Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Firefly is a futuristic western and even without Dave's confirmation it was obvious from the text it wasn't one of the "NEW" licenses as it was mentioned by name with Star Trek as an EXISTING license.

Hell on Wheels takes place in the 1800's - not "modern" Same for Deadwood. If they meant a modern production then all bets are off, but it's totally and completely the wrong way to use the english language to describe the tease. Just saying.

The images have been identified as accurately as they're ever going to be and it seems like the first two are a match for "new licenses" - the second two for the existing. That leaves the "modern western" up for complete pie in the sky guessing.

Justified and Hell on Wheels are both on my long term "WANTED" 1/6 list and two figures from each will satisfy my collection (Raylan + Boyd & Bohannan + Ferguson respectively)

Yeah I was seeing "modern western TV show" as a western themed show made in more recent years as opposed to purely a western that's set in today's world.
That would make Justified an Longmire more likely. I also didn't think of Preacher as a candidate since I don't see the comic as western themed, but the TV show gives a stronger impression than the comic as a western (even without the Duke) so it's also a contender. I still think it's Justified.

Hmmm...the Dark Tower?
The clue said "a fan favorite modern western TV show." so I'd say the movie isn't in consideration.

With SDCC only a couple days away I would like to encourage everyone to focus on the main title of this thread...QMx Star Trek!
Once the new figures are shown and new threads are made for the other licenses and when the Kirk and Spock figures show up I'm sure the thread will switch over to exclusively ST talk.

I'm really looking forward to Supernatural figures. I'd love for the Dean to have a voice chip in the base that says "Son of a *****!"

I'd actually really like a Longmire figure. I think he's got a pretty badass look. Unfortunately I really can't see there being enough interest in that kind of thing.

How many people out of the 10 to 20 that watched Longmire are into 1/6? :)

Likewise, I think even a Lone Ranger would sell better than Justified, Deadwood or Hell on Wheels.

Walker, on the other hand...

For those of us that ordered the first releases directly from QMx, shipping notices should be coming pretty soon as well. :)

I can't wait! All that's left for me is McCoy and a captains chair. Then I'm spent. lol

I can't wait! All that's left for me is McCoy and a captains chair. Then I'm spent. lol

--

So you just need the TOS "Trinity" of Kirk, Spock, & McCoy along with the captain's chair and that's it?

No need for Scotty, Sulu, Uhura, and Chekov along with the bridge set or other incidental/minor characters like Lt. Leslie, Nurse Chapel, or Yeoman Rand? No assortment of 1:6 male "red shirts"? No other characters female or male characters in different color Starfleet uniforms?

No aliens like the Klingons and Romulans?

No 1:6 Nomad or even a bunch of 1:6 Tribbles or a 1:6 Horta (from episode The Devil in the Dark)?

If they never got past the trinity of Kirk, Spock and McCoy I could live with that, but Scotty, Sulu, Uhura and Chekov would all be pretty hard to resist if they did decide to go deep with the line. For me I think the worst would be if we only got a couple of the remaining main crew members, then it would always feel a bit incomplete to me, I suspect. See how things go, I guess.

I suspect that like many of us, once you have the above in hand you would want more. :wink1:

--

So you just need the TOS "Trinity" of Kirk, Spock, & McCoy along with the captain's chair and that's it?

No need for Scotty, Sulu, Uhura, and Chekov along with the bridge set or other incidental/minor characters like Lt. Leslie, Nurse Chapel, or Yeoman Rand? No assortment of 1:6 male "red shirts"? No other characters female or male characters in different color Starfleet uniforms?

No 1:6 Nomad or even a bunch of 1:6 Tribbles or a 1:6 Horta (from episode The Devil in the Dark)?

I'm assuming that most of what you have mentioned will come to pass. Once we're well into the series, many of the lesser characters will have to come in the form of customs. I would love to have a nurse Chapel and Yeoman Rand down the line.

If any series begs a company to release accessory sets it's the Star Trek franchise. QMx should consider releasing simple outfit sets and separate head sculpts without any fancy packaging to help trim costs. I know I would buy many uniforms to create various characters.

I'm assuming that most of what you have mentioned will come to pass. Once we're well into the series, many of the lesser characters will have to come in the form of customs. I would love to have a nurse Chapel and Yeoman Rand down the line.

If any series begs a company to release accessory sets it's the Star Trek franchise. QMx should consider releasing simple outfit sets and separate head sculpts without any fancy packaging to help trim costs. I know I would buy many uniforms to create various characters.

--

I don't collect/own any 1:6 offerings from QMx . . . yet.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to their 1:6 offerings, but the price is a bit intimidating for obvious reasons.

I concur with your idea about producing and releasing uniform sets with accessories, but I honestly don't know if QMx will go that route.

In the same token one has to wonder if over time we'll eventually see 1:6 "custom clone" offerings? We've seen so many 1:6 products from others being copied over the years that is it inevitable.

Sure. The IP holders can go after them with a cease & desist, but the source of origin for such products is China and we all know about the futility of IP protection in China more or less.

I hope the line succeeds for QMx and future offerings mentioned comes to fruition.

I collect primarily 1:6 female figures and would gladly add 1:6 female characters from ST: TOS to my collection.

European fans... do you know of any EU based shop is offering these figures for sale or preorder?

--

Nope. Mostly due to shelf space and money. I know my limitations and I can boldly go only so far.

Touche.

Nope. Mostly due to shelf space and money. I know my limitations and I can boldly go only so far.

I'm with you. Can't get excited about getting the supporting cast. Just the holy trinity of Kirk, Spock and McCoy for me as well. The ONLY way I'd consider getting the bridge crew would be if they made a 1:6 bridge playset/environment.

Im out for the bridge crew on TOS as well. The characters were never really developed on tthe show or really integral to most plots.

Yeah even if I had the space and money, I probably wouldn't bother with supporting characters like Sulu, Uhura, Geordi, Troi etc.

The only crew I might consider getting a complete set of is DS9's, since those characters were all really complex and much better developed than in any other series. But I highly doubt we'll even see much made for that show.

Back