Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

This is getting very confusing. Who is this being made available from? I have been in contact with nanjin on Facebook and thought thee were through him. Then I hear QMX, then I hear retailers, etc. Shouldn't be this hard to disseminate this information.

Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

This is getting very confusing. Who is this being made available from? I have been in contact with nanjin on Facebook and thought thee were through him. Then I hear QMX, then I hear retailers, etc. Shouldn't be this hard to disseminate this information.

How about this: I develop them, and QMx releases them. In order words, QMx owns this development now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that's great, nanjin has been pretty much a one man crusade for years now on giving Trek attention in this corner of the hobby (1/6 scale collectibles) and has been on his own, sourcing, reworking and organizing the development, production and distribution (by himself) of these figures. He's a die hard fan with more knowledge than anyone you could find and has pitted quality above everything else meaning that getting figures out has often made pennies if not lost money in every figure he's gotten made out of pure love for Trek.

Now he's succeeded in getting distribution and production help and seen his efforts get licensed wide releases... Success story if you ask me, not only for him, But for the collectors who deserve good trek in their collection.

If the figures end up looking as good as those prototypes i don't think we could ever hope to see better Trek figures if you asked me. I hope McCoy is not too far behind along with some more TNG characters.

Holy Mother Of God.

Are you freaking kidding me?

What the --

Son of a --

Well I --

Okay.

All right then.

It's all in this thread. . .

Nanjin = Developer.

QMx = Manufacturer - license permissions and have taken Nanjin on for 1/6 Trek products (at least, I would've thought - he's a Trek expert).

Buy from QMx direct and get exclusive/DX items.

Buy from retailers and get standard versions (usually, although I hope that changes).

It will first appear on QMx's website when preorders are ready in the next month or two (according to info in this thread).

Retailer preorders will usually follow shortly after that.

Word is Q3 release (picture on first page).

It's all in this thread. . .

Nanjin = Developer.

QMx = Manufacturer - license permissions and have taken Nanjin on for 1/6 Trek products (at least, I would've thought - he's a Trek expert).

Buy from QMx direct and get exclusive/DX items.

Buy from retailers and get standard versions (usually, although I hope that changes).

It will first appear on QMx's website when preorders are ready in the next month or two (according to info in this thread).

Retailer preorders will usually follow shortly after that.

Word is Q3 release (picture on first page).
Thank you, that is the information I was looking for.

What country is QMX located?

Thank you, that is the information I was looking for.

What country is QMX located?

USA. Los Angeles. HERE's their site.

Which is why us EU + UK people are suffering with them - they're shipping rates are impossible. Which also means we have to buy just standard versions from local retailers like Forbidden Planet etc.

Last edited:

Wait, so Nanjin in a one man (I presume) devlopment team? Holy Vulcan Ears, batman!!!

I can't wait to PO these badboys, but I'd be lying if I said waiting was easy. Just ask Shat:

shat 1.jpgshat 2.jpg

This is me when I get them home and opened:

Balok_laughing.jpg

That's laughter in a good way (to be clear)

Ok, gotta ask this group: did they ever do a Clint Howard figure...........................in 1:6 scale. Ninjin: please make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Shats "O" face
image.jpeg

These two look incredible!
I hope QMX can deliver products that look as good.
I created an account with QMX last week and I'll buy the main crew including Nurse Chapel, Yeoman Rand, Kahn, Kang, Koloth, and Kor.
Also, if we do get the Klingon trio from TOS, QMX has to follow them up with their DS9 looks, that would make one hell of a display!

Gorn in 1:6 would rock!
Forgot the Gorn! :slap
I'll only buy him if they go with a sculpted hard plastic body with visible joints and not a rubber suit. Nightmares of the disintegrating HT Alien figures haunt me!

Forgot the Gorn! :slap
I'll only buy him if they go with a sculpted hard plastic body with visible joints and not a rubber suit. Nightmares of the disintegrating HT Alien figures haunt me!

Yeah, Gorn would be pretty hard unless they just sculpted the body as one big action figure.

But, if I had to choose just one bad guy, it would be Salt Vampire. JK, I would actually be KHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!

I still have all my Art Asylum TOS figures - for the scale, it was a great great line. Got them all

Last edited:

Don't say that, Dave!

I REALLY wanted the exclusive Mal, but because of QMX messing up the shipping, I'll have to make do, and pay more, for the standard version. . .:gah:
I am wondering, what exactly went wrong? Can you say? If people are willing to pay the high shipping to get any extras, they should be allowed to?
Although I may skip on it if it is as bad as everyone says and use an UK seller instead.

Will we know of other retailers before ordering starts with QMX? Or do we have to worry about them selling out in record time? Do I have to order within the hour, day, week? I only have bought from Big Chief so far, so I have no idea how it works with others. Many thanks!

I am wondering, what exactly went wrong? Can you say? If people are willing to pay the high shipping to get any extras, they should be allowed to?
Although I may skip on it if it is as bad as everyone says and use an UK seller instead.

Will we know of other retailers before ordering starts with QMX? Or do we have to worry about them selling out in record time? Do I have to order within the hour, day, week? I only have bought from Big Chief so far, so I have no idea how it works with others. Many thanks!

Messing up shipping - as in they quote HUGE amounts and aren't prepared to sort it out and find other shipping companies like Sideshow = $30.

Like I said - By not being able to order direct from QMx, they're not allowing us to show our support, buy exclusives, or order the moment they are released like our American cousins can.

UK and EU retailers will hopefully preorder and secure quantities, but you'll still have to get in fast. Well, that's what happened with Mal anyway. He's here next week and I'm buying him. Albeit the standard version that I didn't want as much. I'm VERY dissapointed, but can't miss out on a figure I've been watching QMx for years to get.

I'm not sure if they just keep manufacturing the figures to meet demand (because Exclusive Mal has not sold out yet) or if they do limited runs. So, with Trek, we'll have to secure spots somehow and not take the risk. With QMx not catering for UK/EU customers, I'm not sure that will even be possible. Not 100% anyway. If they delete Facebook posts like here, and not explain, then they seem not to want to do anything about it/care.

It's very disappointing that they are not even willing to discuss it, never mind address the situation.

Maybe it's from past bad experience. Ive seen a bunch of times on this forum about ppl who dont ship internationally, including myself. The ridiculous charge is clearly a deterrent to international buyers.

I hate "exclusives" anyway so I'm fine with buyin' from a retailer.

Back