Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

it's not!! they mention trek and firefly in their text below the pictures. the modern western is something new.

The text describes the pictures and the only "fan favorite modern western" i know is Firefly :dunno

If the license isn't firefly then the modern western isn't pictured at all. Simple as that.

jayne1.jpg

jayne2.jpg

Maybe they got a Deadwood license, but think it's more likely, given that Jayne is clearly being teased, that "new license" is being used in a rather over broad manner.

They may have flubbed up the sneak peek. :dunno

Gee, I didn't realise his title was that impressive. Will have to start lobbying him to pick up the Lone Ranger license from HT! ;)

No where in the post did it say the photos were tied directly to the new licenses.

I can't see how anyone could think that Firefly is a modern western, especially since it's not a new license.
Off the top of my head I can only think of:
Deadwood
Justified
Longmire
Hell on Wheels
Wynonna Earp

Not many are fans of Wynonna so that's out. Longmire and Hell on Wheels have their fans but I don't think many want figures from them.
So that just leaves Deadwood and Justified. The Deadwood TV movie has been revived and is currently in the scripting stage so that makes it a strong contender.

I'd reckon it will be Justified. There's some interesting figures that can come from that show.

Firefly is a futuristic western and even without Dave's confirmation it was obvious from the text it wasn't one of the "NEW" licenses as it was mentioned by name with Star Trek as an EXISTING license.

Hell on Wheels takes place in the 1800's - not "modern" Same for Deadwood. If they meant a modern production then all bets are off, but it's totally and completely the wrong way to use the english language to describe the tease. Just saying.

The images have been identified as accurately as they're ever going to be and it seems like the first two are a match for "new licenses" - the second two for the existing. That leaves the "modern western" up for complete pie in the sky guessing.

Justified and Hell on Wheels are both on my long term "WANTED" 1/6 list and two figures from each will satisfy my collection (Raylan + Boyd & Bohannan + Ferguson respectively)

Last edited:

With SDCC only a couple days away I would like to encourage everyone to focus on the main title of this thread...QMx Star Trek! :bouncin

This being said, there are a couple things we can look forward to this week including the first pictures of the next Star Trek releases!

For those of us that ordered the first releases directly from QMx, shipping notices should be coming pretty soon as well. :)

With SDCC only a couple days away I would like to encourage everyone to focus on the main title of this thread...QMx Star Trek! :bouncin

This being said, there are a couple things we can look forward to this week including the first pictures of the next Star Trek releases!

For those of us that ordered the first releases directly from QMx, shipping notices should be coming pretty soon as well. :)

I agree entirely.

Back