QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so I just got V2 Kirk and was able to put him up against my V1 Spock. The first thing that jumps out at me is the sleeve ranking detail on V1 is so much better. In V2 its practically invisible. The v2 body is definitely better, but I would appreciate his arms pared down a bit more. Compared to V1, which really looks to me now like I could trim off some excess seam cloth from underneath the shoulder area and Spock will look much less bulked up.

Was Spock's sculpt tweaked in V2? I am not 100% happy with any QMX heads I have seen for this line, but the Kirk on V2 is the best I have seen from this company overall. Also, I was surprised at how much taller Spock is than Kirk.

OK so I just got V2 Kirk and was able to put him up against my V1 Spock. The first thing that jumps out at me is the sleeve ranking detail on V1 is so much better. In V2 its practically invisible. The v2 body is definitely better, but I would appreciate his arms pared down a bit more. Compared to V1, which really looks to me now like I could trim off some excess seam cloth from underneath the shoulder area and Spock will look much less bulked up.

Was Spock's sculpt tweaked in V2? I am not 100% happy with any QMX heads I have seen for this line, but the Kirk on V2 is the best I have seen from this company overall. Also, I was surprised at how much taller Spock is than Kirk.

About the sleeve insignia, v2 is much more to scale. In this case, less is more. You don’t want fat caterpillars clinging to the arms down there. I don’t know if v2 Spock head sculpt was tweaked from v1. And I’m not exactly “100%” happy with all the heads, either, but they are absolutely the best heads done to date (with the exception of the HCG polystone of McCoy which is as good if not better). And the QMx Khan head is pretty outstanding—the best of all! The muscular bodies are still too muscular but an improvement from v1. All my 2 cents, of course.

As far as the height, Shatner is about 3 in. shorter than Nimoy was.

Question for those with Khan. I just received the one I won off of eBay, and the handle to the phaser detaches. Is it supposed to be that way or is mine broken? It stays together and I could probably super glue it, but just wondering before I do anything.

Question for those with Khan. I just received the one I won off of eBay, and the handle to the phaser detaches. Is it supposed to be that way or is mine broken? It stays together and I could probably super glue it, but just wondering before I do anything.

I haven't opened mine yet, but in all photos and videos online the mangled phaser is one piece. I've never seen it shown as two. Otherwise it would have been touted as a "feature" if it could be separated. I'm pretty sure yours has just come unglued, and should be an easy fix, but not 100% certain on that. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I haven't opened mine yet, but in all photos and videos online the mangled phaser is one piece. I've never seen it shown as two. Otherwise it would have been touted as a "feature" if it could be separated. I'm pretty sure yours has just come unglued, and should be an easy fix, but not 100% certain on that. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Yeah, I’m inclined to think you’re right and mine just came unglued. I haven’t seen any reviews I’ve watched mention it. It does seem like it should be an easy fix with a dab of super glue.

Yeah, I?m inclined to think you?re right and mine just came unglued. I haven?t seen any reviews I?ve watched mention it. It does seem like it should be an easy fix with a dab of super glue.

Mine arrived from QMX in 2017 with the same issue. QMX said I should be able to re-glue it without a problem but also offered to send a replacement.

be38708ce2927241cccfadedced57840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I thought you meant that the Type-1 mini phaser came unglued from the Type-2 pistol. I didn't read carefully enough. The handle itself should never be removable from the rest of the pistol. So, yeah that's clearly a glue issue.

Is glued on. Phaser One had its mold, no need to make another one. Making an one piece ?twisted phaser? in that shape would have paintup problems.

Khan was my test for:

* controlling cost theories ~accomplished with confirmation.
* modulating production theories ~accomplished with confirmation.
* Quantity of Kirk, Spock, McCoy plus Khan = fair guess of the market demand for TOS ~acquired market info and successfully used evident by fast sell out of 1st round Scotty and further reinforced with strategic planned Sulu production quantities. (Add Picard to the formula = fair guess of the effects of Trek vs Trek in 1/6)
* iron out sales difficulties and problems, and seekout unknown problems so nothing could go wrong with subsequent releases ~failed as evident by what happened to Scotty and Sulu initial release and the subsequent 2nd round presale chaos.

Khan and I had done our job but the shooter just dropped the balls.

Each figure spear head for the next release. This is what I told them since 2016.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Hi Nanjin, hope you can answer a question for me, not sure how you fitted in with QMX, was my understanding that you was the go between guy, dealing with the chineese factories and quality control etc etc, but now that you have left, just exactly what does QMX have, do they actually own the head sculpts, weapons and outfit masters and molds for Scotty and Sulu so that they can contact the factories and run another batch or do they have to start from scratch - as I payed upfront for both figures based on photos of the finished articles not some new figures that could be of inferior quality.

Is glued on. Phaser One had its mold, no need to make another one. Making an one piece ?twisted phaser? in that shape would have paintup problems.

Khan was my test for:

* controlling cost theories ~accomplished with confirmation.
* modulating production theories ~accomplished with confirmation.
* Quantity of Kirk, Spock, McCoy plus Khan = fair guess of the market demand for TOS ~acquired market info and successfully used evident by fast sell out of 1st round Scotty and further reinforced with strategic planned Sulu production quantities. (Add Picard to the formula = fair guess of the effects of Trek vs Trek in 1/6)
* iron out sales difficulties and problems, and seekout unknown problems so nothing could go wrong with subsequent releases ~failed as evident by what happened to Scotty and Sulu initial release and the subsequent 2nd round presale chaos.

Khan and I had done our job but the shooter just dropped the balls.

Each figure spear head for the next release. This is what I told them since 2016.

I have to say the price point for the Trek figures was impressive. All coming in under $200 with quality comparable to Hot Toys was great.

Khan is very much a case of a simplistic figure that has a wow factor to him. Nothing fancy, but just really well done. Glad I got him.

Hi Nanjin, hope you can answer a question for me, not sure how you fitted in with QMX, was my understanding that you was the go between guy, dealing with the chineese factories and quality control etc etc, but now that you have left, just exactly what does QMX have, do they actually own the head sculpts, weapons and outfit masters and molds for Scotty and Sulu so that they can contact the factories and run another batch or do they have to start from scratch - as I payed upfront for both figures based on photos of the finished articles not some new figures that could be of inferior quality.
I built an 1/6 production for 1/6 trek. I was the factory. Anything they PAID for belongs to them, the rest are all mine.

I asked many times on what to do with their assets after my last day. No reply. So their assets are sitting there since last Sept until one day they are hauled to recycle. More than likely they are all rusted by now.

Thanks Nanjin, well that is it then, it's obvious QMX don't care about honouring second batches of Scotty and Sulu, if they did those assets would be like gold to them instead of languishing in a corner of a factory rusting away.

Back