QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't panic yet-I think QMX will come through on Sulu and Scott although it'll be late. I just don't think anything new will be done though- at least for a long time

If QMX can't even fulfill the remaining orders for Scotty and Sulu, there's little chance of getting any future Trek figures from them.

Better hope that the manufacturing phase is complete on these and they are near-ready to ship. If not, with the Coronovirus reeking such havoc with China's entire production apparatus—not to mention their economy in general—forget about a Sulu and a Scotty anytime this year, if ever at this point, me thinks. I have two Scottys on pre-order at BBTS but I'm not holding my breath. Sulu, I don't care about.

Better hope that the manufacturing phase is complete on these and they are near-ready to ship. If not, with the Coronovirus reeking such havoc with China's entire production apparatus?not to mention their economy in general?forget about a Sulu and a Scotty anytime this year, if ever at this point, me thinks. I have two Scottys on pre-order at BBTS but I'm not holding my breath. Sulu, I don't care about.
Absolutely 100% positive of no such production had scheduled in the entire China in the past 6 months.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

So, let me understand, Scotty and Sulu have not been manufactured yet? If that?s the case, I don?t think we will ever see them in hand.
I resigned on Oct 31, 2019. I delivered Spock and Kirk. Then I delivered the Nun as a 3rd Party.

When I was an employee of the company, I was never informed to produced 2nd release of Scotty and Sulu or even prepare for their production (but I did prepare for.it because I assume the orders would be filled)

1/6 production is tiny. I. myself, knows where every 1/6 companies produce their products, and I know maybe 70% of the bootleggers productions. My network in 1/6 is well established.

That's no way I am not informed if there are Trek production ls out there.

As of today, I havent seen or heard anything related to Trek in the ENTIRE 1/6 production area.

Yes me too, he has said that QMX haven't updated him with the current status so I'm sure they are stalwalling and haven't even started production. Am looking at whether there are options for redress as these were produced and so are not pre-orders persae and sourcing issues could be breach of contract. Paying in full for well over 12 months and getting nothing not even updates, and only when I send emails is not funny.

Yes me too, he has said that QMX haven't updated him with the current status so I'm sure they are stalwalling and haven't even started production. Am looking at whether there are options for redress as these were produced and so are not pre-orders persae and sourcing issues could be breach of contract. Paying in full for well over 12 months and getting nothing not even updates, and only when I send emails is not funny.
Remember, there is only One origin of the problem. ALL others are direct or indirect casualties.

I resigned on Oct 31, 2019. I delivered Spock and Kirk. Then I delivered the Nun as a 3rd Party.

When I was an employee of the company, I was never informed to produced 2nd release of Scotty and Sulu or even prepare for their production (but I did prepare for.it because I assume the orders would be filled)

1/6 production is tiny. I. myself, knows where every 1/6 companies produce their products, and I know maybe 70% of the bootleggers productions. My network in 1/6 is well established.

That's no way I am not informed if there are Trek production ls out there.

As of today, I havent seen or heard anything related to Trek in the ENTIRE 1/6 production area.

How far did you get with the prototype of Uhura? I know you had the sculpt and outfit ready, but never heard if you found a suitable body. I know you're probably restricted in what you can show, but if QMX never releases her it would be nice to at least see all those great pics some day. :D

How far did you get with the prototype of Uhura? I know you had the sculpt and outfit ready, but never heard if you found a suitable body. I know you're probably restricted in what you can show, but if QMX never releases her it would be nice to at least see all those great pics some day. :D
Uhura was done according to their standard.

I havent went through 2nd Eye Commenting, and I am not happy with the body and was examining alternative modification of a generic body. Everything else, boots, stocking, underwear, hair piece (I was considering 2 hair piece otherwise Uhura will be to cheap at MSRP - these items belong to QMx) hands, ear piece, ear rings, alternate heads, necklace (I paid belongs to me) were all done.

The Q continuum would love to sue me so I would not do anything that belongs to them. (I hope they would sue me for some mysterious reasons so I can vent out my frustration but i wont provoke it because I still have other Trek objectives).

Last edited:
Interesting, so sounds like QMX has all the pieces to put together a Uhura figure, even if it's not the most ideal version you would have made.

Although I think at this rate I would take anything.

Interesting, so sounds like QMX has all the pieces to put together a Uhura figure, even if it's not the most ideal version you would have made.

I would not expect anything from QMx to deliver this year that has not already been shipped from China. The c-virus will make sure of that. I don't know for sure of course, just my 2 cents. And I'm talking about release 2 of Scotty and Sulu not any new figures. The production of any new Trek figures besides those two is anybody's guess as to whether they happen at all. I'm not hopeful.

They also lost the production leverage. If another Sulu is done, it should be in the USD210-230 range. There will also be a 15~18% cost increase across the 1/6 board production.

None of the previously done Trek figures could leverage any future production cost, which means, each figure will be produced at the highest cost on an individual basis.

Back