Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Love the pics! Really enjoyed what QMx had on display. It was a pleasure chatting with Nanjin and the other staff. Looking forward to what this company has to offer as far as the TREK Line.

2di23vr.jpg

Yea, looks like a promising line. I order Kirk and Spock and will get McCoy to have the trio - though Scotty will be tempting. After that, if I buy any more I will buy them all. Once you get Sulu you have to get Chekov and Uhura too. Getting 4 or 5 turns into 8 real easy.

I also like what I am seeing in the Wrath of Khan versions they are working on.

My pics don't do these figures justice......

14mbfhf.jpg

Your photos are fine, those are great poses. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I can't say enough about how crazy accurate these figures are. There's an in hand quality pictures don't seem to capture. There's a sturdiness about the bodies. Yet they seem to have a nice range of pose ability. The clothing and accessories are really well made. Though I had the same issues as others did magnet wise. Plus, the likeness's are spot on as far as I'm concerned. Did what I could with the pics:

View attachment 281729

View attachment 281730

Nanjin and Qmx are definitely deserving of any thanks they get. It felt like christmas day today. Thanks guys.

Love the pics!

Really enjoyed what QMx had on display. It was a pleasure chatting with Nanjin and the other staff. Looking forward to what this company has to offer as far as the TREK Line.

334j96g.jpg
2di23vr.jpg
25s36ue.jpg
nvtq4j.jpg

AWSOME figures. Love that the belts are functional. The hands are a little rough, but they easily hold the gear they were meant for (phaser 1&2/tricorder).

My pics don't do these figures justice......

14mbfhf.jpg
2ikxi7a.jpg
2a7ddoh.jpg
e9861h.jpg
o51emu.jpg

These look stunning...great pics:clap

Kirk and Spock "Pre-ordered" and shipped the same day! Fantastic!:clap

Is it just me or nobody seems to be talking about the Star Trek Beyond Kirk we saw at SDCC? I haven't seen a thread about him. He looks more to have been developped for the 2009 movie on which they patched a new Beyond shirt (wrong haircut). He looks nice, but needs a little more work on the sculpt I think.

Any thoughts on that figure?

Is it just me or nobody seems to be talking about the Star Trek Beyond Kirk we saw at SDCC? I haven't seen a thread about him. He looks more to have been developped for the 2009 movie on which they patched a new Beyond shirt (wrong haircut). He looks nice, but needs a little more work on the sculpt I think.

Any thoughts on that figure?

It was on page 2:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-1-6-star-trek-beyond-captain-james-kirk.html
It's still an early prototype, Nanjin had to get it done on short notice, so there will be improvements.

Those are some fantastic pictures TK0083!:clap

Great photos and poses all around. Anyone do a pose using the clipboard and pencil?

Also any idea when the captain's chair will be made available? I currently have Kirk commandeering the Sideshow Emperor's chair.

I think Spock is way too buff. While it's a quality body, the build looks a bit wrong to me. I have ported him to a Ben kenobi body with extenders and I'm happier but unsure if I'll stop here,

I'm so excited....
Arrived last night my office.....

And now in the apartment......

Spock to Enterprise, Spock to Enterprise.
It is not logical - the inside dimensions exceed those of the external dimensions. Fascinating!!

Last edited:

I tried a few poses but I think the Captain looks most at home in his chair :)
28519161711_a45c6849e2_k.jpg

Awesome chair! Who's making (or made) that? or is it custom?

Awesome chair! Who's making (or made) that? or is it custom?

Nanjin did a very small run and the proceeds went to UNICEF. I am pretty sure the QMX chair will be like this but upgraded to include electronics.

Nanjin did a very small run and the proceeds went to UNICEF. I am pretty sure the QMX chair will be like this but upgraded to include electronics.

Yes Nanjin mentioned the QMx version will also have blinking lights and the arm rests should be the correct color.

Yes Nanjin mentioned the QMx version will also have blinking lights and the arm rests should be the correct color.

Cool! good to hear QMx is making one. Any idea of a timeline?

Oh... and perfect video clip kl241 :lol

I apologize if these have already been posted here, but I found these two reviews for Kirk and Spock on Youtube and thought they were great...

Back