QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened up Scotty, and I love this line more with each release. Outstanding figure!

Be warned, crappy cell phone pics beaming up now:
4e49f4ebdbf349f79ca96f8ed4e4ae40.jpg
aca8003fabe47d59d046d407ea63c615.jpg
4cdbe1e1a9a9a902886ebc82841155be.jpg
bf3003d307c665ba1ae04213a3d7ebcf.jpg
7264d8a5a2b16b30eea2d8f06d69987d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool.
That looks like a nasty paint rub on the chin though...

I noticed the flesh coloring at the hair line once I uploaded the pics from my phone. It looked obvious in the pic but hadn’t caught my attention just looking at the figure.

The discoloration on his chin I didn’t notice at all until you guys pointed it out (thanks guys!!!).

So I just went to look at him again, and while I can see both on the figure if I look really hard, it really isn’t that noticeable in hand. I took another couple of quick pics in different lighting to see if they were as obvious this time.

533ddce9de9eacaad34c80344cdeb700.jpg
24c225e18209e03e93b4287a79344cb4.jpg

I didn’t take these as close up as the first ones. That combined with the different lighting makes them less noticeable to me. The imperfections are there, but really aren’t very noticeable to me in hand. I guess just the way my phone picks up light, and the ginormous size of the head in the close ups really accentuates them in the pictures.

That and my eyes are only getting older!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything has imperfections if you look hard enough. It is only the ones that stand out and actively bother you and detract from your enjoyment that really matter, at least that's always my view on such things anyway.

Now they say Scotty wave 2 due July to September 2019 and disabled comment. I've learnt now not to pay in full it doesn't necessarily secure you an earlier fulfillment. Deposits are the way to go.

Planet Action Figures has a no deposit option. It is always at the customers discretion when to pay. I understand your frustration with being put on a second wave but as you say paying the item off before release does not give anybody a special priority. We believe everything comes down to fairness. Orders that were placed first will go out and so on all the way until Wave 1 runs out.

We can only do what we can do, If we are told a date, we use that date, if it changes, we change it. We follow what is passed down the line. There was no mistake on PAF's part here. We secured our order a very very long time ago. (We were even invoiced for the full order!). The order was confirmed by our rep at the time. So we sold what we were told we can have. No more. Having the order cut at the very last minute is a ****** thing to do, but it happened. I tried to secure more, I explained our importance to the Trek Line. I tried everything I could. Unfortunately it was to no avail. I have my reasons on why I believe it was cut but I have to move on.

In regards to our Facebook post about Scotty, the comments have not been disabled. People are free to express opinion on there. There is one post with Disabled comments and that is a release schedule for all items across Planet Action Figures. If you would like to express opinions, the Scotty post is in our group still where the comments are not disabled.

We will work with QMx as closely as we can to get the next wave out to everybody asap. Until then it is a waiting game for everybody. As I explained in my email. I also am a collector, I have missed out on Wave 1 also. I myself am extremely disappointed.

Thanks to everyone that ordered for your continued support!

I got a .2mm nozzle which allows more detailed prints. Using Moribus 's files I found on 3Dwarehouse. I will try painting them and show them being held by TOS guys. Next up is the movie phasers

Sigh, just got the email saying my order has been pushed to Wave 2 and won't arrive until September as well. Which I gotta say really diminishes the newfound excitement I was feeling for this line.

Sigh, just got the email saying my order has been pushed to Wave 2 and won't arrive until September as well. Which I gotta say really diminishes the newfound excitement I was feeling for this line.

Don't give up hope! I'll let you pop round and watch me playing with mine. ;-p

I hope mine arrives before I go on holiday. I need a house sitter.

I'm a little jealous of all you Scotty folk. He just moved too fast for me to be able to secure one on a limited budget. On the bright side, I did preorder Sulu from Sideshow today. That's a win. [emoji2]And I had a coupon so he's 20 bucks cheaper!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Just ordered the Captain's Chair from Think Geek for $53 shipped. Used code PIDAY19

I already had one, but at this price I now have a backup in case the first one ever breaks!

Just ordered the Captain's Chair from Think Geek for $53 shipped. Used code PIDAY19

I already had one, but at this price I now have a backup in case the first one ever breaks!

WOW!
Thank you for posting that, I just ordered one.
Nice Birthday gift to myself today!

Back