QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're still waiting in the UK for our payed for a pre-ordered Scotty and Sulu, what's with this distribution imbalance, is it Nanjing factory or Qmx it is getting more infuriating day by day.

Nanjin I'm just sad with no plan to introduce ST-TMP Kirk and Spock in their very distinctive outfits- your Kirk proto looked remarkable. QMX really doesn't have the capital to fund production or wonder if they think they won't sell? Then we open the argument about how many sell to produce a viable profit....

I'd love to see your work on other licenses Nanjin!

Since you bring up Threezero, I have to ask, did you seen their X-Files Agent Scully figure? Is there a reason they cannot get a female body that's accurate? Her head isn't even the right scale. Hot Toys seems to be the only company that releases females with actual human proportions.
Easy answer, fully utilizing the available resources without new investments, and male heroes always sell better. The more you use a certain mold, the more money you earn.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Easy answer, fully utilizing the available resources without new investments, and male heroes always sell better. The more you use a certain mold, the more money you earn.

I guess I understand that, but they have to understand the damage done by repeating that. I'll never order a female from Threezero. No hope for Cersei. The Game of Thrones line is going to have terrible versions of incredibly important characters.

It's weird that Picard is listed as a pre order for August on BBTS.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Love to see Sulu Dino..

Getting weak at the knees with having to
buy Sulu but
I just can’t get over the crappy Joker
Smirk ��[/QUOTE]

Sulu looks perfectly fine to me. Definitely a vital bridge crew member, and he's just as recognizable as Kirk, Spock and the rest. Yes I think the prototype sculpt was better, but this production sculpt is really good in spite of the hoopla over the smirk. I think it got over-criticized. Here are a few pics...

Attachments

• 20190725_192500.jpg
    20190725_192500.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 20190725_192952.jpg
    20190725_192952.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 153
Yeah he does look pretty good there. I think I've made my peace with the smirk by this point.

I more or less forgave the smirk after about a week from when they released the images, only because I REALLY want a complete TOS bridge crew. After getting him in hand, I'm pretty happy. I tend to light my living room in warm light that is evenly-distributed in the room. I hate overhead bright white lights. I think that makes a difference. All I know is that what I see before me looks very good. I'll get Chekov if they ever release him, in spite of the early head sculpt we've seen so far. That needs work.

My big hope right now is that we get at the very least a Lt. Commander Data to stand with Picard. Makes me a little sad having just one TNG figure.

I guess I understand that, but they have to understand the damage done by repeating that. I'll never order a female from Threezero. No hope for Cersei. The Game of Thrones line is going to have terrible versions of incredibly important characters.
Their money is in China.

Something outside the 1/6 production that no one really look at but it will have a huge.impact in 1/6.

Look at this monkey king figure. It is done one of the top producers in china. No license, no loyalties, selling USD380.

Selling direct they will make at least USD200 for each figure or wholesale them and make USD100. 1500 pieces all sold out during preorder period of 3 weeks.

Why these producers would want to produce for license holders and make USD 10-15 for each figures when they can hire a designer for USD1000 and make their own and make USD 100-200?

Under this situation, only the inferior producers will do OEM.

The above is simple Supply and Demand conclusion. Let me know if you have another reasonable conclusion.

The difficulties of maintaining competitive cost and high qualities will be extremely difficult in the coming years when you dont have your own network to have things done.

Anticipating the future is A MUST in 1/6 instead of reacting when 1/6 cost is so high and turnaround time is so slow. Asums, StarAce, DAM, 3Zero all knew about this and started preparing in 2017.

This was what I had been doing since 2017 SDCC. I predicted this situation around the same time. Is on my facebook. I said this in August of 2017
e21c387977bf54de812355e2d211beb3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your conclusion is that unlicensed figures will take over the market, but I think ultimately, that strategy could backfire and lose the US as a potential market where copyright holders are more likely to defend their copyrights by any legal means, including going after distributors if the figure numbers are high enough or the unlicensed figures are deemed a big enough threat to the monetary interests of copyright holders.

I'm not sure if your conclusion is that unlicensed figures will take over the market, but I think ultimately, that strategy could backfire and lose the US as a potential market where copyright holders are more likely to defend their copyrights by any legal means, including going after distributors if the figure numbers are high enough or the unlicensed figures are deemed a big enough threat to the monetary interests of copyright holders.

China people dont care. If it is profitable, they jump in especially in production sector - Southern China.

Southern Chinese are opportunists by nature due to geographic nature.

Remember production is at the bottom of the food chain. The workers are hard laborers and have the lowest pay, and if the factory has a few days of in operation, then they are due to close down.

Next month is next month's issue, I need to put food on the table tonight.

Last edited:
Nanjin- Any hopes of seeing a pic of the new production Kirk/Spock when they are ready for shipping??

Nanjin- Any hopes of seeing a pic of the new production Kirk/Spock when they are ready for shipping??
I will have samples next week. I think QMx will show them by then.

I guarantee 200% actual production will be better than promotion pictures (2016)

I was only limited by the head and the boots. I upgraded whatever I can with my target cost. I veto'd kirk chest insignia 4 times, outfit 6 times, destroyed 200+ heads, 250+ hands and 100+ boots. Now, they are fully aware, I have Zero Compromise Tolerance.

When i have paintup, cut and sew done in house, not only cost is under control, human technical proficiency of specific task also increases.

We are the last line of defense for 1/6 trek, my group and I wont let an ant with 5 legs pass our guards.

Last edited:
I will have samples next week. I think QMx will show them by then.

I guarantee 2000% actual production will be better than promotion pictures (2016)

I was only limited by the head and the boots. I upgraded whatever I can with my target cost. I veto'd kirk chest insignia 4 times, outfit 6 times, destroyed 200+ heads, 250+ hands and 100+ boots. Now.l they are fully aware, I have Zero Compromise Tolerance.

We are the last line of defense for 1/6 trek, my group and I wont let an ant with 5 legs pass our guards.

Wow. I'm excited- you sound very committed to these. Too bad QMX isn't holding you up for better respect that you deserve!

Wow. I'm excited- you sound very committed to these. Too bad QMX isn't holding you up for better respect that you deserve!
Pre-Ordering is a Trust, can we deliver something less?

We are Starfleet [emoji4] we dont do funnies [emoji23]

My team are here to beat yesterday's Nanjin. He is not leaving our sight.

Last edited:
Key feature of the body is to be able to do this posture at ease.
eb50707d3004d1d6e0749b81e867e212.jpg

For us tos geeks this is one of the definitive spock postures. Can wait to get these reissues in hand ! Thank you nanjin

Back