Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Building something sweet?

With Weird Science mad skills?

Weird-Science.jpg

If so, McCoy will be a very happy man...

mccoy_shore_leave.jpg

(Those Tribbles get everywhere!)

Sneak peak. Hope to some pictures with my action figures soon to try this out. Still drying and no way I would get these guys around wet paint

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

^
The Doctor joins the crew, but Kirk takes center stage.
Love the disco ball! Was it a keyring?
I also love the expression of the black guy at the far left. I also think that the Asian guy at the right looks a bit like Sulu from the new movies. Maybe you should put him into yellow?

Love the disco ball! Was it a keyring?

Looks like it might be an ornament. I've been wanting a good scale-appropriate mirrorball for a while now, but every time I go on the hunt, I can't turn up anything very good. Typically only end up finding odd sizes or really bad mirror pieces (sometimes both).

^
Thanks so much.

Yep, the disco ball is an ornament I found on eBay. There are a few size options.

I need more yellow shirts (with different rank) and will need many red shirts. I have wicked plans for the red shirts. ;)

^
Thanks so much.

Yep, the disco ball is an ornament I found on eBay. There are a few size options.

I need more yellow shirts (with different rank) and will need many red shirts. I have wicked plans for the red shirts. ;)

Hi Darkness, where did you get all the uniforms from? Especially the red female uniform?
Cheers

:lecture

And I'm loving all these dioramas. :clap

Hi Darkness, where did you get all the uniforms from? Especially the red female uniform?
Cheers

The female uniforms are from Star Trek 50th anniversary Barbie. I had to purchase the 1/6 scale stockings and boots on eBay separately. It's definitely a challenge to find bodies with a small enough bust for it to look right.

I bought some uniforms from Toy anxiety. But I mostly purchased the full sets and use the other parts for my other custom figures.

I definitely want this line to be successful. I hope they'll make it to the aliens, but I'm making my own Andorian.

Thanks

I need to choose a body for my chief Rand when her head is painted. Do you recommend going for a small bust then?

Love that bridge. I am holding off on making one until I hear if Uhra is coming. Seems like she is a big hole missing in the middle if she never comes. Im focusing on other like sickbay etc

I need to choose a body for my chief Rand when her head is painted. Do you recommend going for a small bust then?

I have used several PLMB2016-S17B bodies now (but too light for many heads). I hope Phicen will have a different small bust and skin tone one day. I have even shortened the legs on a few. The uniform is still very tight and a bit short, i.e. third season after the cloth shrinkage, but I haven't seen many other options with seamless legs.

My wife says it looks like they are all "pushing their boobs out." (sorry for the language, but I am quoting.)

I need to try a Pepper Potts and Ada Wong body when I get a chance. Those smaller bust options might work also.

McCoy looks great.

Won't be able to set him up until tomorrow, but the parts look good. Though the trousers don't appear to be as neatly finished where they end on the boots as on Kirk and Spock.

The medical tunic, as expected, was a missed opportunity. It's too baggy and puffy, and not made of a material that would replicate the more form fitting tunic worn by Kelley.

However, I may find a use for it by bashing a background character. Background being literal, as he would be wearing a pair of standard black trousers and non Starfleet regulation boots!

I have used several PLMB2016-S17B bodies now (but too light for many heads). I hope Phicen will have a different small bust and skin tone one day. I have even shortened the legs on a few. The uniform is still very tight and a bit short, i.e. third season after the cloth shrinkage, but I haven't seen many other options with seamless legs.

My wife says it looks like they are all "pushing their boobs out." (sorry for the language, but I am quoting.)

I need to try a Pepper Potts and Ada Wong body when I get a chance. Those smaller bust options might work also.

Do the xing bodies that are out soon have seamless legs?

McCoy looks great.

Won't be able to set him up until tomorrow, but the parts look good. Though the trousers don't appear to be as neatly finished where they end on the boots as on Kirk and Spock.

The medical tunic, as expected, was a missed opportunity. It's too baggy and puffy, and not made of a material that would replicate the more form fitting tunic worn by Kelley.

However, I may find a use for it by bashing a background character. Background being literal, as he would be wearing a pair of standard black trousers and non Starfleet regulation boots!

The pants on my McCoy are the same as Kirk's and Spock's... Maybe you got a defective pair.

You're right about the medical tunic, I'll never use it for display.

anybody got the goods on the lowest price for mccoy??

Back