QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This line is WAY ahead of a lot of other lines in terms of quality.

TOS Khan showed up today, and if you’ve been on the fence about him, now is the time to get off. I give him 9 out of 10, simply an incredible figure, and most likely the only villain that we will see from QMX TOS Line.

Sideshow has him at 10% off (at least it was when I ordered a few days ago).

Just checked, low stock remaining:

031bcc9a020b950b3a8841273358842d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but think intentional split shipment to help drive up initial demand seems more likely than going back and firing up a brand new run. Not that it matters I suppose, as I was always buying him anyway, but it's...interesting, nevertheless.

Either way, looking forward to Sulu next.

This line is WAY ahead of a lot of other lines in terms of quality.

TOS Khan showed up today, and if you’ve been on the fence about him, now is the time to get off. I give him 9 out of 10, simply an incredible figure, and most likely the only villain that we will see from QMX TOS Line.

Sideshow has him at 10% off (at least it was when I ordered a few days ago).

Just checked, low stock remaining:

031bcc9a020b950b3a8841273358842d.jpg

OK you convinced me. I had over $70 in credit from Sideshow, so this was an easy decision. I only have Spock so far, so this will be a good addition

Khan is one of my favorite figures! If this figure is on a shelf surrounded by a bunch of figures from Hot Toys nothing looks out of place.

Like this speed? More surprises will come.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Yes and no. On one hand I love getting the figures now on the other having the funds to get them is going to become an issue if a figure starts going on sale every month. I probably can not afford to get more than a handful of 1/6 figures a year so 4 Star Trek figures a year is what I would prefer but I completely understand people wanting more if they have the money and space.

MeTV is how my kids first saw Star Trek from there we have watched the TOS movies and some select TNG shows. They’re still really young so some of the shows are a little to intense or creepy for them. They loved the Borg episodes though.

Nanjin, I can’t wait for Riker. Shoot I would be more than satisfied if he turns out just like the one that was shown. The only Star Trek action figures I had as a kid was a Playmates Riker and a Klingon. Sadly no one ever bought me anymore. I had to use GI Joes as stand ins. I had him until my mom got rid of him with a lot of other stuff she seemed as being for little kids when I went to college. I had known I would have taken those two with me.

I just put myself on the email list for Sulu and broke down and ordered Kahn from Sideshow. The peer pressure was relentless! Thanks to all of you. Looking forward to more Star Trek figures.

My interests lie more with TOS and somewhat TNG, but I'm glad that all of the series are getting figures. A rising 1/6th scale Star Trek tide raises all boats...or something like that.

I've seen a number of 1/6th scale Star Trek items show up on Shapeways and other sites. I bought a bridge chair that is very nice. I'm going to start on my Nomad kit and maybe a bridge station. That should only take a few years. It's all good, though.

Tom

I just put myself on the email list for Sulu and broke down and ordered Kahn from Sideshow. The peer pressure was relentless! Thanks to all of you. Looking forward to more Star Trek figures.

My interests lie more with TOS and somewhat TNG, but I'm glad that all of the series are getting figures. A rising 1/6th scale Star Trek tide raises all boats...or something like that.

I've seen a number of 1/6th scale Star Trek items show up on Shapeways and other sites. I bought a bridge chair that is very nice. I'm going to start on my Nomad kit and maybe a bridge station. That should only take a few years. It's all good, though.

Tom

Does Shapeways (or anyone else) make a 1/6th scale TOS bridge station and or pieces?

We really need the navigation station, and the back middle third of the bridge to go with that gorgeous Captains chair. Back third of the bridge meaning Spock’s station, Uhura’s station, and the turbo lift doors.

Nanjin, can you please make?

It looks like in some of the photos, that some of that stuff may already have prototypes.

Yeah I would love a movie version of a similar bridge set. There are some TOS detolfs out there for flavour already though.

Yes and no. On one hand I love getting the figures now on the other having the funds to get them is going to become an issue if a figure starts going on sale every month. I probably can not afford to get more than a handful of 1/6 figures a year so 4 Star Trek figures a year is what I would prefer but I completely understand people wanting more if they have the money and space.
There are a few issues in 1/6 trek that no one seems to understand. This is understandable because people only pay attention on what they personally concern.

They major surviving key to 1/6 Production leverage. Only a consistent production line can survive in the current 1/6 production.

There are also tons of battles going on between companies in the production world that you guys can not see.

Most companies are in a losing ground in this respect. Beside HT, who released the most figures in 2018? Even bootleg companies are having trouble except “Txysxxa”

1/6 trek also experiencing this issue, I am at the front end in this “edge out” era. If Trek cant release and produced in a timely manner, I think Trek will be just like the Who figures, end up moving backward in time... SS scaling back in production and major in distribution... SA goes into 1/8, Medicom forgo 1/6 and went into 6 inches....

This is the most frustrating part of my job. As of today, no one on Earth except the production people knows what I have to do to get 1/6 trek moving. All I hear is “I know, I know.” Well, there is no such thing as “I know” if you never had real life experienced with it. What's happening now with Scotty, Sulu, and Uhura are the beginning of a strong 1/6 production foundation that no one in 1/6 had ever built.

Compare, a 3 years old 9 figures company to other companies, I am doing something that no one was doing before Trek. (Trek always lead the way [emoji16])

So, please bare with the troubles that come with Scotty, Sulu, and Uhura. We must go through this stage in order to be able to continue Trek.

Most 1/6 companies failed because they never believe “Securing Production” is a major part of their business model. Securing Production was my prime objective for the past 3 years.

I fought really hard for this operation model even taking the risk of giving up 1/6 trek.

Please help intriduce 1/6 Trek to other Trek friends. I want to go as deep as I can till the last second or my last breathe. Trek NEEDS the fans and friends support. You guys are the heros [emoji120]

Last edited:
Does Shapeways (or anyone else) make a 1/6th scale TOS bridge station and or pieces?

We really need the navigation station, and the back middle third of the bridge to go with that gorgeous Captains chair. Back third of the bridge meaning Spock’s station, Uhura’s station, and the turbo lift doors.

Nanjin, can you please make?

It looks like in some of the photos, that some of that stuff may already have prototypes.

I already have the entire bridge 360 3D model. If TOS can go that far, I will make it but I doubt the possibility

I already have the entire bridge 360 3D model. If TOS can go that far, I will make it but I doubt the possibility

I’m sure that enough of us would’ve wanted to order it to justify a basic run of maybe 250 or 500. Anyways, you have created, and are creating, the definitive TOS bridge crew, would be a shame not to put them on the bridge [emoji1303]

Thanks again for your passion, talent and commitment to Trek

Back