QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sulu's body is very much like this Ganghood 2.0 'Bruce Lee' muscle body:

GH-528x668.jpg

Picard's was very similar, if not the same. Both had their rubber necks cut off, of course.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=980&search=ganghood

EDIT:

I found Sulu to be too tall, so removed the extensions from the bottom of the legs:

View attachment 494188

Without ankle pegs that made him 5' 6". Walter Koenig was supposedly the same height as George Takei:

https://www.celebheights.com/s/George-Takei-1372.html

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Walter-Koenig-4028.html

Awesome! How easy is it to remove the ankle pegs? I am quite incompetent.

Awesome! How easy is it to remove the ankle pegs? I am quite incompetent.

They're plugged in tight, so I ended up cutting them off after failing to pull them out.

To get the correct height I took the pegs out of the boots, so the legs just sit inside them. Once zipped up it's all pretty secure.

They're plugged in tight, so I ended up cutting them off after failing to pull them out.

To get the correct height I took the pegs out of the boots, so the legs just sit inside them. Once zipped up it's all pretty secure.

Ok, so looking at the Coo models we have BD01 25cm and BD02 27cm. Does that mean all the short ones need to lose their ankle pegs?

Ok, so looking at the Coo models we have BD01 25cm and BD02 27cm. Does that mean all the short ones need to lose their ankle pegs?

I can only speak for the Sulu/Picard body. The stock figure measured 11.5" not including boot soles/heels. After I cut the extensions off and took the pegs out of the boots he measured 11", which was my target to get Sulu to 5' 6".

It's hard to tell what would be needed to be done with other bodies until you try them, and measure with the head and boots in place.

I presume the 25 cm measurement is to the top of the neck, which would be similar to the Ganghood 2.0. Though I don't know how bulky the Coo bodies are, since the Ganghood 2.0 is quite slight - it was a pretty good match for Takei, bar for the height.

I can only speak for the Sulu/Picard body. The stock figure measured 11.5" not including boot soles/heels. After I cut the extensions off and took the pegs out of the boots he measured 11", which was my target to get Sulu to 5' 6".

It's hard to tell what would be needed to be done with other bodies until you try them, and measure with the head and boots in place.

I presume the 25 cm measurement is to the top of the neck, which would be similar to the Ganghood 2.0. Though I don't know how bulky the Coo bodies are, since the Ganghood 2.0 is quite slight - it was a pretty good match for Takei, bar for the height.

Thank you. Some very useful advice. I think it's time to do some shopping...

Sulu's body is very much like this Ganghood 2.0 'Bruce Lee' muscle body:

GH-528x668.jpg

Anyone know how the height of the ZC Emulated body compares to the ganghood body? It is also used for Bruce Lee but don't know if it is a shorter body.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

On the day of Star Trek birthday, I have the following non-constructive post.

"1/6 Star Trek, figures. A platform barely alive. Ladies and Gentlemen, we can rebuild 1/6 Trek. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first Trek brand by Trek fans and friends. 1/6 Trek will be better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster."

The operation started last night at 11pm Pacific Standard Time.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

"1/6 Star Trek, figures. A platform barely alive. Ladies and Gentlemen, we can rebuild 1/6 Trek. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first Trek brand by Trek fans and friends. 1/6 Trek will be better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster."

Great news, my friend. Be prepared to hear a lot of negative comments, as that seems to be the only thing that many people can write on forums such as this nowadays.

I personally am onboard with your new venture and cannot wait to see what you have in store for us! It's been a long journey for us since your release of the first figures years and years ago and I am so glad you will finally be able to make your dream and that of myself and many other fans come true.

Happy Star Trek Day to you, my friend, and good luck!

Ladies and gentlemen, good news all around as my friend and co-worker of over 30 years underwent a successful umbilical hernia operation earlier today (PST), as well. The technology is undeniable! He, too, will be better, stronger and faster than he was before! So his doctor promised.

Happy Star Trek day! Can't wait to see what 1/6 Star Trek figures are waiting for us.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

tumblr_ovksklfadt1sqf5tdo3_500.gif

:D

"Non-constructive" ? What do you mean with that?

The post/message you quote is from whom? From you, Nanjin? Or some other company?

You or they "can rebuild", do they have the licence from the ST Franchise?

hh38ujeo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back