Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Who are Polaris indeed! Lol.

So much for a big reveal!

Nanjin already put them up on his FB, so QMx can't be that bothered :lol

If Bones' paint and sculpt didn't change from the Con pictures, then Scotty probably wont either. But, I hope they do something with Sulu. Yikes.

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

If Bones' paint and sculpt didn't change from the Con pictures, then Scotty probably wont either. But, I hope they do something with Sulu. Yikes.

Yeah I saw he put them on there earlier, not sure where Polaris got the Exclusive pic from.

I thought the sculpt was different, maybe it's just me. Looks amazing either way.

I have a mass email going out at 7pm mind you not that it matters now HaHa!

I'm excited for TNG stuff and more Firefly. Malcolm is my favourite figure I own. Love him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, personally I was happy with both Bones and Scotty, but Sulu will be the make or break point on how deep I go in this line. If I'm to go for the rest of the crew, they really need to convince me to bite with the Sulu sculpt, and what we saw earlier so far hasn't done that. And if I don't get Sulu, no matter how good Chekov and Uhura are, I can't see myself buying them. So, yeah, it all lays on Sulu for me, now, providing Scotty also turns out as well as expected.

QMx doesn't even have a 1/6 category on their site - while these figures are our mainstay, they just seem like one tiny part of QMx's catalog, and not one they particularly care much about at all. They really need to change that on their site, IMO. I'd say if it weren't for Nanjin marketing this line, they'd be in a world of hurt for sales.

The sculpt is OK, but, none of the sculpts are as good as Inigo's Kirk. Not hiring him for some of the other figures in this line was again, a mistake.

Yeah, personally I was happy with both Bones and Scotty, but Sulu will be the make or break point on how deep I go in this line. If I'm to go for the rest of the crew, they really need to convince me to bite with the Sulu sculpt, and what we saw earlier so far hasn't done that. And if I don't get Sulu, no matter how good Chekov and Uhura are, I can't see myself buying them. So, yeah, it all lays on Sulu for me, now, providing Scotty also turns out as well as expected.

:goodpost:

The sculpt is OK, but, none of the sculpts are as good as Inigo's Kirk. Not hiring him for some of the other figures in this line was again, a mistake.

I have to agree here. Kirk stands out, as he should, but Spock and McCoy feel the tiniest bit lackluster by comparison. I was excited about the tunic until now. I really wanted that option so McCoy could have a different look. While the lack of detail on the arms (hair) isn't horrible the oversized look of the tunic feels a little like doll clothing to me. I'll probably put off buying this one until the in hand pics arrive.

Last edited:

Likeness looks really good from a distance, even if up close it will probably be just as lumpy and overly-detailed as Spock was. And also kind of ironic that we get a raised eyebrow on McCoy but not Spock.

Glad to see they've included the medical tunic though, even with those arms.

QMx doesn't even have a 1/6 category on their site - while these figures are our mainstay, they just seem like one tiny part of QMx's catalog, and not one they particularly care much about at all. They really need to change that on their site, IMO. I'd say if it weren't for Nanjin marketing this line, they'd be in a world of hurt for sales.

Have to agree 100% with Pix here...

Spock came out fine (but with that almost lumpy feel I can't quite explain), but Kirk is up there with the finest human likeness I've ever seen in a 1/6 figure. I was really hoping this was going to be a bases loaded Grand Slam with the four leads. I don't know the internal politics at QMX that had them award the remaining sculpting to other artists, and I'm not sure if Inigo was only interested in doing a single figure, or if he didn't like the terms, but I write this up as a MAJOR loss for the line...

Its still good, and I'll consider making additional purchases to round out the bridge crew at least partially, but what could have been...

I wonder if Inigo is somehow bound not to offer customs of the TOS characters by agreement with QMX. Might be interesting to see if any upgrades could be in the offing...

Last edited:

Well judging from Nanjin's original thread the sculpts were already created a while ago, and he must have just been happy enough with them not to request a change. Or maybe Inigo was too booked up to make time for other TOS characters in the timeframe QMX needed (he did sculpt the Picard though, so we at least have that to look forward to).

Ordered! Thank you! And luckily he isn't quite as imminent as I'd worried (I was petrified it'd be next week or something!) At least 1/2 months gives me plenty of time to save! Glad to see QMX going with realistic release schedules, rather than pre ordering something and waiting 18 months or more..(looking at you, Hot Toys!)

Nice to see Bones finally getting released. While the tunic isn't blowing me over, I'll pick up the exclusive nonetheless. Hopefully Scotty, Sulu, Uhura and Chekov won't be too far behind.

Looks ok, I'll order. Here's hope Scotty is not far behind, I don't wanna pay twice for the shipp.

Unfortunately, this is sculpt is easily the worst of the three.
I suppose I will order it for completion's sake, but I'm not really happy.
If they are not going to tweak any of the sculpts, this is the last for me.

Here's hope Scotty is not far behind, I don't wanna pay twice for the shipp.

Picard is next after Bones. No idea how far off Scotty will be.

Picard is next after Bones. No idea how far off Scotty will be.

12W5b8dWQOQLCg.gif

The reg is up for order on Sideshow.

Unfortunately, this is sculpt is easily the worst of the three.
I suppose I will order it for completion's sake, but I'm not really happy.
If they are not going to tweak any of the sculpts, this is the last for me.

When he was first shown CelebsLike.Me recognized him 100%:

32333139456_a77c7a8943_o.png

These latest photos came out a bit fuzzy, but he's still recognized:

31561087453_9173023749_o.png

I think this will look great in hand.

Back