Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

^
Great thinking on the custom figures with different pants and boots.

Here's the results of my Frankenstein test.
The Barbie uniform is small and tight. I used the Petter Potts upper torso and the Ada Wong seamless legs on the bashed figure below. I doubt that the red underwear will fit on the more rigid Hot Toys body. (The Phicen bodies are more squishy.)

Oh and work in progress in the background.

IMG_1265.JPG
IMG_1266.JPG

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

^
Great thinking on the custom figures with different pants and boots.

View attachment 327642

You managed to build complete medics there (and the Barbie outfit worked out really well too).

At the moment I can only make another figure out of the McCoy Ex that works above the knees.

33063090822_8027d37aac_o.jpg

I put the trousers on back to front to conceal the fly.

A quick snap of the big three:

32405033063_be8f9d3f98_o.jpg

Currently building a new display room, and looking forward to sorting my figures out so they're not so overcrowded.

I should be receiving this figure next Wednesday from SSC. Ecstatic to add him with Kirk and Spock.

McCoy joins the team.

Another figure that impresses fully with nothing phasing it... so to speak.

Keep em comin' ...

McCoy joins the team.

Another figure that impresses fully with nothing phasing it... so to speak.

Keep em comin' ...

:lecture

They're like a drug.

The dealer supplies you with an avocado and two blues. You take them and they immediately hit the spot. Now I'm going cold turkey waiting for a red one. :lol

Red or Bust!

Just a thought. Who thinks this line would benefit more, if the next figure for TOS was somebody other than a crew member? I have heard some say they are done after Scotty. Yes I want the whole crew, but I think if they broke it up a bit, with say a Klingon, Gorn, Andorian etc... collectors might go all in. Opinions?

An after thought. What would be your top 3 TOS figures other than a crew member? Mine would be...

Khan
Kor
Andorian

I wouldn't be surprised if the first "alien" we see is Romulan Kirk.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Top three. Got em !!!! Haha

After the obvious trio, I'd hark back to my favorite figures that Playmates brought out (not the Turtles tho, as those Trek Turtles are my favorite toys).

Kirk in environmental suit as used in Tholian Web. That was a great 5" and would make a superb 12".
Orion Slave Girl Vina.
It's an obvious one, but the Gorn.

So, a human, a sort of human alien and an alien alien !!

McCoy is in the background...

As you can see, I want all of the 1/6 scale Star Trek Figures. :D I am certainly trying to support the line by buying lot of figures and customizing them.

IMG_0002.JPG

Here is my 1/6 scale version of an Andorian character bash.

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Love that Andorian

Maybe if I convert my bedroom I can recreate the rec deck scene from TMP...

Just a thought. Who thinks this line would benefit more, if the next figure for TOS was somebody other than a crew member? I have heard some say they are done after Scotty. Yes I want the whole crew, but I think if they broke it up a bit, with say a Klingon, Gorn, Andorian etc... collectors might go all in. Opinions?

An after thought. What would be your top 3 TOS figures other than a crew member? Mine would be...

Khan
Kor
Andorian

I'm all in for aliens!

Gorn
Salt Vampire
Kor

Khan
Kang
Romulan commander from Balance of Terror

Still waiting for mine :impatient: :gah:

He's here. First impressions are excellent! The medical tunic is way better than I expected.

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Back