Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

The Good the Bad and the Robots gets my vote for UK distribution.

I would buy the entire crew from TNG and DS9. For voyager, only janeway and 7/9. For TOS only Spock, Kirk, and McCoy. I always felt the others were never really developed like they did on the later series.

A kirk's captain chair would be nice. I would also buy khan and alt universe Kirk and Spock. But that's about it for TOS. No monsters.

Maybe TNG crew in their dress uniforms.

What's shipping to Canada like?

Like shipping to anywhere else, only it goes to Canada. :p

Sorry.

Actually laughed. The sarcasm is about right for this forum, but the "Sorry" made it funny. :duff

I would buy the entire crew from TNG and DS9. For voyager, only janeway and 7/9. For TOS only Spock, Kirk, and McCoy. I always felt the others were never really developed like they did on the later series.

A kirk's captain chair would be nice. I would also buy khan and alt universe Kirk and Spock. But that's about it for TOS. No monsters.

Maybe TNG crew in their dress uniforms.

Yeah but the problem is there are few like you who would be able to afford the entire crews. Which is why I expect them to focus more on the key characters from each show that customers will most want to own (Kirk and Spock, Picard and Data, Sisko and Kira, etc).

At least it seems like the much smarter approach to me.

Perfectly understandable. And i agree it's the smarter approach. Plus my deal was more of a wish list. If they all came out at once i couldnt get them all.

USPS offers very reasonable tracked package service with delivery confirmation to the UK and Australia along with a modest discount when using online shipping tools. They also offer insurance or optionally it can be bought from a third party provider like Endicia or Stamps.com. If you have an agreement with USPS for volume, discounts are even greater. To avoid customs delays and seizures, make sure all customs forms and invoices are filled out correctly and include all the information the destination country requires - and don't ship prohibited goods. Some countries have requirements that others don't, for example Brazil requires the postage amount appear on the shipping label, Germany requires invoices be attached on the outside of the package, etc. This isn't rocket science.

And if the stuff is all being manufactured, assembled and packed in China, hire a fulfillment services company/forwarder to handle shipping from Hong Kong (for example) for some destinations.

Last edited:

We're already discussing the exclusive resale possibilities with some of our existing International resellers, but if you guys have people you really like doing business with, please let us know! You can send your suggestions to [email protected]. We really appreciate the customer feedback!

(BTW, Aaron, we got your note and it's already been passed on to sales. You'll be hearing form us very soon!)

As for questions on plans – we learned the hard way not to discuss our product development plans until we're at least 100% through development, have studio approval and are at the factory. We hated that people had to wait so long for Mal because of unanticipated pot holes in the road.

Having said that, I will tell you QMx has aggressive plans for 1:6 scale products, not just in Trek, but some other awesome properties we feel have been under-served.

:wink1:

Thanks, got in contact promptly hopefully we can sort something to get these figures over here :)

Time to move stateside, everyone. Sure your spouses will understand

Crazy thing is, I actually am! My lady has got a job starting in August. I'll be following some time after. Once the stooopid blinkin' visa is sorted again.

But, I think Trek will be released before then :gah:

Crazy thing is, I actually am! My lady has got a job starting in August. I'll be following some time after. Once the stooopid blinkin' visa is sorted again.

But, I think Trek will be released before then :gah:

Good luck over here. Some States are nicer than others....

Yeah but the problem is there are few like you who would be able to afford the entire crews. Which is why I expect them to focus more on the key characters from each show that customers will most want to own (Kirk and Spock, Picard and Data, Sisko and Kira, etc).

At least it seems like the much smarter approach to me.

Is this really the general opinion? I highly doubt. To be honest I believe every character of the original series has a higher demand than any ither character from whatever sequel. I dont see a Picard or anyone else from any sequel to be done before the original crew is more or less completed. Especially with the 50th anniversary around the corner. TOS has simply a hype at the moment, so I rather see a movie variant before any sequel character.
Summed up, I expect them to fully focus on TOS for now and that is a good thing btw.

Could be, but even as a huge TOS fan I think I'd still rather have a Picard, Data, or Sisko on my shelf than a Chekov or Sulu (especially with the limited space I have now). But who knows, I could be in the minority on that.

I hate anything that's not TOS. Everything after that is a hack. Just my opinion anyway.

I hate anything that's not TOS. Everything after that is a hack. Just my opinion anyway.

Haha. I don't know if I personally would go that far, but pretty close.
I always thought NG was sort of boring, like a British drama... everyone just standing around talking. At least Kirk kicked the crap out of bad guys or bedded down some Alien hottie of the week.
DS9 was just a cheap rip-off of Babylon 5 (which had been shopped around to all the studios for years before it got made, and then what a coincidence, a similar-themed ST spinoff comes out at the same time. Mmmm).
The only saving grace for Voyager was the Doctor and Seven of Nine.
And by Enterprise... well, they really had run the franchise into the ground. My guess, fanboys jacking it to the smoking hot Vulcan chick was the only reason that show lasted as long as it did.

Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Not shared by Gene Roddenberry. He thought TNG was closer to his original vision and wanted TOS retconned out of existence!

I put TNG above TOS but below most of the Trek movies.

And by Enterprise... well, they really had run the franchise into the ground. My guess, fanboys jacking it to the smoking hot Vulcan chick was the only reason that show lasted as long as it did.

Probably. It was supposed to open up the franchise to a young, hip, non-Trekker audience. They even dropped "Star Trek" from the title at first.

Not shared by Gene Roddenberry. He thought TNG was closer to his original vision and wanted TOS retconned out of existence!

I put TNG above TOS but below most of the Trek movies.

Probably. It was supposed to open up the franchise to a young, hip, non-Trekker audience. They even dropped "Star Trek" from the title at first.

Roddenberry usually leaned towards more cerebral and less action oriented stories ( i.e. boring utopian crap). He hated the idea of Wrath of Khan as a classic example and seemed to be out of step with what fans wanted, much like George Lucas.
TNG was a snooze fest until the Borg came along.

Back