Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

I agree that they should've started with a slimmer build body and bulked it up according to character from there. I don't know if QMX got the body from someone else or they designed their own from the start, at this point they're using it to their best abilities.

i dunno it looks like sulu is on a slimmer body, but maybe they developed it after McCoy.

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

After comparing all three in direct sunlight today my suspicions were correct. Mccoys paint job is way way less realistic than kirks. I think there's some nice detail to the sculpt that the sub par casting and paint does not showcase.

It looks a bit unfinished and juvenile overall which is a bit of a shame because Kirk had nice skin detailing and an overall realism to him.

Would love to see a killer repaint on this sculpt

I've done it like fifty times to all three it's fine trust me nothing at all can happen to them . They don't stretch out

Yeah I've done it a bunch of times as well and never had a problem. As long as you go slow and be careful not to pull on the braids you should be fine.

I will get Scotty after these. He will be my last TOS crew figure. I don't need Sulu, Checkov or Uhura. I would like a Klingon or two though.

Last edited:

I don't need a Suku or Checkov either, whoever they are. :)

Unless Sulu comes out good, then I'd have to get Sulu. But then I'd have to have Uhura. But if you have Uhura, then it pretty much makes sense to get Chekov...........and Riley, I mean COME ON! How are you not gonna have Riley? And a couple Klingons....maybe an Andorean Oh, and the alien amoeba form Immunity Syndrome, BUT THATS IT!!! Except for Nurse Chapel....and Yeoman Rand. And OBVIOUSLY all of the Mirror Mirror variants. Maybe Gary Mitchell, because Kirk has to have someone to point the exclusive phaser rifle at. But that's where I draw the LINE!

:lol :exactly:

Though if I did get another, it really would be Scotty and that's all. Simply because that way I'll at least have all shirt colors represented. :lol

I am deeply impressed with QMX...3 for 3.
This is an amazing figure. Like with Spock... I have not seen any pictures that do this figure justice as it looks in person, including mine. The outfit looks spot on....briming with accessories....great detail. He may be my favorite if the 3. Thank you Nanjin Tam.

16832181_10158281534435188_7928397379699079353_n.jpg

16832348_10158281534610188_8833982176614132874_n.jpg

16864228_10158281535205188_8777044788506789511_n.jpg

16681561_10158281534840188_8760945293653663288_n.jpg

Looking good. Just ordered mine 5 minutes ago. Prompted me to put on some classic Trek!! Hahahaha!

Bones is so much better in hand than comes across in pictures. I'm fully committed now to getting the rest of the crew they decide to make.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

McCoy en route. Looking forward to getting the rest of the bridge crew, the Captain's chair (would love to see someone offer a 1:6 bridge). If the QMx decides produce some aliens, I'd like to see Gorn, Kang, a Romulan, and Vina the Orion Slave Girl.

Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...but I'll believe it when I see it. LOL

Bones is looking really good. It's the type of sculpt that really needs good shadows to bring out the character.

After all, he's a doctor...not an action figure. :lecture :lol

Bones is so much better in hand than comes across in pictures. I'm fully committed now to getting the rest of the crew they decide to make.

16804444_10158284855480188_4333037361475672232_o.jpg

Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...but I'll believe it when I see it. LOL

Bones is looking really good. It's the type of sculpt that really needs good shadows to bring out the character.

After all, he's a doctor...not an action figure. :lecture :lol

He's a doctor action figure, or an action figure that's a doctor. :lol

Preordered McCoy from sideshow using my $25 gift card.

Bones turned out really good! I'd place him squarely in between Kirk & Spock in terms of the head sculpt. Magnets on the pants are a little stronger, but the ankles were a lot weaker, I had to reinforce the joints with a little super glue gel. Going to mess with the med kit now. Another home run by QMx on this line!

tos1.jpg

He does look really good there. Although kinda weird that Spock and McCoy are both looking buffer in that shot than Kirk is. :p

He does look really good there. Although kinda weird that Spock and McCoy are both looking buffer in that shot than Kirk is. :p

Yeah, the base bodies have the shoulders that pivot forward & backward...now that you mention it, I think I kinda have them reversed where Kirk should have his shoulders pushed out & Spock & McCoy turned in....I'll have to futz with that.

One of these days.:lecture :lol

My wife came home to see my newly arrived Bones on the kitchen counter and asked if I'd gotten a new toy...

"Dammit Jim, I'm an articulated figure, not a toy!"

20170223_220946.jpg

af7b03487d2f5c3c1565253bfeff41e1.jpg
Really loving these three...

Back