QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, nothing to make your jaw drop just yet. But definitely a new ball game ahead.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Well, nothing to make your jaw drop just yet. But definitely a new ball game ahead.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

ijgsxlaq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm done with this thread, I'll wait for nanjin to start a new one when he is ready to share some ST news. It's a real shame what's been happening in this thread lately.

Agreed- just hype and talk and more talk about what may happen......about 90% of it is just speculative wishing and such

My post above was about all the trash talking that was going on in this thread not about nanjin posting about things he is trying to get going or working on for the future of 1/6 ST. I truly appreciate all the insight he shares, I got tired of the crap postings from a small group that kept taking a big dump in this thread every time nanjin posted anything.

Seriously??

ijgsxlaq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Precisely, doctor.

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.

Agreed- just hype and talk and more talk about what may happen......about 90% of it is just speculative wishing and such

Evidently, wanting is a honey-sweet beast that torments the souls and occupies the waking thoughts of many a man. A mirage of a desert oasis comes to mind.

My post above was about all the trash talking that was going on in this thread not about nanjin posting about things he is trying to get going or working on for the future of 1/6 ST. I truly appreciate all the insight he shares, I got tired of the crap postings from a small group that kept taking a big dump in this thread every time nanjin posted anything.

Then block people and don't read the posts. Forums are for discussion and opinions from all sides. Just because those opinions don't align with your own beliefs, it doesn't make them any less valid. Moaning about what people say here makes you as bad as you're making them out to be. I get tired of all the one-sided posts, the absolute opposite to you, so ignore if you don't like them or me.

The proof will be in any final figures Nanjin or whoever produces in the future. The rest is speculation and wish fulfillment.

A few pages ago (?) someone mentioned the barbie Uhura and the possibility of matching it with the a Triad Toys female body. Below are some pictures of that combination. The headsculpt isn't too bad, for a barbie sculpt, but the skin tone is not a great match for the body. She's wearing a Sith Lord MacGyver dress.
uhura-barbie-2.JPG uhura-barbie-1.JPG

My version of the body (which has to be close to 10 years old?) is pretty loose. And those knee joints are not exactly unobtrusive. Plus the dress is a stretchy, close fitting fabric so it shows all the lumps.

It's what I have until something better comes along.

Tom

A few pages ago (?) someone mentioned the barbie Uhura and the possibility of matching it with the a Triad Toys female body. Below are some pictures of that combination. The headsculpt isn't too bad, for a barbie sculpt, but the skin tone is not a great match for the body. She's wearing a Sith Lord MacGyver dress.
View attachment 493718 View attachment 493719

My version of the body (which has to be close to 10 years old?) is pretty loose. And those knee joints are not exactly unobtrusive. Plus the dress is a stretchy, close fitting fabric so it shows all the lumps.

Tom

Indeed.

Attachments

• 7BE921E0-80CB-4830-9433-52062C0FCF8D.jpg
    7BE921E0-80CB-4830-9433-52062C0FCF8D.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 135
Is the Playmates 12” Gorn at all worth getting? I realize it isn’t high end, but kind of thinking of getting him. Can’t find a review on YouTube.

View attachment 493718 View attachment 493719

Tom

I think a repaint and re-hair and she'd be quite creditable. The sculpt does have a genuine likeness.

I've got a custom sculpt on a spare Windstorm body but her shoulders are a bit broad. Just waiting for Decker and Ilia to arrive before sending all three for painting. A decent African body would be really helpful!

View attachment 493719

Tom

I think some brown leggings, worn under the black tights would help a lot. They will hide the knee joints and smooth them out a little.

Is the Playmates 12? Gorn at all worth getting? I realize it isn?t high end, but kind of thinking of getting him. Can?t find a review on YouTube.

I got one and I dig it. It has limited articulation but in a static pose it looks pretty sweet and right from TOS. It is not on par with QMX but he is a nice addition to my 12 inch Star Trek display. I picked up some extra Star Trek stands awhile ago and he is on one. I know there are a lot of guys here that look at it as a Toy....but these are all toys and I think you should collect whatever your like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few pages ago (?) someone mentioned the barbie Uhura and the possibility of matching it with the a Triad Toys female body. Below are some pictures of that combination.

Thank you for the photos! Really appreciate them and everyone's thoughts on the body.

Also, in re the Gorn: I've seen less than stellar reviews about him, but I love him on my shelf. Maybe he's a little hokey, but he was that way in the show.

f6ae61a4f8ba1e2a1353c18098cd83f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Also, in re the Gorn: I've seen less than stellar reviews about him, but I love him on my shelf. Maybe he's a little hokey, but he was that way in the show.

f6ae61a4f8ba1e2a1353c18098cd83f9.jpg

The Gorn in the show was not at all hokey, especially for the time period. Look up Hollywood Collectibles Group Gorn statue for the 1/6 Trek replica that outshines ALL others, including your QMX group, and is an example of a Trek figure done right. For me, the Play-Gorn is ridiculous, even next to and as part of the QMX dolls. Reminds me of that Lost in Space Magic Dragon madam. But the 11-inch statue of her, below, is much more screen accurate than the Play-Gorn. She’s actually quite good! But I get it, one is a toy for tots and the other is a serious effort for adult collectors. The only thing I‘m not crazy about on the HCG Gorn is the base, which is kind of hokey.

Attachments

• CB1E5AE6-3083-4350-BDE0-BC5776FFE304.jpeg
    CB1E5AE6-3083-4350-BDE0-BC5776FFE304.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 71FF2393-D786-4258-8749-289DB1E035F8.jpeg
    71FF2393-D786-4258-8749-289DB1E035F8.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 105
Back