QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even MCCoy sat and sat for some time for $200
before Kirk and Spock were release

The average Hot Toys now goes for north of
$300(?) and a custom could go fo $1,500+

If you think about it, it is an indication
the market might just not be as big.

For us diehards, I would buy everyone
but for the weathered fans, it is just
Kirk and maybe Spock
I still feel like McCoy didn’t sell as fast due to the fact that Kirk and Spock were unavailable. At least that was probably the issue for some collectors. That’s why I didn’t purchase him when he was available.

I still feel like McCoy didn?t sell as fast due to the fact that Kirk and Spock were unavailable. At least that was probably the issue for some collectors. That?s why I didn?t purchase him when he was available.

Kirk and Spock are gateway figures. They should have produced enough to keep some in stock to do a limited re-release every time they release a secondary character because there will be a splurge of new interest. I'm positive secondary figures would sell more in that scenario, although they made so few Scotty and Sulu figures that they couldn't even fulfil pre-orders.

I think many were like me, and just weren't ready to commit to buying the entire crew just yet, and thought we'd need to be a lot more choosy with so many other characters rumored to be coming. Then of course once it became clear that these were the only ones we were gonna get, figures like McCoy suddenly became a lot more desirable.

I am going to hold on to the hope that after the corona virus QMX will honor the Scotty and Sulu figures, I can probably get a refund if I chicken out. Thanks to Spindrift I am glad I bit the bullet on McCoy, it's just weird that I only have the blue shirts and a captain's chair, maybe a Kirk V2 will pop up in the UK and I can add him to the team. I am going to attempt my own creations for the rest, I can sculpt and paint as good as anything I have seen on the net but I have no confidence when it comes to 1/6 uniforms even though I have access to people and machines. I think this will be my first port of call, if I can produce a good uniform I will go ahead with the sculpts, does anyone know what the material is used for the shirts and trousers and where I can purchase it.

So i just received my up Kirk & Spock v2 two pack from Bbts. All i can say is a holy crap!!! Qmx did a fantastic job. Hot Toys better look out.

If there is anyone out there that sat on their hands for the v1 release pick these two up ASAP. You cant go wrong for $349.00

Now whats next? Bones, Scotty ,Sulu or dare i say that awesome looking captains chair.

I was holding out for the Wrath of Khan figures but how better to pay hommage then collect the TOS

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

So i just received my up Kirk & Spock v2 two pack from Bbts. All i can say is a holy crap!!! Qmx did a fantastic job. Hot Toys better look out.

If there is anyone out there that sat on their hands for the v1 release pick these two up ASAP. You cant go wrong for $349.00

Now whats next? Bones, Scotty ,Sulu or dare i say that awesome looking captains chair.

I was holding out for the Wrath of Khan figures but how better to pay hommage then collect the TOS

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I bought the Kirk/Spock set from BBTS, too. The TOS triumvirate that includes Bones are the real must-haves for me. However, McCoy is the HCG statue in place of the QMx one on steroids. And I wouldn’t mind having Scotty, too, but it would have to be an eBay purchase of the first release. I would curb my enthusiasm about any more releases from QMx. Questionable to doubtful that they will be releasing any more Trek figs. Read previous posts.

Well, BBTS ships internationally and they still have the Kirk/Spock set for a relative bargain at $350.
Oddly the single Kirk is sold out. My two pack is in my pile of loot still. Does anyone know if the packaging on the two pack is different at all, or is it just the two individual figures in bundled in a shipper?

Oddly the single Kirk is sold out. My two pack is in my pile of loot still. Does anyone know if the packaging on the two pack is different at all, or is it just the two individual figures in bundled in a shipper?

I have mine in my pile of loot, too. Pretty sure it’s the individual boxes simply shipped together as a “set.” I called them and asked about that and that’s the answer I got, although the guy I talked to didn’t exactly come across as someone who knew much.

It almost looks like the same pictures from the auction I lost last week. Might just be remembering wrong though.

Edit: it is the same seller and it looks like it’s the same figure relisted. Wonder if the person who outbid me couldn’t pay for it or something. The thing is now I recently purchased Khan and don’t really want to throw more money at McCoy.

I still feel like McCoy didn’t sell as fast due to the fact that Kirk and Spock were unavailable. At least that was probably the issue for some collectors. That’s why I didn’t purchase him when he was available.

That's totally why I didn't buy McCoy - I asked QMx if they were re-releasing Kirk and Spock while McCoy was still in stock and they replied "not at this point". So I passed on McCoy. Then they re-released Kirk and Spock and I snapped them up! And a chair! So I emailed QMx again and asked about McCoy and this time they said they'd pass on my interest to the relevant department...

As I've said previously, email QMx and state your intention to buy a McCoy if you want to see him go into re-release (with, presumably, the improved new body).

I have mine in my pile of loot, too. Pretty sure it’s the individual boxes simply shipped together as a “set.” I called them and asked about that and that’s the answer I got, although the guy I talked to didn’t exactly come across as someone who knew much.

Yeah it's not a "set" it's just two individual figures shipped together. Separate boxes is how I received mine.

It almost looks like the same pictures from the auction I lost last week. Might just be remembering wrong though.

Edit: it is the same seller and it looks like it?s the same figure relisted. Wonder if the person who outbid me couldn?t pay for it or something. The thing is now I recently purchased Khan and don?t really want to throw more money at McCoy.
There are many ?self bidders?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

That's totally why I didn't buy McCoy - I asked QMx if they were re-releasing Kirk and Spock while McCoy was still in stock and they replied "not at this point". So I passed on McCoy. Then they re-released Kirk and Spock and I snapped them up! And a chair! So I emailed QMx again and asked about McCoy and this time they said they'd pass on my interest to the relevant department...

As I've said previously, email QMx and state your intention to buy a McCoy if you want to see him go into re-release (with, presumably, the improved new body).
They have to make their own. I am not selling my bodies to them.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Back