Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

They need a one-hand clapping emoticon, amiright?

Seems these are selling pretty quick, aren't they? I might have to prioritize a Spock...

Seems these are selling pretty quick, aren't they? I might have to prioritize a Spock...

For me, they are the figures of the year. They got me to watch the series all over again, on season 2, ep. 20 Return to Tomorrow.

I sure hope they have plans to do Uhura.

So it's just Qmx direct who is shipping now? Have any retailers started shipping?

Had to snap one more pic. Really enjoying these. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

startrekqmx9_zpsb82zzyi7.jpg

Dude, DVD1, do you have a higher resolution version of that I could use as a wallpaper?

WOW! Ordered Kirk and Spock on Thursday from QMX and they arrived TODAY!

Unpacked Kirk and Spock. Over all I am really pleased. This is really good craftsmanship! Here is a quick cell phone pic...
K-S-1701.jpg
Thank you TK0083, I love the pose you had Spock in a few pages back and tried to duplicate the pose.

The sculpts and paint apps look even better in person than the pictures. Theses are the best likenesses I have seen of Kirk and Spock. The bodies and tailoring is outstanding. They did a great job capturing their body types and the uniforms from construction to materials look indescribably accurate. Finally, the accessories are hit out of the park good. I can't see Hot Toys doing much better than what QMx has given us.

I do have two small quality concerns that have to do with the ones I got. First Kirk seems to have some sort of faint but noticeable smudged line under is nose. Not like a mustache, it's a bit higher and goes straight across under his nose rather than contouring with his mouth. I'll try to get a picture of it. I'm tempted to see if it can be cleaned off with a Q-tip, but don't want to damage it.

Second, The black collar on Spock's shirt is way too thin. I think it's just mine because picks of other people's Spock doesn't appear to be so thin. It's definitely a lot thinner than Kirk's collar. It just doesn't look right, and takes away from the accuracy of how the uniform should look.

I am not sure what QMx's customer service is like, but maybe I'll giver them a call and they can help. Other wise, I am so thrilled with these. They are up there with some of my favorite 1/6 figures I have ever owned.

Jaymas, did you try to pull Spock's collar up on his neck? If you move his head around, the collar has a tendency of pulling down and even sucked under his neck joint. I had to make sure to pull the collar up after posing his head.
Great pic btw!

I'm sorry, I don't. I only have my iPhone 6 camera shot.
I don't mind setting up again and trying for a more defined image.

Jaymas, did you try to pull Spock's collar up on his neck? If you move his head around, the collar has a tendency of pulling down and even sucked under his neck joint. I had to make sure to pull the collar up after posing his head.
Great pic btw!

Thanks, yea I did. It's just thinner and the collar doesn't have as much material as Kirk's collar.

Omg you guys pics are awesome!!!! Here is my corny pic until I get some time to get creative.
60903394ef5ddc95e61ace2113d43e88.jpg

One more while Spock his waiting for his captain to arrive.

View attachment 281167

Kirk has arrived.... and he's already causing problems.
View attachment 281356

Spock to Enterprise, Spock to Enterprise.
It is not logical - the inside dimensions exceed those of the external dimensions. Fascinating!!

I know I'm late but I am just home from a week of vacation without much internet.
I just wanted to say that I saw those pictures first on Nanjin's FB page but liking them there will not go back to the original creators, so I am very happy I can tell you all here how much I enjoyed these and hope to see many more. I always love if someone actually has fun and plays with their figures instead of keeping them mint in boxes, and I certainly intend to do the same once I got them! Especially the TARDIS screams for being used in a crossover.

I also love all the praise for them everywhere, it's so exciting to hear they are well received. Must be very pleasing for those involved making them.
I have only one concern / wish to please not bring out all the remaining ones all at once, as we do indeed need to save up first and it would be a shame if the line died prematurely just because we cannot keep up with payments. I certainly am looking forward to whatever they will be throwing at us! The SDCC pictures were very exciting and promising.

Back