QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll check my box when I get home tonight, but I'm pretty sure these were not numbered. It would make no sense that the others were not numbered but Khan was.
Well I think that Khan was specifically limited. If you notice the box has a silver border on the bottom that says Limited Edition on it, which the others don’t have. It also has the spot on the bottom for a number to be filled.

Khan's mission included:

Gauging TOS demand, with Kirk, Spock McCoy and Picard delivered, the size of the market could be understood after the next figure (scotty)

Test my theory that >USD160 Trek figures could be produced with good quality (I already over paid some parts)

Enable the company to know the Sales Department shortcomings so the next figure onward would not have any foreseeable issues.

Beside confirming my production cost reduction and leverage theories, everything else failed.

Every figure released was an added info enable us to understand the market demand.

No one knows and didnt care a single bit about these except one dude. He left after 7 months of employment. He was the ONLY person there whom I was able to have meaningful discussion. We were speaking in the same language but we argued almost every other day. As of today, we are still friends. You can guess the atmosphere that we were in when working together as colleagues.

He knows what is Marketing. No one knows what's marketing over there. They didnt even know the differences between Market and Marketing research, didnt know what are the 4 Ps (product, place, promotion, price), each needs it's own strategies and tactics....

Seriously, my group meetings back in college were much more productive. We had plans. Plans without execution and control are Thoughts only.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's all academic now, but as with almost all attempts at "real" hair on a figure, I personally would have much preferred a sculpted head of hair on Khan's TWOK head. Unless it's a Gi-Joe type crew-cut, attempted "real" hair always look wrong, too straight and stiff and cut not quite right. The TOS Khan hair looks right, looking less like a little girl's doll.

I see a future where we are stood in a queue outside a hair salon holding our figures for their appointments. I prefare sculpted hair to but I fear our figures will be replaced by superior versions which would probably have real hair.

Nanjin do you have any Kirk V2 left I can't get any here in the UK and a dont believe QMX when they say they have more on the way.

I prefare sculpted hair to but I fear our figures will be replaced by superior versions which would probably have real hair.

No doubt. Assuming there will be enough youngsters to champion TOS and it will not die a slow, generational death, the next manufacturer w/ the license will probably do even a better job with sculpts and such, if only because technology will enable it. Too late probably for us older, original fans, though, we only have the present.

No doubt. Assuming there will be enough youngsters to champion TOS and it will not die a slow, generational death, the next manufacturer w/ the license will probably do even a better job with sculpts and such, if only because technology will enable it. Too late probably for us older, original fans, though, we only have the present.
I doubt that for the next 10 years. Too many handmade and crafts involved. Price will only continues to go up because the lack of technician in china (no longer need to travel away from home)

Companies should actively anticipate this change of human resources, or they will face tremendous hardship in the coming months (cost more to make inferior products). SS already acting upon this 2 years ago.

StarAce moved out of China 2 years ago. I am thinking about this too (if I continue on Trek 1/6).

I doubt that for the next 10 years. Too many handmade and crafts involved. Price will only continues to go up because the lack of technician in china (no longer need to travel away from home)

Companies should actively anticipate this change of human resources, or they will face tremendous hardship in the coming months (cost more to make inferior products). SS already acting upon this 2 years ago.

StarAce moved out of China 2 years ago. I am thinking about this too (if I continue on Trek 1/6).

Where are Star Ace based ?

Back