QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not very "Star Trek" of me, but you Sir, are a prized A-Hole...

Aw, I am sorry, Mr. E, it appears I did upset you. It is a shame that my blunt talk caused you such inability to uphold your straight and narrow ‘Star Trek’ scruples. I do hope you can earn them back and once again climb to that lofty perch; I should think, and probably everyone here would agree, that spending adequate time and gravity on the questionnaire from Mr. Tam would almost certainly satisfy that debt.

Oh, I am sorry

Are you though? I think you're just bad at irony.

Mr. E, it appears I did upset you.

You think too highly of yourself. If someone smells dog crap on the sidewalk, and says "gross" or makes a face, does the brown pile take pride in it's impact on them?

It is a shame that my blunt...

LOL, you think you're blunt. See my comment about things on the sidewalk above. Ever-present and unpleasant does not equal "blunt"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you though? I think you're just bad at irony.

You think too highly of yourself. If someone smells dog crap on the sidewalk, and says "gross" or makes a face, does the brown pile take pride in it's impact on them?

LOL, you think you're blunt. See my comment about things on the sidewalk above. Ever-present and unpleasant does not equal "blunt"

Well, now, almost all of that may be true, as no one is perfect. Except for the fact that blunt seems only unpleasant (and ever-present) to whom is careless and steps in it. Or to whom is in denial about it. The dog being a dog cannot be held to account for that which he is expected to do and is often praised to do. And a call of nature is nothing if not blunt. So, you see, one man’s blunt is another man’s pile. Unless of course, you think yours doesn’t stink, in which case again, to be blunt, we would be dealing with denial.

I just finished answering the survey. I'm glad to do something that will hopefully result in good Star Trek figures for all of us who want them. I hope something comes of this. We could all use some good news in these tough times.

Tom

wa769usx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0700.jpg

Well I am ready to rock and roll now! Ilia needs her ankle extenders in and then it's time to commission some uniforms.

Biggest headache is going to be Uhura's body I think. Surprisingly, there are almost no African bodies out there and it will be really challenging to find one short enough, if I can find one at all. I've never tried pastels but I suppose I could darken a Xing one manually. Short enough but a bit skinny.

View attachment 495299

Well I am ready to rock and roll now! Ilia needs her ankle extenders in and then it's time to commission some uniforms.

Biggest headache is going to be Uhura's body I think. Surprisingly, there are almost no African bodies out there and it will be really challenging to find one short enough, if I can find one at all. I've never tried pastels but I suppose I could darken a Xing one manually. Short enough but a bit skinny.

Who is the blue girl?

Who is the blue girl?

The blonde? That's just TMP Rand. The sculpt is the younger version by Warrior's Gate with movie hair but I figured I could live with that. It's not as if folks will be lining up to produce TMP sculpts so I can live with the younger versions in movie uniforms. I think she'll be more familiar once she's in her CPO jumpsuit.
_20180828_002852.JPG

I believe this thread might be ready for a name change, huh?

Maybe just take the ?QMX? off the title...I mean with their complete abdication of 1/6 Trek we should just dump them the way they have apparently dumped the license.

If/When a new company becomes involved with 1/6th Trek...

If/When a new company becomes involved with 1/6th Trek, the question is would you all discard your very flawed QMx Kirks-Spocks-McCoys for the new and improved Kirks-Spocks-McCoys? And if so—and since you are so confident this will happen from Kurok’s promises—you should consider selling off your QMx dolls now that these things are still at somewhat of a premium.

If/When a new company becomes involved with 1/6th Trek, the question is would you all discard your very flawed QMx Kirks-Spocks-McCoys for the new and improved Kirks-Spocks-McCoys? And if so—and since you are so confident this will happen from Kurok’s promises—you should consider selling off your QMx dolls now that these things are still at somewhat of a premium.

Like everything else, it would all depend on financial situation at the moment and how much better the new figures are.

Back