Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Aren't the Moebius figures 1/12?

Just looked those up. For 6.5" figures they're really well done.

Went ahead and ordered the QMx figures from BBTS. After reading this thread start to finish the shirt colors bug me a little but there's not going to be a better opportunity for quality sixth scale trek.

Last edited:

No you didn't. The QMx prototypes weren't at Wondercon. You may have seen the Moebius ones - they were there.

Yeah, I guess you are right... these are the ones at Wondercon. Didn't realize two companies had the rights after years without any.

2015 San Diego Comic Con Moebius Models Star Trek The Original Series Captain Kirk and Spock pos.JPG

1/6 isn't always 12"... depends on the human. but those heads! they're more like 1/5th! sheeesh!!!

They're 1/6.

If they were 1/6 (or another specific scale), they'd probably have been labeled 1/6 (or the specific scale). Dave mentioned in the original thread last summer that they're about 11" - it's not mentioned in the thread why on earth they'd be going with a non-scale release. They showed a better looking Kirk head sculpt back in 2013 when they were labeling it "1/6"

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...bius-models-1-6-star-trek-tos-kirk-spock.html

In any case, something's been delaying their release - did anyone catch any new dates posted/given this past weekend?

Huh. I was thinking the only reason to pick these guys up would be to use the uniforms if you really don't like the color of QMX's. But at an 11" scale, that seems like a waste. What were they thinking, making them an odd small size? The 1/6 scale community is really large. Unless they're trying to cater to people who used to buy Medicoms :lol .

EDIT: Looks like the same Kirk sculpt to me?

I know QMX went through a CRAZY amount of revisions on their Kirk head. I know I've seen 5 or 6 variations of it myself. Shatner's tough to get right.

Ah, I forgot that one. No, the link you posted showed ones that looked the same as the one at Wondercon. In fact, they are the pics from Wondercon lol. My bad for not investigating further.

I think QMX's blows them out of the water.

As I understood it, Moebius does indeed have the 1/6 license, and QMX had to get some sort of special licensing to get theirs done...but then, I wasn't privy to any of those conversations and am only piecing it together from various reports.

Okay, I must have confused these with the Mezco figures I saw online. They were six and half inches and already had youtube reviews.

Yeah, Mezco released a bare-bones version of their Spock as a NYCC giveaway, if I recall. Honestly, those smaller ones look great, I just don't think the sculpts are quite up to snuff.

Last edited:

I didn't realize I grabbed this one sheet until I went through all my stuff last night. They are definitely considering the Moebius 12"/1:6th

20160330_085946.jpg

I really like the packaging and the stand. But man, that Kirk HS in that one sheet looks nothing like the displayed figure.

I really like the packaging and the stand. But man, that Kirk HS in that one sheet looks nothing like the displayed figure.

Yeah, that is the truth. My friends that were with me at the con don't collect 1/6th but have seen my collection, they both were immediately bothered by the bobble head nature and the sculpt. The body in person just looks undersized compared to the head.

I definitely will pass on the Moebius ones but interested to see how the Quantum ones turn out. I have been rewatching the original series on Netflix and loving it. I forgot so many episodes over the years.

The transporter pad base is an awesome option. I noticed the QMx Spock has a base but not Kirk. Makes me wonder why.

Back