QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I am speechless. Way over rated me but thank you for this amazing work! [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

No, 好感谢你付出的一切,我很荣幸能够得到您的作品,你的作品给了我很大的惊喜! (translators note: thank you so much for all of your hard work. It's an honor to have your creations. Your creations have been a pleasant surprise!)

Good luck with your future endeavors!

Last edited:
Here it is!!

I hope I get everyone's seal of approval, especially yours Nanjin!

Love your reviews man.
It's really nice to see all the work and care you put into them.

As for the figures themselves, after seeing your review and countless photos, I really have to say that I prefer the earlier Kirk version. This one really doesn't work for me. The body is simply completely wrong for Kirk and makes the HS look too big (and to be honest, I don't really see a dramatic improvement paint-wise). Spock however, is a different story. If I had the money, I would definitely try to get this new version. While the sculpt itself still has the same flaws, the paint apps improve it a lot, as well as the new body.
Sulu, well... yeah, we all know it's not a great sculpt, unfortunately.

One suggestion: have you tried pushing Kirk's shoulders up? Might help make the body look less puny.

Thanks for the review!

Love your reviews man.
It's really nice to see all the work and care you put into them.

As for the figures themselves, after seeing your review and countless photos, I really have to say that I prefer the earlier Kirk version. This one really doesn't work for me. The body is simply completely wrong for Kirk and makes the HS look too big (and to be honest, I don't really see a dramatic improvement paint-wise). Spock however, is a different story. If I had the money, I would definitely try to get this new version. While the sculpt itself still has the same flaws, the paint apps improve it a lot, as well as the new body.
Sulu, well... yeah, we all know it's not a great sculpt, unfortunately.

One suggestion: have you tried pushing Kirk's shoulders up? Might help make the body look less puny.

Thanks for the review!

Thanks dude!

I wouldn't be able to comment on the differences between V 1.0 to V 2.0 since I don't have them in hand to compare. What I do know is what I have standing (and sitting) on my display shelf looks damn good haha.

As for the shoulders, yeah I did get to experiment the range of motion. I hadn't realized the shoulders and arms were lower than usual during filming...at least when I have Kirk standing. When he was sitting in the chair, I wanted to make sure his forearms were resting on the arm rests. But thanks for pointing that out, I'll make adjustments to Kirk on my display so he can look more natural.

Another great review, BrooklynWolfX!

Thanks FlyAndFight! I'm glad you enjoyed the review! :hi5:

I gotta question for you. Do you have all of the figures? I actually went through the entire thread starting at page 1, but I didn't read EVERY post haha.

If you like the V2 Kirk head better, but the V1 body better, has anybody switched them out? Or, even just switched the sculpts?

Thanks FlyAndFight! I'm glad you enjoyed the review! :hi5:

I gotta question for you. Do you have all of the figures? I actually went through the entire thread starting at page 1, but I didn't read EVERY post haha.

I've got all of the figures released so far, with the exception of Sulu, who is currently on his way here.

I love the original series but TNG is still a notch above, for me, in terms of favorite. Truly a shame that the rest of the TNG main cast will most likely not beam aboard my collection.

As far as the original series, I can't believe we got so close to getting the complete bridge clue and will miss out on Chekov and especially Uhura.

So many other great characters that could have been done...

:monkey2

I've got all of the figures released so far, with the exception of Sulu, who is currently on his way here.

I love the original series but TNG is still a notch above, for me, in terms of favorite. Truly a shame that the rest of the TNG main cast will most likely not beam aboard my collection.

As far as the original series, I can't believe we got so close to getting the complete bridge clue and will miss out on Chekov and especially Uhura.

So many other great characters that could have been done...

:monkey2

....so...you have Bones?

....I hate you, and anyone else for having him.

DAMMMIIIITTTT

j/k haha

And dude, a TNG fan huh? Hell yeah! And agreed, it's such a shame we'll never get the other cast. Proto Data was alright...but if he were made, I'm positive he would've been tweeked to absolute perfection. And omg riker looked dope! And worf! AAAGHHHHHM QMX PLEASEEEEEEE!!

See the Trek vs Trek phenomenon above?

This is a major obstacle in Trek merchandising

Trek merchandise competes with each other.... I have the remedy for this that no body ever looked at in the last 53 years.

Last edited:
See the Trek vs Trek phenomenon above?

This is a major obstacle in Trek merchandising

Haha well I was joking. I love all Trek...there are exceptions, but TOS, TNG (my personal fav), ST:V, DS9 all hold a special place in my heart.

In spite of not liking the Abrams movies, I'd still get figures of those.

As long as they're of the same quality of course. :)

I do not want someone just grabbing these and reselling them one by one on eBay, it is important to me that someone who is actually a fan of TOS gets these figures who may have missed out initially (that is why I put it in this thread). Everything that is in the photos is what comes with this, I do not have original boxes and the accessories etc. This is perfect for someone who missed out the first time and or someone who is looking to do custom variations of different figures for MIRROR MIRROR universe, CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER, etc.

Kirk 1.0

Spock 1.0 (custom body - plus the original one too)

Sulu

Scotty

Picard (with stains on the neck)

Khan, still have the box and everything.

Selling them as is, whatever you see in the photo is what they come with. No boxes, no stands (except Khan).

Please do not contact me asking me to sell just Scotty or just Sulu, selling them all together, or just gonna keep them. If it is not in the photo, I do not have it.

$750. plus trackable and insured shipping to a U.S. address only.

7e1b223d080de628e2808bab212f5f84.png
632e1e4759e77e820bd7c064cf4d0362.png
8c9a1c66383785717ee6a971c5386fbc.plist
de3e5cbacc47e9f01127592852630960.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinion, but looks like they’re missing a lot for the price (no boxes, not all the accessories, etc.).

I do not want someone just grabbing these and reselling them one by one on eBay, it is important to me that someone who is actually a fan of TOS gets these figures who may have missed out initially (that is why I put it in this thread). Everything that is in the photos is what comes with this, I do not have original boxes and the accessories etc. This is perfect for someone who missed out the first time and or someone who is looking to do custom variations of different figures for MIRROR MIRROR universe, CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER, etc.

Kirk 1.0

Spock 1.0 (custom body - plus the original one too)

Sulu

Scotty

Picard (with stains on the neck)

Khan, still have the box and everything.

Selling them as is, whatever you see in the photo is what they come with. No boxes, no stands (except Khan).

Please do not contact me asking me to sell just Scotty or just Sulu, selling them all together, or just gonna keep them. If it is not in the photo, I do not have it.

$750. plus trackable and insured shipping to a U.S. address only.

7e1b223d080de628e2808bab212f5f84.png
632e1e4759e77e820bd7c064cf4d0362.png
8c9a1c66383785717ee6a971c5386fbc.plist
de3e5cbacc47e9f01127592852630960.plist

It's a shame you're selling them. I'm sure you have your reasons...but I have a bad feeling we won't be getting Trek figures for a LOOOONG time. Even if they're incomplete, I wouldn't let go of them, only because of what they represent. Like the different variations of Thor, iron man, cap America, batman...we're always gonna get an update or new iteration...so those I can see letting go of.

Just my opinion, but looks like they?re missing a lot for the price (no boxes, not all the accessories, etc.).

What do you think is a fair price? I am hopefully not an unreasonable person, and was simply basing it upon what the market seems to be, but I am open to suggestions, what do you think?

It's a shame you're selling them. I'm sure you have your reasons...but I have a bad feeling we won't be getting Trek figures for a LOOOONG time. Even if they're incomplete, I wouldn't let go of them, only because of what they represent. Like the different variations of Thor, iron man, cap America, batman...we're always gonna get an update or new iteration...so those I can see letting go of.

If you think I wanna let go of these, you are mistaken, but that is life.

What do you think is a fair price? I am hopefully not an unreasonable person, and was simply basing it upon what the market seems to be, but I am open to suggestions, what do you think?

Actually I was out of line saying that. I guess the price isn’t all that bad. Just a lot of people probably would want them complete, but you basically are selling the entire set for under retail, and have two of the harder to find (at the moment at least) figures with Scotty and Sulu.

Guys

In case someone missed the original and want the original
MIB V1.0 Kirk with the original bodies and V1.0 Spock
I am selling them for less than retail.

The originals are harder to come by these days MIB.

It sounds like if you have Kirk 2.0 and could switch bodies with Bones, it might be a win for both figs, relatively.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back