Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Yeah, these creators make the mistake of wanting to be artists rather than fan servants!

Still, it's nice to have "the best of both worlds". The prequels were the SW movies we had to have.

Last edited:
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

I hate anything that's not TOS. Everything after that is a hack. Just my opinion anyway.

We may be in the minority, but that is how I feel as well.

Haha. I don't know if I personally would go that far, but pretty close.
I always thought NG was sort of boring, like a British drama... everyone just standing around talking. At least Kirk kicked the crap out of bad guys or bedded down some Alien hottie of the week.
DS9 was just a cheap rip-off of Babylon 5 (which had been shopped around to all the studios for years before it got made, and then what a coincidence, a similar-themed ST spinoff comes out at the same time. Mmmm).
The only saving grace for Voyager was the Doctor and Seven of Nine.
And by Enterprise... well, they really had run the franchise into the ground. My guess, fanboys jacking it to the smoking hot Vulcan chick was the only reason that show lasted as long as it did.

I loved TNG at the time, but I have to admit it hasn't held up very well and feels awfully formulaic now (except for a handful of excellent episodes of course).

I definitely don't agree about DS9 though. Whether it ripped off B5's premise or not, I still found DS9's characters to be about a thousand times more dynamic and fun to watch. And it was also thankfully a lot less preachy and full of itself.

I'll take Data, Worf, Odo, Kira, Dax, O'Brien, Janeway, Picard, 7 of 9, Locutus, Riker all over Sulu and Chekov. Every time.

I like all Treks, even Spot [emoji16] or that Beagle Porthos on NX-01. But my favorite among all is Mirror Spock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like all of them also. I have been rewatching DS9 the last few weeks and really enjoying it.

I loved TNG at the time, but I have to admit it hasn't held up very well and feels awfully formulaic now (except for a handful of excellent episodes of course).

I definitely don't agree about DS9 though. Whether it ripped off B5's premise or not, I still found DS9's characters to be about a thousand times more dynamic and fun to watch. And it was also thankfully a lot less preachy and full of itself.

I love DS9 better than all the other Treks by miles. The characters were far more three-dimensional, and had to make imperfect choices rather than just self-righteous posturing. I'm slowly moving ahead on my customs.

I love Babylon 5 too and think the plagiarism claim was ridiculously overblown. The stories are just fundamentally different. I had watched them both and never even considered them to be particularly alike before I heard DS9 denounced. I just think it upsets some people that the outlier Trek show is the best one by far.

I loved both Deep Space 9 (my favourite Trek show after the original series) and Babylon 5 (probably my favourite sci-fi series of the 90's).

However, that being said I always found it rather amusing to hear all the claims of DS9 ripping off B5, given just how much of Babylon 5 was blatantly ripped off from Tolkien, and redressed in sci-fi clothing. now, I didn't have a particular problem with that, either, but the truth remains that B5 owes far more to Tolkien than DS9 actually owes to B5, when you actually look at what ended up on screen.

I love DS9 better than all the other Treks by miles. The characters were far more three-dimensional, and had to make imperfect choices rather than just self-righteous posturing. I'm slowly moving ahead on my customs.

I love Babylon 5 too and think the plagiarism claim was ridiculously overblown. The stories are just fundamentally different. I had watched them both and never even considered them to be particularly alike before I heard DS9 denounced. I just think it upsets some people that the outlier Trek show is the best one by far.

:goodpost:

Up for preorder at BBTS. $159.99 each.

Preordered mine . They look fantastic .

At this point we believe the best solution is to establish exclusive-authorized resellers in each key international market, who will be able to sell the Exclusive Editions with local shipping rates. We wanted to do that for the Mal figure, but the combination of Firefly not being a known franchise and that he was our first 1:6 scale piece made it very hard to get traction overseas.

Andy, you should contact Big Chief Studios in the UK. They make their own Doctor Who line and have recently partnered with Star Ace / X-Plus and then Hot Toys. So they are already aggressively open to distributing for other companies in other countries.

Planning to order directly from QMx. Really hope this line finally gives 1:6 Trek the traction it deserves and not another 2 or 3 figures and done. Sure, it might not end up being as prolific as Star Wars, but could easily see the bridge crews from TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY; species like Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Andorians, Jem Hadar and Vorta; and a few iconic aliens like the Gorn, Salt Monster, and Borg Queen.

That price will change. BBTS doesn't have any price information and are just guessing.

If the price doesn't go down before the product's available I'll let them know you said it would. ;) Because they'd have to be off their asses and new to retailing to raise them after ordering goes live.

So is Qmx doing the exclusive?

Just pre-ordered both on BBTS. I hope the price holds at $159.99. That would be a great price on these figures.

It shows a list price of $179.99 which was the projected price for the figures so maybe BBTS got a big enough allotment to sell the figures at a discount.

Does anyone know if BBTS has ever increased the price on a pre-ordered item?

Back