QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there are now three McCoy figures on eBay. $499.99 (free shipping), $499.95 (plus $19.99 shipping), and $529 ($25.25 shipping). I hope all of these don?t sell. I get wanting to make a little, and of course it?s their right to do so, but these sold for like $180 originally. I hate people who take advantage of others to that extent.

There?s also one on Amazon selling for $500. I contacted that seller and asked to be notified once the price goes to $800 at which point I would consider buying it. the seller replied that I was mistaken and the price is $500. I guess the sarcasm went over his head. :lol

There?s also one on Amazon selling for $500. I contacted that seller and asked to be notified once the price goes to $800 at which point I would consider buying it. the seller replied that I was mistaken and the price is $500. I guess the sarcasm went over his head. :lol

Ok ... that is hilarious.:rotfl

So there are now three McCoy figures on eBay. $499.99 (free shipping), $499.95 (plus $19.99 shipping), and $529 ($25.25 shipping). I hope all of these don?t sell. I get wanting to make a little, and of course it?s their right to do so, but these sold for like $180 originally. I hate people who take advantage of others to that extent.
I should sell some so the price can come down a bit...

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Considering this happened previously with Spock / Kirk in the $700 range, it was bound to occur with McCoy.

Re the license, QMx has a contract, the details of which are between it and Viacomm-CBS. You (they) can't just cancel it. You'd have to wait for when it is up for renewal and see what happens. Another company would be silly not to pick up a franchise license for 1/6 with 2 shows in production and a film in the works.

Anyway, I know we can see the writing on the wall, but I'd like to give QMx a little consideration. They DID release some great figs and the re-release allowed a lot of people to purchase (including me) the iconic stars of TOS. My poor shelf before just had McCoy and a Captain's chair, which was extra sad, but now it is filled with 1/6 goodness. So, as much **** talk as we give them, I genuinely hope they manage to pull it together and get some more figures out. They clearly have some work to do on the production side, and if they don't figure out what to do with Scotty and Sulu, they will create a lot of bad blood with their consumers who preordered. So, it's really make or break for them in how they handle this for all future 1/6 releases for that company.

My advice to them is go headsculpt/costume packages. It's been done before - at least costume packages by ACI for figs that were in high demand. Much easier to (not) assemble and ship.

If the licensor wants to clean up the image of its marketed Star Trek properties, QMx quality clothing sets for 1/6 is literally the last place they need to start.

[[[ Salivating ]]]

When, where, how?
I know I have stock somewhere in my warehouse. But I did agreed to a few to assemble McCoy for them with spare, extra, or defective (the better ones) parts. (They will be in Teal set accurate uniforms and No exclusive surgeon shirt)

Dont bomb my email, I am kind of frustrated because I couldnt return to China to clear these promises. Like JL said, promise is jail. I will be in jail for a long time....

I know I have stock somewhere in my warehouse. But I did agreed to a few to assemble McCoy for them with spare, extra, or defective (the better ones) parts. (They will be in Teal set accurate uniforms and No exclusive surgeon shirt)

Dont bomb my email, I am kind of frustrated because I couldnt return to China to clear these promises. Like JL said, promise is jail. I will be in jail for a long time....

If you can’t get them I totally understand, but if you can it would be awesome and like I said I’d rather pay you versus someone on eBay.

If you can?t get them I totally understand, but if you can it would be awesome and like I said I?d rather pay you versus someone on eBay.
...and I never charge ebay price even though I could [emoji28]

I would be very thankful if I could get on a list for Bones.
Hit me up when the virus situation subsidies. I cant go to China now.

Lots of uncertainties...but the return is a custom made McCoy with no packaging. My impulsive behavior might add a gift or two with him [emoji6]

Btw, I wonder who received the season 2 uniforms for Kirk and Spock? I randomly put a set into the stock I had.

Hit me up when the virus situation subsidies. I cant go to China now.

Lots of uncertainties...but the return is a custom made McCoy with no packaging [emoji6]

I can deal with no packaging. Who knows when it will happen with all the current events going on though.

On a positive note it looks like I chose a good time to get Khan. Only two US listings, one $219.99 (plus $13.91 shipping) and the other is $324.99. Feel pretty good about getting him under $200.

I don’t watch Supernatural, but I’d be upset knowing that they only made one of the brothers. If they did one they should do the other.

I am sure Warriors Gate released a good headsculpt of Sam Winchester, if your not good at art just send the sculpt to an artist, also clothing should be easy as the brothers wore street clothing. I believe they also sculpted support cast member of the show as well, it's a very good show but it has been a long time since I've seen it and can't remember the names but I think one of the angels and also the older gent that goes on some of their missions perhaps even others.

Back