small scuff? Its pretty much the only flaw. The base came perfectly. (Also one more thing, my facehugger moves from left to right on the pole, is this normal? No matter what I do I can't fit it in any deeper though)

DSCF6847.jpg

Looks good man. is that mark on the back of the tail or the front?

This is one of those pieces that's still trying to make me pull the trigger...:gah:

Looks good man. is that mark on the back of the tail or the front?

This is one of those pieces that's still trying to make me pull the trigger...:gah:

Thanks! You should definitely get it now before it gets even harder to get. The mark is on the front. If you look closely in the second last pic you could see where its exactly at. I'm tempted to just keep it since you never know what will come wrong with the next piece. What do ya guys think?

Tough call...

I probably asked in this thread before and I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but what are the dimenisions? if you have time...

Tough call...

I probably asked in this thread before and I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but what are the dimenisions? if you have time...

Sorry dude, don't have a measuring tape. :X
The best I could say is that its really big, in terms of height its taller than my 1:1 iron man bust. Width, probably slightly wider.

Finally my lovely queen came in! Got it for about AUD $765 inclusive of shipping. I got it together with the 25 inch neca balrog and Darth Sidious, each for $119 and $85 respectively

These were how they came in:

DSCF6814.jpg

Had to collect 'em pretty much one by one cause my ringer was not working so had to carry 'em back. Thankfully the post office is only 50 meters away from my doorstep.

I think the balrog is limited to 300 pieces? There's a run number of the box which seems to indicate that, but I doubt that's the case.

Here's the 19 inch darth sidious if anyone's interested. That is just a temp setup, gonna bring back everything to my other home to really showcase 'em.

DSCF6854.jpg

And finally to the beauty:
(Sorry for the lousy pics guys, was just to excited to take pics of it)

DSCF6849.jpg

DSCF6846.jpg

DSCF6851.jpg

Lastly, do you guys think I should return this piece because of this small scuff? Its pretty much the only flaw. The base came perfectly. (Also one more thing, my facehugger moves from left to right on the pole, is this normal? No matter what I do I can't fit it in any deeper though)

DSCF6847.jpg

hey bro. where did you get it from? are u in Oz or in singapore?

the queen should be able to rest properly on the base as far as i know.

In oz. Got it from popcultcha. I had a 15% discount cause I attended the animefest. :D
From what I've read most seem to have theirs not resting on the base. :X

None of these rest on the base. I made my own custom rod to lower it down a bit, looks heaps better now:wink1:

In oz. Got it from popcultcha. I had a 15% discount cause I attended the animefest. :D
From what I've read most seem to have theirs not resting on the base. :X

My bad bro. anyhow, your post on the BD IM made me go get one too :wink1:

you might want to start thinking of how you're going to ship this back when you come back to singapore.

A little at a time might be a good idea otherwise the GST on it will be killer :peace

Tough call...

Roughly it is 67cm high, 58cm deep and 50cm wide. The tail over hangs the base 5 or 6 cm, and the legs are a fraction over aswell.
I didn't get the metal rod in my box and haven't received a replacement. I have made a custom rod so the statue is maybe 3 cm shorter than it would be if on the Sideshow issue rod.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, have been considering purchasing this and your posts have helped

Back