Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I wish I could take complete credit for the idea, but another member inspired me just the same! I think he did some custom stands with them. These in total cost me just over $10 at PetSmart in the aquarium aisle! Definitely worth your time to stop and check. There's some really trippy and super "cheesey" alien plants there!
I love how we all inspire each other! I remember the stands but for some reason I did not act on it. But after seeing your picture I did a quick online search and have fallen in love with this one: https://www.ebay.de/itm/1x-Aquarium...144431?hash=item43f16b376f:g:JRwAAOSwiONYQBMq

A friend of mine who does pictures with the 6" scale has some of aquarium greek columns and stuff. Last time I was in a shop I focussed more on these, but these displays can be quite expensive and also are too small for 12" scale so I didn't buy any.

Maybe if you can find some pebbles to put onto your "floor" so that the glass shelf isn't as visible? Or one of those mats that look like grass. I have one that is exactly the size to fit into a Detolf. Sorry for the offtopic figures, once the Star Trek team has grown I'll make sure to let them do a 4th of July barbecue:

Still having fun with these guys.
I've moved the pair into a different cabinet, and found a perfect 'spot' for Kirk.

"Beam me down there."

Nanjin, it's a Hot Wheels one. That's the Battle Damaged edition from when Into Darkness came out but they have a newer one with more paint apps out now for the 50th. Of all places, I see that one in droves at a local Wal-Mart. PM me if you need help getting one, friend! I'd be happy to help you out.

Your display is awesome! I have appreciated these figures from afar but decided against purchasing them...you may have just sold a set to me!

I started putting backdrops in my detolf figure displays. Here's my Star trek one. I found the image on Google and had Snapfish print it. Held in place with small magnets in the corners.

Kirk&SpockQMX_5.jpg

I love how we all inspire each other! I remember the stands but for some reason I did not act on it. But after seeing your picture I did a quick online search and have fallen in love with this one: https://www.ebay.de/itm/1x-Aquarium...144431?hash=item43f16b376f:g:JRwAAOSwiONYQBMq

A friend of mine who does pictures with the 6" scale has some of aquarium greek columns and stuff. Last time I was in a shop I focussed more on these, but these displays can be quite expensive and also are too small for 12" scale so I didn't buy any.

Maybe if you can find some pebbles to put onto your "floor" so that the glass shelf isn't as visible? Or one of those mats that look like grass. I have one that is exactly the size to fit into a Detolf. Sorry for the offtopic figures, once the Star Trek team has grown I'll make sure to let them do a 4th of July barbecue:

Dang that is an awesome one! I love it! Absolutely something I would pick up too, definitely fits that alien world look! Good eye, I'm definitely going to see if I can hunt a similar one down myself.

I don't do ground bases because I like the way light diffuses between the glass shelves and illuminates areas. I've toyed with the idea of doing partial floors, ones that give the idea of ground in places but still retain the clarity of the glass. But I totally get the logic behind doing them, and still want to experiment with them one day. I always like the causal pictures of the Doctors like that!

Your display is awesome! I have appreciated these figures from afar but decided against purchasing them...you may have just sold a set to me!

Thank you very much! I definitely can recommend them. I didn't grow up with TOS, but oddly enough both my parents (one in Germany, the other in the US) both LOVED it. So I sort of always was exposed to it. The new films made me go back and enjoy the show, and these figures completely capture the magic of it. As with the aquarium plants, or outdoor photography, you can see there's a lot of creativity in these left up to the owner. You cannot go wrong with these, they're well made and just -fun-. That's not a word I use to describe high end stuff often, but these really are just that. Easily up there in my top 3 of the 2016.

I started putting backdrops in my detolf figure displays. Here's my Star trek one. I found the image on Google and had Snapfish print it. Held in place with small magnets in the corners.

View attachment 315255

Wow, absolutely love that backdrop! Never tried Snapfish before. Can I ask how much it cost to have printed?

View attachment 315255

WOAH! That looks GREAT! I wish I had room to do something like this. But at 85 figures (with more on the way) and only 4 Detolfs, things are kind cramped around here.

About $8. Snapfish usually charges $15.99 for a 16x20 print, but they frequently have 50-60% off coupons. Check the coupon sites for what code is currently available.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

WOAH! That looks GREAT! I wish I had room to do something like this. But at 85 figures (with more on the way) and only 4 Detolfs, things are kind cramped around here.

Wow, 85. I've got around 50 figures by this point, and that already seems like a crazy huge amount!

Back